Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upgrading my Standard Edition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Upgrading my Standard Edition

DItheron
12.13.2011 , 02:03 PM | #1
I pre-ordered the Standard Edition on September 1st, and ever since then I've been kicking myself for not choosing the Deluxe Edition. A few minutes ago, however I see the new post "Early Access has begun."

In this post, there is a little article or whatever saying this:

We are also offering a Digital Upgrade Pack for individuals who purchased and redeemed a Product Registration Code for the Standard Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, but want to have access to the following in-game items:

Flare Gun
Training Droid
HoloDancer
HoloCam
STAP In-Game Vehicle

I want this stuff, but I do NOT want my pre-order code that I redeemed back in September to change when I redeemed the code.

So my question is this: Will buying this upgrade for my game change when I gain access to the Early Game Access

Thanks in advance.

DItheron
12.13.2011 , 02:15 PM | #2
bump, need help please

Ahkronn
12.13.2011 , 02:18 PM | #3
Don't worry, your items will be there as soon as you get and redeem the product code.

EGA code is not linked to the product version you got.

vacilios
12.13.2011 , 02:19 PM | #4
that i would like to know as well!

also, is the price just adding to get teh extra bonuses? or is just full price again from scratch?

(sorry for bad english, i dont care anyway bout those kingdom junkies lang, just respect for all the other american south europe players)

Azraael
12.13.2011 , 02:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DItheron View Post
I pre-ordered the Standard Edition on September 1st, and ever since then I've been kicking myself for not choosing the Deluxe Edition. A few minutes ago, however I see the new post "Early Access has begun."

In this post, there is a little article or whatever saying this:

We are also offering a Digital Upgrade Pack for individuals who purchased and redeemed a Product Registration Code for the Standard Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, but want to have access to the following in-game items:

Flare Gun
Training Droid
HoloDancer
HoloCam
STAP In-Game Vehicle

I want this stuff, but I do NOT want my pre-order code that I redeemed back in September to change when I redeemed the code.

So my question is this: Will buying this upgrade for my game change when I gain access to the Early Game Access

Thanks in advance.
I did the same exact thing...

DItheron
12.13.2011 , 02:24 PM | #6
So if I upgrade it right now, the code that I redeem for my account(for the Deluxe version) wont change when I gain access to the early game access?

Xarria
12.13.2011 , 02:33 PM | #7
So if I upgrade it right now, the code that I redeem for my account(for the Deluxe version) wont change when I gain access to the early game access?
Since you have to cancel your original order to upgrade to a different version, I asked this same question to SWTOR support and this is the response they gave me:

Quote:
Entering your pre-order code is what secures your place in line for up to 7 days of Early Game Access, and the sooner you enter your code into our system the higher the priority you will have in the queue. For inquiries about what could happen with your code if you cancel your current order with Origin, it is best that you contact them directly at http://help.origin.com
Origin support seems to give opposite answers depending on who you talk to. Some people have reported having their pre-order code removed after cancelling an Origin order, and others have said their pre-order was still listed after canceling with Origin.

Does anyone know if they can take away early access if you cancel an Origin pre-order once you're already in?

DItheron
12.13.2011 , 02:38 PM | #8
Well the offer I saw in the article they released said that you could Upgrade your account for $19.99 to the deluxe version if you already had the standard. So I wouldn't have to cancel my pre order would I?

Xarria
12.13.2011 , 02:43 PM | #9
Well the offer I saw in the article they released said that you could Upgrade your account for $19.99 to the deluxe version if you already had the standard. So I wouldn't have to cancel my pre order would I?
I haven't seen that article, but if just upgrading is an option, you will probably be fine.

I was trying to upgrade to the collector's edition that I pre-orderd from another retailer, so I do have to cancel the Origin order to avoid buying the game multiple times.

DItheron
12.13.2011 , 02:45 PM | #10
I just attempted to upgrade it, and apparently you can't do that without actually getting the email that gives you access to the EGA first.

This is what it says:

You must redeem a Product Registration Code for The Old Republic Standard Edition (Digital or Physical) before you can purchase of the Digital Upgrade Pack.

So I guess that answers my question, sorry for wasting everyone's time.