Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

***! I just want to play the game!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
***! I just want to play the game!

KadanAlistar
09.24.2013 , 08:42 PM | #1
*** is up with this download? I never have anytime to play anymore (new baby) which I'm fine with, but when I actually get a sec to where all is clear for me to play (at most usually an hour), it really grinds my gears to sit and watch the game download for a century before I can play! Oh wait, I can't play now, ran outta time.... Thanks a lot!

Same **** happened last week too!

Downloads and updates are getting a little excessive!

KadanAlistar
09.24.2013 , 08:43 PM | #2
The thing that really bothers me the most is, They don't give a ****! They continue to do the same thing!

Consistent ****** customer service!

xxzexerxx
09.24.2013 , 08:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KadanAlistar View Post
*** is up with this download? I never have anytime to play anymore (new baby) which I'm fine with, but when I actually get a sec to where all is clear for me to play (at most usually an hour), it really grinds my gears to sit and watch the game download for a century before I can play! Oh wait, I can't play now, ran outta time.... Thanks a lot!

I am in the same boat , i am new to the game and have been a reacurring subscriber for like three days. I get a day off work and cannot even play the game because of a stupid download that takes for ever.I have played the game maybe a week, and in that week i have had to do more downloading and patching then i have had game time. Needless to say when my first months subscriptions almost up it will be getting cancelled and i wont play this game again.

ItsGoobBro
09.24.2013 , 08:50 PM | #4
Their customer service is fine. They've helped me, and many others, before without a hitch.

I believe that the problem lies at home, with you. If you can only play for (assuming you're not exaggerating) an hour on certain days, then at least launch your game once a week to patch ahead of time.

Patch day is Tuesday (as far as I know), in the AM, so Tuesday while you're at work/busy/out, launch your game, take five seconds to type in your password, and let the game patch.

The only time you'll get more patches then usual is after a major game update, where tweaks are made throughout the week.

TL;DR? Patch your game on Tuesdays while you're out. That way, then you find the time in your busy schedule, you'll be able to play without a wait time.

KadanAlistar
09.24.2013 , 08:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xxzexerxx View Post
I am in the same boat , i am new to the game and have been a reacurring subscriber for like three days. I get a day off work and cannot even play the game because of a stupid download that takes for ever.I have played the game maybe a week, and in that week i have had to do more downloading and patching then i have had game time. Needless to say when my first months subscriptions almost up it will be getting cancelled and i wont play this game again.
I literally just purchased 60 days last week or I would be canceling. I'm just over it. I might not be as pissed if it weren't for me skimming through peoples posts and seeing absolutely zero responses from customer service.

Tells me they know they screwed up and now their trying to avert their eyes to our posts because they know they're gonna be terrible.

Time to man up and respond!

Hopefully they'll be replaced soon and all this will be in the past *fingers crossed*

Soulles_Void
09.24.2013 , 08:53 PM | #6
When the patch has, for some people, taken over 10 hours to process, that really doesn't fit with your little "Patch while you're out" spiel.
Yes, I realise I'm missing an "s" in my name. Drinking and account creation don't go too well together.

KadanAlistar
09.24.2013 , 08:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ItsGoobBro View Post
Their customer service is fine. They've helped me, and many others, before without a hitch.

I believe that the problem lies at home, with you. If you can only play for (assuming you're not exaggerating) an hour on certain days, then at least launch your game once a week to patch ahead of time.

Patch day is Tuesday (as far as I know), in the AM, so Tuesday while you're at work/busy/out, launch your game, take five seconds to type in your password, and let the game patch.

The only time you'll get more patches then usual is after a major game update, where tweaks are made throughout the week.

TL;DR? Patch your game on Tuesdays while you're out. That way, then you find the time in your busy schedule, you'll be able to play without a wait time.
Wow. Your an idiot or friends with someone in customer service because I have been a subscriber since the begging and one thing is for sure. Their Customer Service has always been subpar at best.

Time to clean house! They gotta go!

xxzexerxx
09.24.2013 , 08:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ItsGoobBro View Post

Dunno about the customer service but as for the at home problem what a ,lot of rubbish mate, i play every night and i am having the same trouble as ppl from differant parts of the world. So in another word its happening all over the world and its a at home problem? You have no idea what you are talking about.

HDubya
09.24.2013 , 08:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KadanAlistar View Post

Amen. Same here. New baby - got an hour to myself...and guess what?
Much rage there is in this one

Fizpop
09.24.2013 , 08:58 PM | #10
we usually get great customer service? really? the one and only time i had to, god forbid, CALL in to customer service, i had to wait on hold for more than 6 hours. w. t. f. I had to just put the phone on speaker while i did other things around the house. And as far as "patching while you're gone" that's a bunch of bs. I log on every day at least, and i'm STILL waiting over 6 hours for this patch to finish. in fact, i played the game normal only 8 hours previous with NO problem. And, it's Wednesday and there was NO NOTICE of a HUGE FREAKING PATCH needing to be downloaded today.