Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Reorganizing Data"

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xilc
09.24.2013 , 09:31 AM | #1
I don't get it, why does this happen EVERY time I log into the game? It does this literally every time I log in, and takes like 20-30 minutes. What exactly is it "reorganizing" every single log-in?

Beesodd
09.24.2013 , 09:34 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
There was a recent launcher update, which is the reason why it's currently updating. While it starts slow, it should speed up as it works. Sorry for any confusion or frustration caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

xilc
09.24.2013 , 09:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
There was a recent launcher update, which is the reason why it's currently updating. While it starts slow, it should speed up as it works. Sorry for any confusion or frustration caused.
Is it possible you guys could incorporate some sort of news feed for launcher updates so we know? It seems like only vital information (i.e: patches, advertisements) shows up on the launcher. If it simply said "9/24/2013: Launcher update." it would be amazing

Laughard
09.24.2013 , 09:37 AM | #4
Goodness, I'd pray for 20-30 mins. Mine usually takes around 2-3 hours.

ApocNizmith
09.24.2013 , 09:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Laughard View Post
Goodness, I'd pray for 20-30 mins. Mine usually takes around 2-3 hours.
I agree and the constant fixes, where they were needed, are still ANNOYING AS HELL! Every 3 days, I have to wait for 2-5 hours for this thing to reorganize it's frikin' data where a simple OVERWRITE of the file being patched would suffice. I don't have hours upon hours a day to play, so the days this happens I don't ven have time to log in, not to mention the 85% cpu usage that this function requires lagging even the internet, simple desktop based games and it effectively turns my comp into a 700$ paperweight while it "updates" slower than molasses moves in January....

Beesodd
09.24.2013 , 09:51 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Fair enough xilc. We did have some messaging, but I can see how it could be missed.

I have a favor to ask, since you mention the "Reorganising Data" happening repeatedly. Once things complete, can you open the main install folder and run the launcherDiag. Then please mail the 2 created files to support@swtor.com.

They will look like this: diag12220332245_br and diag12220332245

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

DarthJoen
09.24.2013 , 09:53 AM | #7
Just came back to the game after having a break for several months. Never saw this reorganizing thingie but hell its annoying!

RaulWWolf
09.24.2013 , 09:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Do tell us why some players have to wait hours for the "Reorganizing data" to "reorganize" while others just log-in instantly as soon as they download and install. My friend just logged in instantly as soon as he downloaded, and he had no such crap as "reorganizing data", I do not pay 13 euros per month having to spend half my day installing this nonesense every damn patch that comes out. Why does it even have to take this long anyway?

shaclar
09.24.2013 , 09:57 AM | #9
I have the same issue as well, and I agree with the above poster...20-30 minutes would be a blessing. It takes 2-5 hours for me as well. And it slows the computer down so much, that I cant do much else during that window. It doesn't happen every time I log in, just every time an update is released.

Elite-Force
09.24.2013 , 10:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ApocNizmith View Post
I agree and the constant fixes, where they were needed, are still ANNOYING AS HELL! Every 3 days, I have to wait for 2-5 hours for this thing to reorganize it's frikin' data where a simple OVERWRITE of the file being patched would suffice. I don't have hours upon hours a day to play, so the days this happens I don't ven have time to log in, not to mention the 85% cpu usage that this function requires lagging even the internet, simple desktop based games and it effectively turns my comp into a 700$ paperweight while it "updates" slower than molasses moves in January....
just checked this reorganizing took about 15min normally it takes less than 5min.
on a slow laptop hdd (no ssd) 5400 rounds and just about 100mbyte/sec. so nothing special.

Spoiler

but if you get 2hour+ you should look after your harddrive. check SMART, defrag and deactivate programms that constantly using your harddrive. but i am pretty sure you know all these things about your harddrive.

edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by RaulWWolf View Post
Do tell us why some players have to wait hours for the "Reorganizing data" to "reorganize" while others just log-in instantly as soon as they download and install. My friend just logged in instantly as soon as he downloaded, and he had no such crap as "reorganizing data", I do not pay 13 euros per month having to spend half my day installing this nonesense every damn patch that comes out. Why does it even have to take this long anyway?
your friends probably dont have the streaming client (ST in the lower left corner of the patcher).
if you want the old launcher/patcher back there should be a guide on this forum.