Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are snipers so ridiculously powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why are snipers so ridiculously powerful?

starwarsfansix
09.19.2013 , 12:35 PM | #1
I just don't get it. How can one class destroy anything that comes at him/her in 1 vs 1?

paowee
09.19.2013 , 01:15 PM | #2
Idk what you talking about.. A medicine Operative beat me 1 on 1 last night in a warzone

Took around 10 minutes though.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Opekuna
09.19.2013 , 01:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by starwarsfansix View Post
I just don't get it. How can one class destroy anything that comes at him/her in 1 vs 1?
because in 90% of games anyone holding a long range rifle gets extreme advantage in one way or another. but there are tricky "counter sniper" techniques, like good timing of interrupting abilities since all of their powers have to charge up, and putting them in a situation where they either cant outrange you or dont have a line of sight on you.

although it seems mercenary is a good class against them, from my experience playing sniper and playing merc +other classes

CaraExas
09.19.2013 , 01:43 PM | #4
as to having a sniper, my biggest pet peeve class in warzones are assassin/shadows...you get a good one on you, your done.
<Failure>

Thanil: Assassin

Loominaty: Sorc

Mrog
09.20.2013 , 11:43 AM | #5
Stealth can be effective at mitigating range. In addition, classes that utilize mobility can eat my lunch as a sniper. Snipers cannot self heal and this can be exploited. For example, Operatives and Sorcs have better mobility and can utilze the environment + speed + healing to out last me in a hit and run guerilla battle. What is probably true is if you start at long range and try to just attack in a direct frontal assault against a sniper who has all their cooldowns, you will probably lose.

starwarsfansix
09.21.2013 , 03:30 AM | #6
Maybe they look like demigods to me because I'm a vanguard dps just starting the 69/72 gearing process. Let's hope I stand better chances against them after 2.4 and after I get myself better gear.

MDMoshi
09.21.2013 , 09:35 AM | #7
Maybe they look like demigods to me because I'm a vanguard dps just starting the 69/72 gearing process. Let's hope I stand better chances against them after 2.4 and after I get myself better gear.
Yes that would be why. They see you coming and you can't move very fast. Use LOS the most you can.
Acadai / Heidi-Marie / Zoey-sonora
Mid-day Mid-week Ops: http://www.exceptionallegion.com/for...s-82213/page/1

Smuglebunny
09.21.2013 , 10:03 AM | #8
Sniper Gunslinger rulebook (unless you are stealth)

1. Do not approach a GS/Sniper who can see you and is targeting you. You WILL lose.

2. Stay out of LOS or out of range.

3. Attack from behind.

4. USE DOTS if you got em. Then LOS.

5. Don't try to stun them when hunkerdown/entrench is up.

follow these rules and if you are good you will still lose...na jk you might win maybe.

My rage Jugg beats Gunslingers all the time. Reflect is useful on them. But if I walk up on him right in front of him with all his cooldowns hes gonna win.

LordDeWet
09.22.2013 , 02:56 AM | #9
Ok the first thing is it looks like you die alot of time by a sniper in a WZ but anyone that understands the combat mechanics and if you have the right skill tree that fits you on a sniper. you have a very good chance to will

Trimexxx
09.22.2013 , 03:17 AM | #10
You just need saber reflect.