Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Record of the Dread Masters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Record of the Dread Masters
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kesphin
09.14.2013 , 03:15 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by NickM View Post
I saw the Tweet about this and thought "Holy crap! They are bringing back the voiced journals of Gnost Dural!"

And then I saw that it was text. I was a bit disappointed. Still a cool write-up of the Dread Master storyline, however.
Voiced journals can't be sold on the cartel market. Oh wait...

TheNahash
09.14.2013 , 04:32 AM | #32
Great article.
The Dread Masters (along with Soa) have been my favorite villains in the game since I first heard them say ""None can contain us. Not this prison, not the Republic and certainly not these creatures", back on Belsavis with my first character. I'm actually kinda sad their storyline is ending. But at least they're going out with a bang and after a long storyline.
Unlike poor Soa

I'd also like to mention that BodyThetanMan did a great summary of what we know so far about the Dread Masters on the Story and Lore subforum back in July. I don't know the guy but I think he did a great job and I loved reading up on the details that I had missed.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Pathlight-
09.14.2013 , 06:52 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Pleasplease, more Holonet Archive updates!

Gnost-Dural's voice-actor, his way of saying "I will elaborate [...] in my next report." was so wonderfully evocative, always made me --I'm not the only one, I'm sure-- want more. (And the closing down of the HA commensurately disappointing).
I don't think this will happen. Lance Henrikksen ain't free.

RiVaN_
09.14.2013 , 08:16 AM | #34
I'm really Diggin' this post!
This is what most of us are playing this game for; intriguing story's. That is what Star Wars is a story that told us SO much yet left just enough to our imagination that we have been wanting more for decades!
I really, really dig this post man!

Beniboybling
09.14.2013 , 02:25 PM | #35
A holovid would have been nice, but this is nonetheless a great article.

More please!

JediArchives
09.14.2013 , 06:24 PM | #36
Foolish of me to think this was going to be similar to the timeline videos...
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
- T Paine

Aries_cz
09.15.2013 , 01:42 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
(I can elaborate on my theories in a future report, if requested.)

ELABORATE!
EX-TER-MI-NA-TE!!
Sorry, could not resist

Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Message intercepted by my agent in the Jedi Order, codename "Hummer."
Awesome response.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

AshlaBoga
09.15.2013 , 04:45 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
EX-TER-MI-NA-TE!!
Sorry, could not resist

Awesome response.

I thought the same thing when I read that post too.

And yeah, I like long heavily DS responses. Nox shall devour your so- *cough* Thank your for the compliment.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

irgendwas
09.16.2013 , 02:05 AM | #39
I like the article but i think it is bad to kill the only real enemy left ... ok not enemy i mean strong enemy with "face" ... swtor have the problem that there isnt a strong antagonist who makes the story personal and when we have something like this they are killed we need a big bad guy like Malgus but not so agressiv in the thinks he does and not so extrem present like the dread guys ... more a dark prensens behind everything and from time to time a look at him like securitycams seen someone in different locations where something went wrong ...

AshlaBoga
09.16.2013 , 08:14 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by irgendwas View Post
I like the article but i think it is bad to kill the only real enemy left ... ok not enemy i mean strong enemy with "face" ... swtor have the problem that there isnt a strong antagonist who makes the story personal and when we have something like this they are killed we need a big bad guy like Malgus but not so agressiv in the thinks he does and not so extrem present like the dread guys ... more a dark prensens behind everything and from time to time a look at him like securitycams seen someone in different locations where something went wrong ...
Ja, all that's left is the Emperor (he's crippled not dead), Satele, and Revan.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!