Unresponsive Controls Due to Rapid Keypresses

sabresandiego

Pressing a hotkey repeatedly often causes abilities to stutter, or simply not work. This is more noticeable with melee classes, especially jedi knight or sith warrior. The animation will replay itself a few times, then stop altogether or continue through. It happens most often in pvp where things are hectic and keys are pressed more rapidly. Activating multiple abilities which are off the global cooldown at the same time also often results in several abilities not being activated. Channeled abilities also sometimes channel without doing any damage or their intended effect (usually if you use them right after you stop moving). In addition, trying to move immediately after summoning your mount causes you to dismount. I believe that all these issues are related to some bug or horrible design flaw in the key input or animation coding.

These bugs make playing at high speed (such as in pvp) quite frustrating, especially for melee classes.

Edited by sabresandiego

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this is simply not something they are going to be able to patch or fix within any sort of reasonable timeframe. I will not be subscribing to this game, the PvP system is simply bad.

A game that came out in 2011 should not be worse than a certain game that was released in 2004. WoW's PvP, however unbalanced and "grinding" it was, it had one thing going for it: fluidity of controls. They got it right in WoW. When i push a button in wow, that action happens. In SW:tor, it takes a couple seconds, or the animation doesn't happen, or i get an error message saying that i am not behind them or i am out of range.

Also, super long GCD, ***? Come on bioware.

I have to admit the game was great and fun for the early access week until I started playing all the classes and noticing these bugs, this one the OP has mentioned also noticed it today being I rolled a Sith Warrior and am now lvl 20 and doing some PvP.

NONE of my abilities work UNLESS I stop moving and then wait and hit the key.

I cannot hit abilities in chains AT ALL because they just wont go off. This is a HUGE bug and needs to be fixed right away.

I feel Like I have wasted tones of time leveling this character.. another slap in the face by BW.

Edited by Herguy

UI needs fixed, and I also have same problem as well. I sometimes for some reason come unlocked and throw away a move, thing is it was locked.

Think a repeat of a move so long unsticks it, then again I think its a glitch or a bug in the interface system when it comes to the action bars.

It will be fixed with time, we have to be patient.

Edited by Caeliux

+1

Controls need major improvements, otherwise it's just another frustrating few months with a class that requires perfect control, getting ***** by the UI until I just quit.

As a Juggernaut ..you're just boned currently if you have more than 10 APM. Players who just stand still - clicking their abilities - are probably faring better than I am right now.

Edited by Fyrne

Unfortunately this is simply not something they are going to be able to patch or fix within any sort of reasonable timeframe. I will not be subscribing to this game, the PvP system is simply bad.

A game that came out in 2011 should not be worse than a certain game that was released in 2004. WoW's PvP, however unbalanced and "grinding" it was, it had one thing going for it: fluidity of controls. They got it right in WoW. When i push a button in wow, that action happens. In SW:tor, it takes a couple seconds, or the animation doesn't happen, or i get an error message saying that i am not behind them or i am out of range.

Also, super long GCD, ***? Come on bioware.

I think you play MMORPG's solely for PVP, which is a mistake. However I do agree that this bug is a huge PITA.

Yeah, Bioware just sat around the office for the last 6 years dreaming up of ways to piss you off...

No, they just sat around in the office doing voice overs while they forgot about the rest of the game.. you know, making sure the game functions properly.. Hell even the voice overs are broken still on some quests.

Voice overs Broken

UI Broken

PvP Broken

Ability to Pick Warzones Not implemented

Companion Missions completing and popping a window open in PvP and also closing all other windows that you have open

Repeated abilities within class and advanced class.. Sith Warrior gets a saber throw and so does the Jugger :/ so im training 2 of the same skills.

Mini map not showing quest objectives, you have to open and close the world map to get them to show after turning in a quest or completing an objective.

the damn GCD is too damn long

CC lasts waaay to long

This list goes on and on, and they were all known in Beta but BW ignored them.

Pressing a hotkey repeatedly often causes abilities to stutter, or simply not work. This is more noticeable with melee classes, especially jedi knight or sith warrior. The animation will replay itself a few times, then stop altogether or continue through. It happens most often in pvp where things are hectic and keys are pressed more rapidly.

This bug makes playing a melee character extremely annoying.

Try dropping the "move queue" in your preferences to zero. This will help a little, but the lag will still be there, this is a huge problem that i'm seeing all over the forums. But BW refuses to comment on it. Which, at least to me, means they have no idea what to do about it or just don't care as the PvE community is happy. And don't worry it makes melee or ranged annoying. And don't even bother trying a healer lol.

And to people looking to hate, I know it's only been officialy out for not even 2 whole days, I'm not saying they need to fix every bug and glitch immediately, but acknowledgment that a problem exists would be nice, as I've seen them acknowledging individual problems for. You'd think one that has a good chunk of your players behind it would also be worthy of some attention.

I have to admit the game was great and fun for the early access week until I started playing all the classes and noticing these bugs, this one the OP has mentioned also noticed it today being I rolled a Sith Warrior and am now lvl 20 and doing some PvP.

I cannot hit abilities in chains AT ALL because they just wont go off. This is a HUGE bug and needs to be fixed right away.

I feel Like I have wasted tones of time leveling this character.. another slap in the face by BW.

^^ yup that somes it up for me too as an experience in pvp zones, even hotkeyed skills are unresponsive , mouse5 button for "melee ability" click click click, o wait stop click yep now it works or they do nothing and go on a refresh , really annoying @s hell.

swtor ui is so bad...no words for it. 2nd worse ui in an mmo to date with final fantasy 14 being nr 1 :eek: that bad? yep unfortunate but true...

Edited by naniyo

Abilities not working is a huge issue for me and must be fixed soon. I enjoy this game and want to play it, however I will not be subscribing past the free month if this issue is not resolved soon. It is completely unacceptable for me to not be able to rely on "trying" to use abilities and having them fail to activate threw no fault of my own.

BIOWARE FIX THIS!!!!!