Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch has bugged space missions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RattyRattail
09.19.2013 , 10:34 PM | #21
Same issue with New Kov Icefield. All Grade 7 ship parts, but it feels like my damage has been significantly reduced. I watched a video of someone going through it from an earlier patch with the same gear, and they were destroying things at a much faster rate than I can. Currently cannot kill the satellite hardpoint because I can't 1) do enough damage, or 2) it's invincible.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán (Sniper), Cáde (Gunslinger), Nermall (Assassin), Dhiya (Shadow)

RevansSoul
09.20.2013 , 01:58 AM | #22
Same problem here, had to abandon Ardis Outpost Forticiation and New Cove Icefield after the patch. It feels like my lasers hardly do any damage on the target, I can't take the hardpoint down in icefield and the bombers and the sith ships take far less damage in Ardis outpost. Again the grade 7 ship parts have been affected by a bug, maybe the same one has been re-introduced because it's exactly the same as it was back then.

Talgromar
09.20.2013 , 06:39 AM | #23
Looks like the this morning's patch did not address the power converter issue. Not that they said it would, but a kid-trapped-in-an-adult's-body can dream... Guess I'll just park that starship in the hangar again... sigh...

DAMossimo
09.20.2013 , 06:58 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
FYI I was also having a ton of trouble today with New Kovor Ice Field with the same complaints as many others feeling like my blaster firepower was significantly reduced. Remembering back to a time when the level 7 beam generator was bugged, I tried to swap out the old one I had held on to (the 10 shots/sec at 100 dmg/bolt) and tried it again and blew through it with ease.

Previously I had the exact same problem as it seemed like the satellite hardpoint was invincible, however once I swapped to the older beam generator I cleared the mission and all the bonus missions on the first try. For whatever reason, it seems like the beam generator is bugged again. FWIW I made zero other changes, I only changed the beam generator and instantly was able to see a HUGE increase in firepower.

Try it out and report back here since Bioware apparently doesn't test this stuff out very effectively on their own.
Thanks Shenlon,

You've isolated the problem to the beam generator. I couldn't get my hands on a grade 6 one - schematic or built, but using a lowly grade 5 generator made it just possible to complete the missions (with a few failures). This is absolutely the problem.

This is the same exact problem from before isn't it?

There's the problem BW - the community has done the leg work for you. Now fix it again please.

And please don't put it off until the next major patch like you did last time leaving it broken for weeks.

Ahkreeah
09.20.2013 , 07:13 AM | #25
I noticed that Duma Strike and Cha Raaba are subtly different also. Asteroids have been moved a few metres or so, making you hit them from angles where you normally could avoid them. I fly space missions nearly daily and mostly blind, it doesn't take long to feel that something is strange and off.

On the positive side, space finally got hardcore. Nobody will ever mock little Anakin's flying skills again. He got through with his barrel rolls where I didn't!

Eillack
09.20.2013 , 07:15 AM | #26
This is why I haven't touched space missions since early access.

Shenlon
09.20.2013 , 09:13 AM | #27
It's really not that big a deal, but it is extremely annoying. For everyone with all grade 7 parts, find a grade 6 beam generator and put it in until the devs have time to figure out how it was broken again. Safe flying.

DAMossimo
09.20.2013 , 02:13 PM | #28
So we gonna see some acknowledgement here or what?

What else do you need from us to point you in the right direction towards fixing this thing?

Darth_ValFera
09.20.2013 , 04:18 PM | #29
What I want is all the comms, rep tokens and money I have been missing out on since we can't complete the missions. I do these missions on 6 characters daily and can't do them since Tuesday. They broke them so give us what I would have been getting if you tested you patches better.

Pilgrim_Grey
09.20.2013 , 06:31 PM | #30
I see recognition of the power converter problem, but not the health bar disappearing on certain hard targets. Like the shield generators on destroyers or strong fighters (pretty sure these used to have health bars as well). Those health bars would be really helpful to have back.