Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I miss Star Wars Galaxies :(

Sameria
12.23.2011 , 03:12 PM | #11
There is always swgemu (www.swgemu.com)

Sprint
12.23.2011 , 03:17 PM | #12
The Emulator is poorly done, despite their best intentions. It's like a broken beta of the vanilla.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Hidalgo
12.23.2011 , 03:18 PM | #13
the game had the best PvP and world involvement of any game. not just endless theme parks.
I used to play on Sunrunner, but then ... now i play on Prophecy of the Five.
SAIL!
Prophecy of The five Forums
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby...

Midarc
12.23.2011 , 03:35 PM | #14
I miss it too.
Such fond memories.

...but, we have to look forward.
Well, backward really if you think about it.
No forward.
That sounds better.

LegovBocaj
12.23.2011 , 03:44 PM | #15
I can say I miss the Eclipse TNJO and starsider's white thunder but SWG has nothing to do really with those groups it is just now harder to find SWG friends like rowook and the like to regroup in TOR. With SWG ending my little book of RPers is lost I only know about 30% of the people I used to hang with that are confirmed in TOR.

lieutenantzent
12.23.2011 , 03:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GolgoThirteen View Post
Heathen. NGE killed the game. But I still respect you
The term your looking for is heretic by the way, and I disagree I played both and the pre-CU was a total grind fest and was a pain in the *** the NGE brought better changes and made it more entertaining, most ppl who hate the NGE are just pissed off cuz the game changed, if you don't like change I feel sorry for you because every day the world changes and you must be in constant pain.

Cromagnum
12.23.2011 , 03:53 PM | #17
It was great in alot of things but what set it apart was the freedom you had. I mean you could create CITIES. What other MMORPG can you do that in?
In My World You’re A Friend Or Foe And Its Killed Or Be Killed

lieutenantzent
12.23.2011 , 03:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadedfate View Post
SWG was a horrid game from the start...tried it a few times over it's life span...just a huge disappointment all over. Terribly done.

The NGE improved the game but even then it was still just a WoW in the star wars universe,bioware makes my favorite games, my top ten favorite games of all time are almost all bioware made games, a few betheda are in there. I love the improvement of SWTOR, I will say SWTOR is better than SWG but that does not mean I didn't like SWG, I had some great memories of that game but it's gone now and im not going to sit on my *** and complain about it. instead im going to sit on my *** and play SWTOR.

ObiQuixote
12.23.2011 , 03:57 PM | #19
When I got to Tat and found the Krayt graveyard I really missed SWG. So wish they could have given $300 million Lionshead/Rockstar to make SWG 2 instead of this.

Gozinya
12.23.2011 , 03:57 PM | #20
If you miss it that bad, go play on the free player run servers. There's plenty out there.
Sith Wyrm Server
Cognus - Sith Sorcerer - Madness
Millennial - Sith Marauder - Annihilation
Gozinya - BH/Merc - Bodyguard