Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need some help with getting an old version transfered so i dont have to redownload

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Need some help with getting an old version transfered so i dont have to redownload
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AchillesStark
09.25.2013 , 06:08 PM | #1
I have an older version of the game (without the last 2+ weeks of patches) that doesnt use the streaming patcher. Im wondering if there is a way of transfering this old version from an old computer to my new computer.
Will it launch the game and then patch with all the previous 3 weeks of patches? Need some help.

edit: Having problems with the streaming launcher redownloading the game, if it wasnt obvious in the post

cabled
09.25.2013 , 06:30 PM | #2
if the directory paths are the same (on new and old machine) you just need to copy and paste and then run FixLauncher iirc.

if the directory is different you would have to re-define it from swtor_setup. this is again from memory (long time since I last did it) so if someone has an updated reply...
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

AchillesStark
09.25.2013 , 09:18 PM | #3
Theres got to be a computer whiz around here that can help me. I mean i have the entire game on another computer. I dont want to mess up the file and have to redownload it when i have the entirety right here.

cabled
09.26.2013 , 12:05 AM | #4
hmm... which part of the process do you need more help with? or is my answer no longer valid? it has been awhile since i've done it...
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Beesodd
09.26.2013 , 03:54 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi AchillesStark,

You should be able to just gut your existing install folder (found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic by default). Delete the entire contents, then just copy over the Star Wars - The Old Republic folder from your backup. Run the launcher from inside the folder when it finishes, and it should run ok.

You shouldn't have any issues, but if you do, try uninstalling everything then run the game setup file (link). Don't start patching, just copy across the backup and overwrite your newly created install.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Threa
09.26.2013 , 05:37 AM | #6
i copied the whole SWTOR folder on USB drive, copied it onto new computer into different path, launched launcher.exe and it worked without any glitch. Did it like three times and without any issues. Launcher always patched the game to updated state and i was able to play. You wont have things like icon on desktop and start menu items, but i think you can survive it. Hope that helps.