Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank you for calling support [...] Please try back later.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Thank you for calling support [...] Please try back later.

misterfitz
12.21.2011 , 05:03 PM | #1
Having followed the swtor.com's 'Contact us by phone' instructions to the letter & digit, imagine my surprise when "you can contact us via the following toll-free phone numbers: UK, Germany, France: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 BIOWARE)" turned out not to be a real 'phone number. Perhaps it is, but not in England. I substituted the + with a 0 (0800 denoting a free-phone number in Great Britain), tried the number as 800 0246 9273 & 0246 9273 (not a complete 'phone number) all to no avail.

Apparently the UK 'phone number is fictitious; well, the number exists, it just doesn't function as a 'phone number in Great Britain. So I tried the "For calls originating from countries not listed above, please call the following number: +442035642555".

'Aha!' I thought, 'That's the international code for Great Britain. Brilliant, there is a number!'

"Thank you for calling support for SW: TOR [...] Please try back later."

Over the last three hours & forty minutes I've attempted to call back later eleven, ah wait... Twelve times now. That's once every twenty minutes. Admittedly I'm greeted by a recorded message in one of three accents, but all three advise me to 'call back later'.

I've been playing the game since 15.12.11 & today it asked me for the registration code. All I want to do is enter the code included with the discs, but apparently it's incorrect regardless of whether I include the hyphens, exclude them, or substitute them for spaces.

And apart from the non-existent +800 0246 9273 I'm assured that "Our Customer Service droids are programmed and ready to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." They aren't really are they? No, they're not...

Can anyone provide some useful advice please?
Be pure! Be vigilant! BEHAVE!