Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware, do you even give a ****?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Bioware, do you even give a ****?
 

x-Resurgence-x's Avatar


x-Resurgence-x
09.25.2013 , 01:03 PM | #1
Do you even read what people are saying? My launcher works fine. I have been playing all day. But there are a lot of people ready to quit. Do you really think that you have such a dedicated fan base that you will survive treating everyone like this? Guess what? There are loads of MMOs that these people can leave and go play, and they get everything free with there subscription, they don't have to pay extra money to play the race they want with a class. They get periodic updates when a problem occurs. Instead you feed them five lines of horse ****, and leave them in the dark. Your subscribers deserve more than you give them, especially when most perks F2P members do not get, can just pay for with Credits off the GTN. So please listen to what I am saying and have BEEN saying. Give the users an update once an hour, on the progress you are making. How hard is it to give a progress report to the consumer? Not hard at all. So wake up already, you are close to losing customers, which lets be honest, you cannot afford to lose.

Labrant's Avatar


Labrant
09.25.2013 , 01:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by x-Resurgence-x View Post
Do you even read what people are saying? My launcher works fine. I have been playing all day. But there are a lot of people ready to quit. Do you really think that you have such a dedicated fan base that you will survive treating everyone like this? Guess what? There are loads of MMOs that these people can leave and go play, and they get everything free with there subscription, they don't have to pay extra money to play the race they want with a class. They get periodic updates when a problem occurs. Instead you feed them five lines of horse ****, and leave them in the dark. Your subscribers deserve more than you give them, especially when most perks F2P members do not get, can just pay for with Credits off the GTN. So please listen to what I am saying and have BEEN saying. Give the users an update once an hour, on the progress you are making. How hard is it to give a progress report to the consumer? Not hard at all. So wake up already, you are close to losing customers, which lets be honest, you cannot afford to lose.
Though I agree to an extent and also had no issues with launcher... i have to ask. have you read ALL of the threads posted? the fact these people cant focus their **** on just one thread would make it impossible to keep EVERYONE up to date cause clearly no one is doing that.
Chances are they replied to one of the earliest ones and if people are too stupid to think of looking before making their own thread, that's on them, not the devs. If people want to quit cause they can't use a *********** brain themselves, good. Less morons we deal with in-game.
Esc//Ctrl

Labrant's Avatar


Labrant
09.25.2013 , 01:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Labrant View Post
Though I agree to an extent and also had no issues with launcher... i have to ask. have you read ALL of the threads posted? the fact these people cant focus their **** on just one thread would make it impossible to keep EVERYONE up to date cause clearly no one is doing that.
Chances are they replied to one of the earliest ones and if people are too stupid to think of looking before making their own thread, that's on them, not the devs. If people want to quit cause they can't use a *********** brain themselves, good. Less morons we deal with in-game.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=682877

See? I didnt even have to try and found one where they replied. You expect them to do that for the hundreds of threads on the same subject too?
Esc//Ctrl

x-Resurgence-x's Avatar


x-Resurgence-x
09.25.2013 , 01:33 PM | #4
Yeah I read that one. They have a response in Dev Tracker. I am complaining of the lack of Updates on progress. If you pay for the game, you deserve to know how long you can't play for, what they are doing to resolve the issues. If they refuse to compensate the Subscribers that lose game time, at least give them updates, so they can know when it is going to be back online, instead of sitting at their computers drooling. I agree a bunch of them are idiots, but lack of a decent brain, does not justify treating the consumer like a *****. That is my opinion at least. I knew since last night they were gonna be working on this, impossible not to know. Could let me know what you are doing to fix the issue though. They could also have a Moderator on duty, telling people that there is an answer here (Insert link here) and close the threads. That as well does not take very long, just like it doesn't take long to write up some ******** on twitter, so that the consumer feels like BioWare and EA give a **** about them.

CrispyWalrus's Avatar


CrispyWalrus
09.25.2013 , 01:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Labrant View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=682877

See? I didnt even have to try and found one where they replied. You expect them to do that for the hundreds of threads on the same subject too?
And what does that say exactly about why we have to redownload the entire game? Squat-- there is nothing there of substance save a workaround that really is not as I still have to redownload the entire game despite already having it and patched to v2.3.3a.

No it's clearly on EA/BW. I read through a dozen threads at least, never started my own and found little useful information from EA/BW CS. The fact is threads age so you can't expect someone patching today to find the thread made by someone yesterday if twenty odd threads have been created in the mean time and that one not bumped by a newer update.

