Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I miss Star Wars Galaxies :(

Nymphonic
12.23.2011 , 04:21 PM | #21
SWG was the best MMO I ever played in 12 years. Housing was 2nd to none.

Creedon
12.23.2011 , 04:40 PM | #22
Will be missed, just hope someone takes the 'idea' atleast and runs with it someday.

AshamonReborn
12.23.2011 , 04:40 PM | #23
As much as I am enjoying this game, the fact that keeps nagging in the back of my mind is what are we going to do to entertain ourselves after we level up? in SWG you and your guild wrote your own story, did your own thing, made your own adventures. PVP was real. Nothing was controlled, there was a real economy that matched real world economic affects.

I keep finding myself missing so many things from SWG as I play this game. The one thing I am happy for is our guild has reconstituted itself after our years of wandering aimlessly after SWG published the NGE. No cantinas to hang out in (not ones that matter anyhow), no banks, no fly wherever you want in space, no travel wherever you want on any planet, no cities, no homes, no guild halls, no shops, no planetary control, no player bases to destroy, no.... well I better stop whining.... there will probably never be another SWG.

Thank God for Bioware and SWTOR.
Ashamon Reborn
Servants of Darkness (DARK)

Storem
12.23.2011 , 04:45 PM | #24
well said......
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

Mykr
12.23.2011 , 04:48 PM | #25
Why SWG? WHYYYYY!?!?!?
Join the dark side, we have cookies!
Luke, join me, and we will rule the bakery as father and son!

Hidalgo
12.23.2011 , 05:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by lieutenantzent View Post
The NGE improved the game but even then it was still just a WoW in the star wars universe.
SWG is older than WoW.

---------------------------------------------------------

it saddens me, in this game i have yet to see a central cantina where people gather to shoot sh*t, and i can see why.

TOR is an RPG, where you play the role of the Sith Warrior, Inquisitor, agent, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, etc. your not experiencing your own story, you don't really have any choices.

also, entertainers made a good reason for people to convene in cantinas.
I used to play on Sunrunner, but then ... now i play on Prophecy of the Five.
SAIL!
Prophecy of The five Forums
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby...

NullArc
12.23.2011 , 05:29 PM | #27
I miss it as well, I miss my gunship, my YT-1300 and my X-Wing Don't knwo if i'll ever enjoy this space game so far its awful. Miss the player cities, the PvP the running around cantina's, lots of stuff.It had potential im my op, but was left wanting daily. I do enjoy SW:TOR though but space is just really bad i wanna fly not be driven, i want it to just take off and cruise around. ok ill end there lol, I miss my Bunker, the Guild hall, the hrs spent decoing them both all my houses ok had to add that lol hope this game figures somethign out along some of these lines.

-kobie-
12.23.2011 , 06:58 PM | #28
I played SWG for six years, through all three iterations of it, and I don't miss it one bit. About time they shot that lame old nag.
Barrahm/Loora/Tylarr
The Arkanus Legacy
The Harbinger

XinnKoda
12.24.2011 , 10:11 PM | #29
I would be very surprised if SWTOR doesn't come out with a space expansion such as SWG did. There's such a large group of people who live for space. I REALLY miss being able to jump in your ship with a large group of people and just literally hang out wherever you wanted to. You could just be floating next to the big space stations, etc. That being said, I do really like the interiors of the ships we have in SWTOR. I am a bit disappointed that we don't get to choose more ships (again, likely will change if there's an expansion) and that we aren't able to decorate our own ships. Nothing beat hanging out with your buddies and deciding to hop onto a couple turrets and take out a star destroyer. All that being said, jump to lightspeed for SWG didn't come out at launch either, it took them a while to come out with it. As it sits right now, I will always miss SWG, but I can't wait to see what SWTOR has in store for us. It's just a matter of time.

Woven
12.25.2011 , 08:10 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by GolgoThirteen View Post
I rather like SW:TOR, but I really miss SWG.

I miss my bio engineer/creature handler and my teras kasi/pistoleer. I miss finding the best spots for my mining rigs and crafting über items. I miss crazy world PvP and going to cantinas and chatting then tipping the entertainer and heading out into the wastes. I miss player cities.

I don't miss the NGE.

Anyway, misty eyed nostalgia over with. See you on the galactic battlefields.
Amen to that.

**** I miss driving my speederbike around the planet scanning the ground to find the highest quality ore and place the mining machines on there, produce your own electricity with windmills needed to have the miningmachines do their work, starting up a factory mass producing items and F*CK do I miss having my own house and public shop making me tons of money.

Hope they realize its not all about the pve/pvp leveling and that a economy based game adds a hella lot features and value to people. Screw the Galactic trade markets and the lame 'WoW' style mining/resource gathering. It doesn't add a lot of fun if you ask me

I'll Pray they patch this game into something really good cause its lacking too much of the good stuff