Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning player, question about SGR.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Returning player, question about SGR.

Kaelysto
09.17.2013 , 09:18 PM | #1
I started the game February of 2012, played for a bit, but became engrossed in grad school and too busy to play.

Stumbled upon some stuff about SGR (same-gender romance) being added with the Hutt Cartel DLC when I was reading up on some Mass Effect 3 stuff (I've played pretty much every Bioware game going back to Neverwinter). This piqued my interested as a gaymer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much specifics on it, mainly just articles writing about the ****-storm created by the inclusion from both sides (complaints about "pandering" to us gay folk and then us gay folk complaining about a gay ghetto behind a pay-wall). I can't find specifics of what is actually included. What I really want to know, is if we now have a same-gender romanceable companion. Documentation seems to be sparse-to-nonexistant, so I figured I'd try here.

Thanks in advance for any input!

cabled
09.17.2013 , 09:49 PM | #2
original class storylines were not changed. it was only for the new content (makeb forward). so no real impact on game in that sense.
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Bstr
09.18.2013 , 06:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaelysto View Post
I started the game February of 2012, played for a bit, but became engrossed in grad school and too busy to play.

Stumbled upon some stuff about SGR (same-gender romance) being added with the Hutt Cartel DLC when I was reading up on some Mass Effect 3 stuff (I've played pretty much every Bioware game going back to Neverwinter). This piqued my interested as a gaymer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much specifics on it, mainly just articles writing about the ****-storm created by the inclusion from both sides (complaints about "pandering" to us gay folk and then us gay folk complaining about a gay ghetto behind a pay-wall). I can't find specifics of what is actually included. What I really want to know, is if we now have a same-gender romanceable companion. Documentation seems to be sparse-to-nonexistant, so I figured I'd try here.

Thanks in advance for any input!
None of the companion characters are gay or bi-sexual. None of the characters that were around before 2.0 are gay or bi-sexual.

The only gay/bi-sexual characters in the game currently are two NPCs on Makeb (one for each faction) and a few of the Underworld Informants that are part of the monthly Bounty Brokers Association (Bounty Hunter) event. These characters are easy to spot, since they will have a "[Flirt]" option for the same species. (Also, I would believe they are easier to code and do voice overs for than straight characters, since the conversation is the same no matter what the player's gender is.)
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

Kaelysto
09.18.2013 , 10:01 AM | #4
Well that's disappointing and unfortunate. Even worse, after some more digging I found that the M-M romance option is on the Empire side. My character is Republic, so I wont even get to experience it.

Oh well. I'll play this month I've already played for and see how I like things. Up in the air whether or not I'll stay subscribed.

Adric_the_Red
09.18.2013 , 10:15 AM | #5
FWIW, there were [Flirt] options in some of the cutscenes for the Bounty Hunter event, if you got the right "informant" during the Henchman bounties. As I recall there was one male and one female informant with that option (and one or two of each without it). Not much going on, though, just a little "come here let me whisper in your ear" bit. But it was there regardless of whether you were playing a male or female character.

Slightrider
09.19.2013 , 10:51 AM | #6
For the informants, you can hit <esc> during each convo and "cycle" through to get the different characters. If you want to get the "flirt" -able one each time.
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI