Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Czerka Hard Modes far harder than other hard modes, need sepearated in group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Czerka Hard Modes far harder than other hard modes, need sepearated in group finder

Jonelet
09.16.2013 , 01:05 AM | #11
I do not feel they are more difficult than the rest. I guess its more about how many times you run them. For example the last bosses in Cademimu and Hammer require more focus than the last bosses in Czerka FPs but we have done them so many times (in SM and HM) that you know the fights inside out. And has been pointed out they can´t be compared to HM LI that had an own tier back in the days.

NerdTech
09.16.2013 , 02:40 AM | #12
Labs is fine and maybe a tad more difficult than the other HM's imo, Meltdown is probably the hardest of them all.

Vigilant is easy once you got the tactics down so that shouldn't be any problem. The only two you might struggle on is the sand boss (enhanced duneclaw) and the mushroom boss (Enhanced Vrblther).

I'll break down the tactics on both:

Enhanced Duneclaw

1. Keep him tanked in the MIDDLE and keep all ranged spread out.
2. Once the message comes up Sandstorm Simulation Activated comes up on screen look for a green barrel/generator and make your way to it as quickly as possible, make sure he's right on top of it.
3. The ranged dps and healer should follow you but keep at max range and spread out, this is because the rampage he does will stack damage if you're all bunched up together.
4. Once he starts rampage the barrel will break and he will stop. Once this happens drag him back to the middle again for the next barrel. It's then a simple rinse and repeat.

You'll find that there is a lot of group-wide damage up front when he does his rampage but once it's over the damage isn't much and gives your healer plenty of time to heal up the group once you've dragged him back to the middle again, he can pop his AoE healing spell during this time. The key is making sure you get to the green barrel as quickly as possible to minimize that damage.

Enhanced Vrblther

1. You will see spores around each corner of the room. You need to drag him around to these spores and click on them when he's on top of them. This weakens him so you can damage him.
2. Add's will appear, it's essential DPS take them down ASAP, they don't have much health but hit like a truck.

This fight is very simple and is like the rakghoul boss in Kaon Under Siege. He has a massive knockback so instead of running to the spores you might be better to have your back to one of them in the same direction but far away. This way he will knock you into one of them rather than past them which you don't really want. The DPS need to take care of the adds asap, they don't have much health but they hit really hard. So I suggest knocking them back, AoE damage etc...

You'll find that although this HM is harder than most, once you have the tactics down like all HM's they become easy.

Qvasar
09.16.2013 , 03:43 AM | #13
Please search the forums before re-posting an issue that has already been discussed in an 18-pages thread.

New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

I will summarize the community feedback for you:
  • CZ-198 flashpoints do NOT need a nerf, in fact they are as easy as all others.
  • CZ-198 flashpoints do NOT need a separate category (and if you don't want to do them just tick them off).
  • You need to start learning how to deal with mechanics - tanking is not just taunting, healing is not just hitting the green buttons, and damage dealing is not just spamming your auto-attack.

AlrikFassbauer
09.16.2013 , 08:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
  • CZ-198 flashpoints do NOT need a nerf, in fact they are as easy as all others.
  • CZ-198 flashpoints do NOT need a separate category (and if you don't want to do them just tick them off).
  • You need to start learning how to deal with mechanics - tanking is not just taunting, healing is not just hitting the green buttons, and damage dealing is not just spamming your auto-attack.
You could have shortened your reply to the typical "you are bad" which I often read (mostly in the PvP sub-forum, though).
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

SuspectDown
09.16.2013 , 10:06 AM | #15
I think it's just about mechanics. If you don't know the 2-3 specific things you need to know each fight, then you are doomed, especially on the sandstorm boss. I'm a 3,200 willpower healer (not saying my actual skill is good, just saying I'm not in greens) and I've had groups where everyone is 2700+ main stat and we wipe constantly or I get blamed because they keep standing in circles and I've had groups where DPS is hovering around 2K main stat and we absolutely destroy the FP.

It's all about everyone knowing their role in that particular FP.

Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
You've had bad luck with healers then.

The other day I joined an in progress czerka meltdown run, just to see the last bits of healer-tank discussion. There was a wipe, healer got blamed, healer left.
Few minutes later another healer joins. As sooon as he enters the fp, I get a whisper from the tank "for ****** sake, healer with ***** gear" Yeah, guy definetly was not in Kell Dragon. I checked, and it was mostly Rakata stuff , including weapons, plus a couple of 66s blues from Makeb drops. That was it.
The most memorable thing for me from that fp, was the tank's whisper. Nothing else. We went there and killed the bosses. Nothing else happened.

anwg
09.16.2013 , 11:05 AM | #16
If you don't want to do them just uncheck them from the list when you queue.

SuspectDown
09.16.2013 , 11:12 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
If you don't want to do them just uncheck them from the list when you queue.
I think people are upset because that bars you from the daily comms, and also if you leave locks you out of the Q for 15 minutes or whatever it is.

Either way, it's just about mechanics.

NoFishing
09.16.2013 , 11:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Fentcer View Post
I'm tired of this, I need my 3 weekly hard modes for Ultimate comms, but due to those 2 missions, I'm not getting them every week. Hey dev's, you made those missions too hard. Fix it, or seperate them from the other 55 hard modes in the group finder, because most people can't hand them.
First, you can filter what FPs you queue for in GF, and turn those off if you don't want to do them. Sure you won't get the elite comms from the GF daily, but it still counts for your weekly ultimate comms mission.

Second, these are not that hard. Sure the jungle boss is annoying with all his knockbacks, and you need to AoE taunt the adds if they don't die quickly, but at least I'm not falling asleep when i tank this like I do on most of the other HM FP bosses. And the desert boss mostly requires moving quickly and using your mobility skills.

DarthObelisk
09.16.2013 , 11:26 AM | #19
To the original poster
you need to learn the fights just a little bit better. Also you probably are getting stuck with bad groups. For that i can understand but and but if you're in a guild and your group is all on vent, teamspeak, mumble or whatever you use then it shouldn't be that big or a problem at all.
I can easily tank this hm's on my Shadow tank which isn't the best class for tanking right now thank you BW
It just comes down to communication.
If you have a good group meaning a healer that know's what to do for the fights and dps that know they are not the tanks they you shouldn't have a problem at all
Jedi Sentinel 55 Jedi Consular 55 Jedi Shadow 55
Imperial Agent 55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer 55
Sith Warrior 50
Mercenary 55

ScarletBlaze
09.16.2013 , 11:49 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
Please search the forums before re-posting an issue that has already been discussed in an 18-pages thread.

New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

Huh? I have not read in this thread that any one actually asked for a nerf at atll. The only thing I have read is someone would like these to have these on their own. No one has asked for a nerf from what I read in this forum.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30