Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character stuck and nothing frees her.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Character stuck and nothing frees her.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tyneir
12.21.2011 , 05:13 PM | #1
Alright, my character, Naomi, on Zakkeg Beast is stuck on something that looks like it shouldn't be there: It's a short balcony tier with some sort of power coupling or what-not on it and there is, between the walkway and the coupling, a large dip in the ground. My character is stuck in that dip and can't get out.

I tried logging out and then back in, I tried calling in for transport (It comes up, I select the location, but the power is never actually completed), and I have attempted to use both /unstuck as well as the Stuck button on the Customer Service tab. The Stuck button says it should move me a few yards and, if it can't, would kill me... it doesn't move me but it, also, doesn't kill me.

There is nothing I can do for my character and no one on general, at the time, could think of any ideas. Any GM's out there, please help.

Thanks ahead of time.

TheLordMarshal
12.21.2011 , 05:15 PM | #2
I feel for ya dude....had the same problem...

Miami_Heat
12.21.2011 , 05:32 PM | #3
had same problem...quick travel is about the only thing you can do unfortunately. I had it happen on my sith inquisitor

TheLordMarshal
12.21.2011 , 05:33 PM | #4
Quick travel, /stuck, fleet pass, etc. All have not worked for me. I even tried going PvP, it just puts you back in the same exact spot as when you left.

I need a server restart or GM to move me

renegadeimp
12.21.2011 , 05:34 PM | #5
Can you get someone to come and duel you, then force jump out etc?
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Smaois
12.21.2011 , 05:36 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyneir View Post
Alright, my character, Naomi, on Zakkeg Beast is stuck on something that looks like it shouldn't be there: It's a short balcony tier with some sort of power coupling or what-not on it and there is, between the walkway and the coupling, a large dip in the ground. My character is stuck in that dip and can't get out.

I tried logging out and then back in, I tried calling in for transport (It comes up, I select the location, but the power is never actually completed), and I have attempted to use both /unstuck as well as the Stuck button on the Customer Service tab. The Stuck button says it should move me a few yards and, if it can't, would kill me... it doesn't move me but it, also, doesn't kill me.

There is nothing I can do for my character and no one on general, at the time, could think of any ideas. Any GM's out there, please help.

Thanks ahead of time.
Greetings,

Please report this issue to our in game Customer Service team.

For information regarding how to report this, please see the helpcenter article here.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

darthldub
12.21.2011 , 05:36 PM | #7
ye this is happening to me right now on dromund kaas near the inquisitor trainer and nothing works for me.

Rockstar
12.21.2011 , 05:41 PM | #8
I posted about the same issue that happened to my friend, I got him out, read below:

I just wanted to put a word of warning out. A friend of mine got stuck in the ground. He created a customer service ticket as /stuck did not fix this nor could he use quick travel or fleet pass as he was involuntarily moving while in the ground, thus canceling his cast for said abilities.

It happened at 11am, he stayed in game for TWO hours, no response. He had to log, came back at 7pm, his ticket wasn't even looked at yet and he was still stuck in the ground. My other friend had tried to pull mobs too him just so he could kill himself and respawn, but the mobs would evade once he attacked, probably due to where he was and pathing.
He said he tried everything he could think of and was seriously thinking of just rerolling.
I got in game after work at 7pm, and the only solution to get him out was the Vanguard ability harpoon, pulled him right out.

That is not the point though, what if he was further in the ground and I couldnt duel him/target him? How long does it take a GM to answer a STUCK character? Aren't those issues supposed to be priority as these kind of things are game stopping for the user? How is there not a stuck category in the customer service ticket creation list?

I was telling friends that this game is by far the most polished I have ever seen an MMO launch, but now, being that in all the mmo's I have ever played I have never seen an issue like this, I've been telling people the opposite.

So basically in conclusion of my rant, if you get stuck try to get a powertech or vanguard to help you....the GMs seem to be no where in sight.

tl;dr

/duel a powertech or vanguard, if they can target you, they can use harpoon and pull you out.

darthldub
12.21.2011 , 05:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greetings,

Please report this issue to our in game Customer Service team.

For information regarding how to report this, please see the helpcenter article here.
i reported it, do you know if there is an estimated response time?? not tryna rush but i was playing with my cousin and would like to get back to it thanks for the help

TheLordMarshal
12.21.2011 , 05:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by n5-l1 View Post
greetings,

please report this issue to our in game customer service team.

we've all had tickets in, how long is this going to take?!?!?!!