Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oricon (HM) 8-Man Progression Tracking - Suggestion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Oricon (HM) 8-Man Progression Tracking - Suggestion Thread

insaneric
09.24.2013 , 06:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Leylea View Post
Can u explain, why u wanna encourage guilds going Fortress first?
I dont see any reason for this point. If u wanna go this way, u could just require clearing Fortress to be tracked for palace. In my opinion this point will lead to too much tactical argy-bargy.
Fortress is the logical first operation in the chain so it's encouraged as first. I'm not wanting to make it exclusive so as to not "stop" progression (for all guilds or weaker guilds) if a boss is unexpectedly difficult or broken.
By "stop" progression i mean forcing them to decide between taking part in the tracking and clearing all the content that they're currently capable of.

I don't believe there with be much "tactical argy-bargy" (nice phrase btw) as the clear path to get maximum points is to clear Fortress completely first then Palace. It's only guilds that will not down a boss that may benefit from switching early (and these guilds shouldn't be ranking in top spots overall regardless of their choice).

A related issue I'd like to comment on:
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendish View Post
At the walls, left and right, in front of the entrance of Dread Palace, there are two Dread Palace access panels with a red light. I think you will have to clear Dread Fortress to gain access to Dread Palace.
It is possible Bioware enforcement of one before the other, this would be nice but I expect completing Fortress in SM would allow access to all settings of Palace (SM+HM) making the solution irrelevant. If it is HM complete for HM unlock then the tracking prototype will still work.
Darkness Tank Assassin Madness DPS
The Fuyri Legacy

Leylea
09.25.2013 , 03:50 PM | #22
Ok, i get that point. Elaborate a tracking in which most guilds can take part, even they didnt clear everything on the first day (or how long it will take) is a good thing. Im with u here.

The Kill Values u get are depend on how much time is spend between ur kill and the first kill and on how much guilds had killed the boss between (including in the killrank). am i right here?

insaneric
09.25.2013 , 04:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Leylea View Post
Ok, i get that point. Elaborate a tracking in which most guilds can take part, even they didnt clear everything on the first day (or how long it will take) is a good thing. Im with u here.

The Kill Values u get are depend on how much time is spend between ur kill and the first kill and on how much guilds had killed the boss between (including in the killrank). am i right here?
It's only dependent on time between your kill and the first kill.
The Fuyri Legacy

paowee
09.27.2013 , 12:44 PM | #24
I don't / haven't participated in any progression in any MMORPG so my question is..

What is the downside to simply having an accounting of which guild kills which boss first? With a timestamp you can easily put a checkmark on whoever kills X, Y, Z boss first, second or third. No points, no diminishing returns, etc etc.

Code:
Fortress            1st              2nd            3rd
boss 1               Guild A       Guild B       Guild C
boss 2               Guild A       Guild B       Guild C
boss 3               Guild A       Guild B       Guild C
boss 4               Guild A       Guild C       Guild B
Full clear            Guild A       Guild C       Guild C

Palace               1st              2nd            3rd
boss 1               Guild A       Guild C       Guild C
boss 2               Guild A       Guild B       Guild C
boss 3               Guild A       Guild B       Guild C
boss 4               Guild A       Guild B       Guild C
Full clear            Guild A       Guild B       Guild C

Timed Run         1st              2nd            3rd
Fortress             Guild B          Guild C       Guild D
Palace               Guild B        Guild C      Guild D
Guild A can end up below B (and maybe even C) if Guilds B and C cleared Fortress and Palace only a few minutes or hours than Guild A. Ofcourse the points can always be "changed" and "adjusted." (But) Don't people really only recognize the first and second (maybe third) screenshots of a full clear (with timestamp as proof) anyways?

EDIT:

For example https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FamVTUGc#gid=0
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

insaneric
09.27.2013 , 04:40 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
What is the downside to simply having an accounting of which guild kills which boss first? With a timestamp you can easily put a checkmark on whoever kills X, Y, Z boss first, second or third. No points, no diminishing returns, etc etc.
There's a rank list for each boss already in the spreadsheet. The points is to create a system where you can compare who's done best across the entire wave of content. And it allows more guilds can participate than a top 3 system and that helps to grow the community.
The Fuyri Legacy

paowee
09.30.2013 , 11:11 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by insaneric View Post
The points is to create a system where you can compare who's done best across the entire wave of content.
i see

Quote:
And it allows more guilds can participate than a top 3 system and that helps to grow the community.
It don't have to be top 3. it can be top 200 as long as a person keeps on adding guilds to the list (referring to a simple accounting of who clears first depending on time stamp, no points.)

paowee
09.30.2013 , 11:15 AM | #27
Took a peek at the other thread. I see you've removed the title run from inflating or deflating the points'

insaneric
09.30.2013 , 11:23 AM | #28
Here's a link to the tracking thread for anyone who hasn't seen it - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683802

Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Took a peek at the other thread. I see you've removed the title run from inflating or deflating the points'
I don't believe there are titles for HM
The Fuyri Legacy

paowee
09.30.2013 , 05:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by insaneric View Post
Here's a link to the tracking thread for anyone who hasn't seen it - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683802

I don't believe there are titles for HM
Toink

I was thinking NiM XD