Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chief Zokar and his RED RINGS OF TERROR!!!

GalaxyStrong
09.16.2013 , 06:17 PM | #1
I have to admit this is just frustrating.

You know what I'm talking about.

Chief Zokar drop below 30-35% hp's and he just goes Ape-**** and starts launching his RED RINGS OF TERROR. You literally have tenth's of a second to get out of the RED RING or your screwed and he one shots you. The only Boss I can even think of who has an attack that goes off that fast is Dr. Lorick but, it wasn't a ONE SHOTTER!!!

I enjoy a good challenge but I feel like my brain can't get the message to my hand fast enough hand in order to get my sorry butt out of the way.

I need some Advice, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

EDIT : Talking About HardMode
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Qvasar
09.16.2013 , 06:20 PM | #2
I have never experienced this. Zokar's weapons level increases as the fight progresses (a sort of soft enrage mechanic). So if you a reaching a point where he is that powerful it's because the DPS are awful.

Nevertheless it's not a one-shot mechanic (killed by 0 damage). It can deal a great amount of damage but it's healable.

Banegio
09.16.2013 , 06:35 PM | #3
It cycles through a set pattern of his abilities.

In addition to the red circle, the other notable abilities are the frontal knock back and the stun circle, both target the tank.

So if you have lag, dps/heal/cast when he does those two abilities at the tank. And start running during other time.

Synavix
09.16.2013 , 08:04 PM | #4
There should be no point where his "soft enrage" mechanic becomes unhealable. He has an actual hard enrage (which I've sadly seen, due to DPS dying to this red circle mechanic) though, which is pretty rough.

Someone should only be dying to the red circle if they're very slow at moving, not using a defensive cooldown and undergeared. It is a very rough mechanic that leaves very little time to move, but it is possible to avoid it completely. It should also only hit for about 25-28k ( I believe, I haven't actually checked a combat log on this), so even if you have less total HP than that, *any* defensive cooldown will help you live through it, even something as small as shield probe. Ideally though, you shouldn't be getting hit. If you are, practice moving faster. Worst case scenario, practice moving slightly in between each attack to get used to it. The DPS check is only difficult if people die.

metalfenix
09.16.2013 , 08:36 PM | #5
Chief Zokar is my nightmare as a commando healer. Every time I get to him, I have 2 or 3 wipes...and I find myself going nuts on the red ring phase, most of my heals require cast time, and he don't give me enough time to even cast two medical probes or advanced medical probes. even throwing kolto bombs is difficult with everyone running and not staying in the same place. I bet this boss would be easier as an scoundrel/operative

As a commando (or merc) healer, how do you approach this phase?
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

Never_Hesitate
09.17.2013 , 01:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Synavix View Post
Someone should only be dying to the red circle if they're very slow at moving, not using a defensive cooldown and undergeared. It is a very rough mechanic that leaves very little time to move, but it is possible to avoid it completely.
Sometimes I walk out of the red circle (10-15m) just to die from his attack anyway.
Latency plays a huge part in this fight and that's what makes him frustrating to me.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Foyle
09.17.2013 , 01:59 AM | #7
His last phase is very easy if you can avoid rockets. His shoulder launcher cast is very long, and he's not dealing any other damage in that time. As commando healer, I usually have time and energy to use on damaging Zokar, since there's little healing to be done.

If someone eats a rocket, it might take a while to heal him back to full, and you have to avoid rockets yourself - best time to use probes is just after a rocket. You should have time for Advanced Probe -> discounted Probe -> regular Probe. If someone eats two rockets in a row, or doesn't make an effort to dodge the first one - don't even bother healing him, just start DPSing in his stead.

For tanks this fight is very easy - you just have to learn how to take advantage of your range. Instead of standing inside Zokar, stand 2-3 meters away from him - this is still in melee range, but if you get targeted by Cryo Grenade, you can walk straight through Zokar and leave the cryo nade completely away from him. This practice is also extremely useful when fighting spider droids in Core Meltdown. Tanking at your arm's length helps scoundrels and shadows deal good damage while noone stands in EMP blasts.

lalolale
09.22.2013 , 10:47 PM | #8
I have a merc and commando healers. And yes, it is very frustrating.
I have seen my character run out of the red circle only to be hit regardless. Then somewhat healed myself and unbelievably been targeted again and one shotted while being out of the circle.
Its the only 55HM FP I have problems with.
It's not enjoyable having to queue in GF and when getting that FP having to drop because of that boss.
I want to believe that it's a glitch and that the boss's mechanics are not working properly.
And I want to believe that it will be fixed very soon..... because it's not an OPS, its a damn 55HM FP!!
Otherwise what's the point in playing and enjoying Swtor if something frustrates me????

FlyinSpaghetti
09.22.2013 , 11:21 PM | #9
I don't like to gloat but it's not hard, common mistake I see is people just standing still and casting trying to get off that last big heal or ranged attack. It gives you plenty of time to get out of it just stop any casts and move as soon as you see red.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

AshlaBoga
09.22.2013 , 11:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Sometimes I walk out of the red circle (10-15m) just to die from his attack anyway.
Latency plays a huge part in this fight and that's what makes him frustrating to me.
It's interesting to note that the rubber banding I've had in this fight never occurs at <94 ms latency , only at +114 ms latencecy.
I guess that 20 ms does make a difference.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption