Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Record of the Dread Masters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Record of the Dread Masters
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterSLC
09.13.2013 , 02:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Once we kill them off in the new ops hopefully the story team can get back to the galactic civil war that started in Chapter 2 almost 2 years ago and seems almost forgotten.
Yes, and maybe even finally tie in some open world PvP with it

Aries_cz
09.13.2013 , 02:54 PM | #12
An amazingly written article. But, as was stated, shame there was not enough will/time/money/graphics/whatever to make it in the form the the awesome Timeline videos. Those were my favorite prior to launch (although they were often a nightmare to translate for my website).

Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I am so happy that 2.4 will be the end of the dread masters.

It is quickly looking like every new piece of content is tied to them in some way or other. Why couldn't the hutt cartel have just been greedy opportunistic bastards rather than linked to the dread masters. I'm amazed that they weren't some how behind bounty contact week and CZ-198 as well.

Once we kill them off in the new ops hopefully the story team can get back to the galactic civil war that started in Chapter 2 almost 2 years ago and seems almost forgotten.
Well, the War was debated in Makeb storyline. Empire was in pretty bad shape (mainly because Sith are bunch of self-centered morons, while the Republic stands united), and its future remains uncertain even after the questionable success of their involvement in the events that transpired there.
Dread Master were not directly involved in Makeb storyline. They merely expanded into Hutt territory, which forced Karragga to assault other planets, which ended in his premature death. And that death opened the way for that crazy Hutt Toborro, who invaded Makeb.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Eillack
09.13.2013 , 02:58 PM | #13
Remember when we were supposed to get all the journal entries before the game came out...

AlixMV
09.13.2013 , 03:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Well, the War was debated in Makeb storyline. Empire was in pretty bad shape (mainly because Sith are bunch of self-centered morons, while the Republic stands united), and its future remains uncertain even after the questionable success of their involvement in the events that transpired there.

Dread Master were not directly involved in Makeb storyline. They merely expanded into Hutt territory, which forced Karragga to assault other planets, which ended in his premature death. And that death opened the way for that crazy Hutt Toborro, who invaded Makeb.
My, what a Republic-centric take on Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The Republic may 'stand united' from one perspective, but it's pretty clear

Spoiler

I wouldn't call the conclusion of the Imperial storyline on Makeb 'questionable' at all, and your assessment also ignores the fact that Toborro was just one of many Hutts involved with the plans on Makeb, which included another Hutt determined to resurrect a long-lost Hutt title to name himself supreme ruler over his people.

The Dread Masters may not have been directly involved, but they clearly upset the "world order" and set off a chain of events that go beyond the simple dichotomy of Republic and Empire and into major upheaval on both sides of the aisle.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Anysao
09.13.2013 , 03:48 PM | #15
I can not wait for these operations. The planet is a great bonus too! I checked out fortress on the PTS... Dang, the Dread Masters really have... Bolstered their defensives since our little run-in at the Belsavis prison.
I'm so excited to take them down, I've been using "The indomitable" title on my guardian 24/7.
And for all you non-saber-slashers, who fear the fear of the Dread Masters...
Spoiler
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

ekimmak
09.13.2013 , 03:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
My, what a Republic-centric take on Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The Republic may 'stand united' from one perspective, but it's pretty clear

Spoiler
I never thought I'd hate someone supporting a lightside choice (that isn't being killed in the darkside, I mean) that I could actively dislike for it, and yet that Chancellor proved me wrong. From when I first set foot on Taris republic side, I disliked her patriotic arrogance, and her behaviour at the end of her quest does not lessen that by any degree.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

dipstik
09.13.2013 , 03:57 PM | #17
(I can elaborate on my theories in a future report, if requested.)

ELABORATE!

discbox
09.13.2013 , 04:35 PM | #18
Wearing funny hats...

KurganNazzir
09.13.2013 , 04:37 PM | #19
I am pleased to see this. Having not done OPs, I was completely lost on their story after rescuing them and it would nag at me every so often because I wanted to know. I mean, that's one thing this game was really good at, story, and that's a huge reason I even play it.

Exwah
09.13.2013 , 05:18 PM | #20
Excellent, I look forward to more of these updates about current events in game and backstory lore.