Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Classes Planned for the Future???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
New Classes Planned for the Future???

Armadillon
02.25.2014 , 12:32 PM | #21
Beastmaster and droid engineer please

psandak
02.25.2014 , 12:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by kyleschen View Post
keep dreaming guys, keep dreaming...
*qft*
Probability 101
The Harbinger, Ortzid Legacy
Dalkery - Sawbones, Car'beerd - Jedi Guardian,
Blairnah - Jedi Sage, Ulunnes - Commando

Hakkology
02.28.2014 , 08:23 AM | #23
I know stuff is already really complicated but would be nice to have another heal/range class to increase variety.
Hakko of the Red Eclipse ( Telekinetics Sage )

jaytdasme
03.01.2014 , 03:58 PM | #24
Im pretty sure they covered every significant "class" archetype that appears in both mainstream MMOs and Star Wars lore. Tho i still am a little bummed out the factions are mirrors. Be nice if they were varied beyond visual asthetics.. but w.e. im aware how complicated this would make the game so i get it.

maybe making some Hybrid Advanced classes? Maximizing versatility and skill play, having a scoundrel that could have cover benefits like a slinger or a knight with a couple sage powers would be pretty dope.
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Damsyl
03.04.2014 , 10:43 AM | #25
Give us TK Master from SWG! Both sides can be that class, so you dont have to think of the mirror. Or give us Creature Handler!
Damsyl N'distress
55 Operative (Medicine) | The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Bioware, what can we expect as far as PvP for the future of SWTOR?
No

Kain_Turinbar
03.04.2014 , 02:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
I HIGHLY doubt that Bioware has new classes planned. That would require making MORE voice acting, new stories, and new animations. I superbly doubt that BW has ANY intention to add new classes. it's too much effort.
That's why I think they would cheap out and go with new advanced classes.

jaytdasme
03.09.2014 , 12:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Retrochillee View Post
Echani
http://wiki.darkjedibrotherhood.com/view/Echani
Unarmed combat, or vibroknives

Pet class
droids or beasts

Play as a Droid
uses droid armor
Actually i could totally see a beastmaster type Companion being added with various alien beast related moves and maybe even summon a rancor at higher levels.

Also a Droid Master AC seems like it would fit scoundrel/Operative; summoning various droids for combat and buffs. I just can't conceive a way for it to be useful but not OP.

Just equip a BH (or trooper) in the "series cyber CC" gear and you'll have the experience of playing a droid.

Dan_Loto
03.09.2014 , 02:05 PM | #28
I would love to have more classes, but I don't expect them and would be 100% satisfied with additions to the current class stories instead.

I am a big supporter of droid classes though. I assume that Hunter Killer Droids would be very popular. They would need to justify why droids have "free will," but Star Wars has encountered that topic before.

yoomazir
03.10.2014 , 12:58 AM | #29
I guess BW problem with making new classes would be related to voice acting costs.

The VA of the class would need to voice for all the story quest, planetary quests, flashpoints, ops, siquequest, etc, etc... THEN, BW would probably need to hire other actors for the companions, then rehire actors where their NPCs made a specific comment related to the class (ie: In the Eseless, the Sith saying something different for each class).

Yeaaah, that would be a little bit too much, a shame though, I would love to see a new couple of new classes, like a pet /summoning class or the imperial trooper.

We'll just have to wait to see what BW is planning, at least they said they were interested in adding new Advanced Classes, which woulb be somehow a great idea, not only it would be cheaper to make (no VA) but players would have a sense of novelty.

jaytdasme
03.11.2014 , 01:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I guess BW problem with making new classes would be related to voice acting costs.
Yea.. my thing is, why does it HAVE TO be big name voice actors? i mean it's cool and all, but frankly i wouldn't like the game any more or less if they just hired "some dude" with decent voice acting potential. Maybe a newbie to the voice acting world that wouldn't charge a whole lot for the experience. Hell, i'd do it for free. lol