Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about BioChem

JohnTGalt
12.21.2011 , 04:31 PM | #1
I went with BioChem, BioAnalysis, Diplomacy, as these 3 are supposed to work together.

However, I'm having significant issues with BioChem. I need a category 2 medical supply (Molecular Programmer), but I can't seem to find any. The only way I've seen to get them is by doing LightSide (LS) Diplomacy quests, which, as a DarkSide (DS) sith I have been avoiding like the plague.

Where oh where do DS sith get these components? I don't want any LS points. Is my only option to suck it up and take the LS points from completing the LS Diplomacy missions to get the medical supplies? Or, am I stuck going to the AH and paying the high prices people are charging?

Or - am I missing something?
Live to Hate... Hate to Live...

RacePace
12.21.2011 , 04:39 PM | #2
There is a DS Diplomacy mission for those, it could've just been on cooldown

JohnTGalt
12.21.2011 , 05:04 PM | #3
What's the cooldown? I did 22 of the DS tier 2 missions and didn't get a single medical supply mission.

Servaniss
12.21.2011 , 05:27 PM | #4
If you're absolutely opposed to doing any missions for light side, then you basically have to just continue milling through the missions till some dark side medical supplies missions come up.

Personally, while I would avoid doing dark side missions when possible, I still ended up with a total net gain of light side points over time, simply by prioritizing the alignment I wanted, and just accepting the short-term loss from taking the opposing alignment missions.

(Semi-related note, once you hit 10,000 light side or dark side points, further light/dark points "above" 10k appear to drain the opposite alignment points from your totals, rather than raising your light or dark side points above the 10k cap.)

JohnTGalt
12.21.2011 , 06:18 PM | #5
Interesting - thanks for the advice.

I will have to try that... once I hit DS 5.