Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck on Macrobinoculars group missions "All The Pieces"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Stuck on Macrobinoculars group missions "All The Pieces"

midianlord
01.07.2015 , 10:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by nightsproull View Post
The easiest way to complete these quests is to simply never do them in the first place. Complete waste of time unless you're a completionist.
This is actually one of the game's best quest-chains, IMHO.

In some ways, maybe even THE best, along with its companion/counterpart, the Seeds of Rage/Dreadseed arc.

And it all flows so wonderfully well, until you get to the final missions, which are explicitly [HEROIC 4], non-solo'able.

And yet, every single mission leading up to those for both arcs, is not only solo'able, but scales to group-size, so if you have some mates to play with, you can bring 'em along, and still get (I presume?) a party-appropriate challenge instead of a grossly over-powered snore-fest.

(I think the Shroud might be, if you can face tank all that DPS...I haven't tried this yet, though I have solo'ed it up to that point after dinging 60, with a few deaths (that sail-barge guy's adds, they can hurt a lot even though they're now "green" to you.) The Seeds of rage one, I don't think can be --one player, it would seem, just can't move fast enough during that "hold-out" scenario early on between the turret and force-field charge-up thingies.)

It all compels the question:

Why such a jarring wrench thrown in the works, especially right on the edge of completion?

Even when new, almost nobody wanted to do these missions, the rewards even then were "okay" at best, and so those final missions have sat in my first/main Merc's quest log for like almost two *********** years.

Yes, I'm a completionist, plus I don't want to invalidate the time I spent doing every-bloody-thing else in those arcs.

Forced grouping --especially in as cheap and ham-fisted a way as this game does it; You'll recall that this asinine garbage first started with Section X's [HEROIC 4] mission-- just drives me up the wall.

Options to group for all/most content, with better rewards, or other good incentives to do so? Always.

Forced grouping? Never.

It's just so....cheap

IoW, Yes, these need to have a solo option, which the entire rest of both the arcs give.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

puboldhand
06.07.2015 , 01:13 PM | #12
I've been doing Macrobinoculars solo and have gotten to the H4 Dark Design on Nar Shada. After killing off the droids at the entrance to the location of the transmissions, the entrance area is sealed in by beams and there's a couple of electrostatic generators and an electrostatic discharge emitter that has to be dodged.
Probably I'm just brain dead, but I haven't found a way to attack or otherwise interact with anything in that entrance area once the droids are dead.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sundown
06.07.2015 , 01:20 PM | #13
Isn't that the one where you need to stand on those bubbles left and right to have them fried by the beam? Just at the beginning after the droids ambush you?

Doqtyr
06.08.2015 , 11:36 AM | #14
Please excuse me but it's been a while, I don't know why I am still subscribed to this tread. I think you are talking about an area where there is a long hallway with little rooms. there are 4 places that have to be shot, stabbed, force pushed. they are small one is above a door, I think another is above you. Thing is the Heroics are not just tuned power wise for 4 level 53 - 55 players, you need to hit stuff simultaneously with the other players, meaning you might want to start finding three other people that still need to finish this quest line. Honestly I think it's time for the Devs to consider making this and the seeker quests soloable.
0))))))))))O))){))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
We may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Proud to be a Founder and Subscriber from Launch

Krelbec
09.12.2017 , 09:52 PM | #15
Stand on one of the two blue circles and the electrostatic discharge will take them out. I'm lvl70 and my companion died then I tried standing on them and it worked...

merovejec
09.12.2017 , 11:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Krelbec View Post
Stand on one of the two blue circles and the electrostatic discharge will take them out. I'm lvl70 and my companion died then I tried standing on them and it worked...
Im sure they will appreciate a hint after 2 years
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

SenshiBat
10.03.2017 , 02:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Doqtyr View Post
Please excuse me but it's been a while, I don't know why I am still subscribed to this tread. I think you are talking about an area where there is a long hallway with little rooms. there are 4 places that have to be shot, stabbed, force pushed. they are small one is above a door, I think another is above you. Thing is the Heroics are not just tuned power wise for 4 level 53 - 55 players, you need to hit stuff simultaneously with the other players, meaning you might want to start finding three other people that still need to finish this quest line. Honestly I think it's time for the Devs to consider making this and the seeker quests soloable.
yes you can go to the end solo but its very hard to find groups for the Seed or Micro end this should be a Group finder heroic to help players f-2-p or sub finish and enjoy these things that took the team awhile to make for us. right now they are both frustrating and needlessly painful for players finding a wall blocking progress.. needless respawns hurt community fun. further more the mechanic of frogger is bad for people w slow or lag.. connections. less then ideal or perfect connections the dev tm is let down by QA that is not SW TOR people here big time. when you have nice thoughtful CSR they just send you here to find real answers and thus long waits for replies are common.

RazzellDazzell
10.11.2017 , 07:07 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Krelbec View Post
Are you saying it can be soloed this way?

Halderic
10.19.2017 , 02:12 AM | #19
Welcome to the club.

If I had known this mission chain would end up needing a group to complete I never would have started it.

I play on Jedi Covenant, mostly late at night, and it's a freaking graveyard there.

I fought a champion for hours and could never beat it. (eventually he would bomb blast my companion off the barge effectively ending the battle)

BEYOND frustrated.

merovejec
10.19.2017 , 03:17 AM | #20
OMG I think ill start offering help to people with this, just so that people stop complaining about it needing a group
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040