What you can expect is EA/BW to make a sticky thread if they were at all interested in passing along relevant status and useful information to their customers in a concise and useful way. Even when the information is clear and concise like who qualifies for the 1050 cartel coins with a recent RotHC expansion, some of these "morons" you belittle might miss it. Living in a glass house is such a dangerous thing.

Tausch's Avatar


Tausch
09.25.2013 , 01:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Labrant View Post
Though I agree to an extent and also had no issues with launcher... i have to ask. have you read ALL of the threads posted? the fact these people cant focus their **** on just one thread would make it impossible to keep EVERYONE up to date cause clearly no one is doing that.
Chances are they replied to one of the earliest ones and if people are too stupid to think of looking before making their own thread, that's on them, not the devs. If people want to quit cause they can't use a *********** brain themselves, good. Less morons we deal with in-game.
Hi Labrant,

I have been playing or involved with MMO's since Ultima Online in September of 1997.

I closed my World of Warcraft account last week and took the offer that I had received to return to SWTOR. I had originally purchased the collectors edition of SWTOR (not cheap btw), and I had left when there was no grouping system and very little endgame.

I decided to come back to SWTOR and give the game another try. My initial download took over forty-eight hours to download. Contrast this with my six hour re-install of World of Warcraft when I built my new rig about three weeks ago.

Nonetheless I loaded and played SWTOR. I started playing Saturday of this week. I have really had fun the last few days, and I have been excited to play again.

Yesterday after finishing work around 4 p.m., Ioaded up SWTOR. I have been patching with my computer on ever since. In that time, I have seen dozens of posts with frustrated people. I have read some possible solutions and attempted all of them. Nothing has resolved my issue. I am currently at 95.25%, but I am unable to play my character i created four days ago.

My issue isn't with the patch problem, which happens in these massive games. My issue is with the lack of an official comment, and the loss of subscription time that I paid for. Yes, I did subscribe for a month.

Good customer service does not fix broken software issues. However it does let me know I am valued as a customer, and that the company is trying to fix the issue. Unless I have missed a sticky post or something in the game download screen, Electronic Arts has done nothing to address the players concerns.

renegadeimp's Avatar


renegadeimp
09.25.2013 , 01:52 PM | #7
If you want to have a discussion with Bioware, then keep the topic to one thread. When you create hundreds of threads on the same subject, they tend to go ignored.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

CrispyWalrus's Avatar


CrispyWalrus
09.25.2013 , 02:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
If you want to have a discussion with Bioware, then keep the topic to one thread. When you create hundreds of threads on the same subject, they tend to go ignored.
Yeah cause that makes sense. Not one thread so it can't all be the same issue people are experiencing of course. Besides which while I have not counted, a hundred is pure exaggeration. Many also might not sure if they have the same issue or not so rather than add to a thread that might not be relevant, they make their own. Really what we should get from EA/BW is a sticky thread if they were at all interested in collecting and passing along relevant status and useful information to their customers in a concise and clear way. It could even be titled something useful and relevant even-- Those experiencing ANY launcher/patch issues after 9/24 patch. Speaking with phone support and seeing the lack of meaningful discussion/help here; I don't really think they care greatly. And why should they.. once this passes over most will go on with the game because we really want to play a MMO in the Star Wars Universe and will continue to do so. It's just a painful lesson in the mean time how little their customers matter to them.

Tausch's Avatar


Tausch
09.25.2013 , 02:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
If you want to have a discussion with Bioware, then keep the topic to one thread. When you create hundreds of threads on the same subject, they tend to go ignored.
I would submit that silence on the part of Electronic Arts is causing the threads. As players continue to be frustrated, the perceived lack of care from Electronic Arts is fueling the situation. CSR responses in various threads are not effective. A launcher warning and/or a forum sticky would really help show concern for the player base that keeps the game alive.

tagos's Avatar


tagos
09.25.2013 , 02:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tausch View Post
I would submit that silence on the part of Electronic Arts is causing the threads. As players continue to be frustrated, the perceived lack of care from Electronic Arts is fueling the situation. CSR responses in various threads are not effective. A launcher warning and/or a forum sticky would really help show concern for the player base that keeps the game alive.
It took me literally 23 hours of downloading and numerous false starts to get back in the game. not one useful piece of advice did I get from anyone but other posters. Thanks guys. No reply to support tickets and CS was simply absent for the first 8 hours of this problem..

STILL there is no sticky acknowledging the problem or pulling together the actually useful information. That is the absolute base minimum CS we should expect and they have not provided it.

Why?