Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy @NIM for Tanks

Panzerfire
09.13.2013 , 06:10 AM | #11
DPS is a concern for the entire raid in NiM operations, juggs do have the lowest here since I can get 1100-1200 on my assassin but that's because wither/discharge hit 3 targets most of the time. The fight can be basically healed by 1 healer while the other does dps and only heals when needed or when someone made a mistake or shield gen went up too slow etc...

sergos
09.13.2013 , 06:10 AM | #12
First of all thank at all for that realy good hints and torparse links.

What i figured out ist that i can put one point in precision in the skill tree. The other point is that i have to change my rotation and use more often slash instead of force sweep, because it deals the same dmg but have lower energy costs and have no cd. Third thing is that i can use ap proc relic instead of using a defensive relic. At the last point i am not sure if i realy should do that.
T3-M4
Xerhion
Viise

HBCentaurion
09.13.2013 , 06:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by sergos View Post
1) I am playing an Guardian and i have avarage ~730 DPS throught the fight. Is that enought?
730 DPS sounds low. If you are in full 72s, you should do more than that. As an example I'm a jugg tank doing NiM content and I usually average between 900-1200 dps during boss fights. This is in full tanking gear (ie endurance crystal, guardian hilt / armoring etc). How much DPS I put out relates to if there are boss switches / how long I get to stay on the boss, as rage becomes and issue when I'm not tanking the boss.

2) Should i exchange some of my deffstats to offensive stats like power or ap?
Definitively no. You are a tank, and you should gear as a tank. If DPS is the issue, then your damage dealers should take a look at their rotation and set up, not you. Btw, what is their DPS? A lot of the fights in NiM have DPS checks.

3) Or shoud i go for accuracy?
Again no. Taunts always hits, and so does your aggro-building attacks, ie. Smash / Chrushing Blow / Retaliation / Ravage / Backhand.

sergos
09.13.2013 , 06:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
730 DPS sounds low. If you are in full 72s, you should do more than that. As an example I'm a jugg tank doing NiM content and I usually average between 900-1200 dps during boss fights. This is in full tanking gear (ie endurance crystal, guardian hilt / armoring etc). How much DPS I put out relates to if there are boss switches / how long I get to stay on the boss, as rage becomes and issue when I'm not tanking the boss.

Definitively no. You are a tank, and you should gear as a tank. If DPS is the issue, then your damage dealers should take a look at their rotation and set up, not you. Btw, what is their DPS? A lot of the fights in NiM have DPS checks.

Again no. Taunts always hits, and so does your aggro-building attacks, ie. Smash / Chrushing Blow / Retaliation / Ravage / Backhand.
I dont have any aggro issues. Dmg of our DDs is between 2,4k - 2,7k DPS.
Do u use dmg trinkets or ap relics? What is your apm? Can u send me a torparselink? Maybe you can send me a pm or post it here how you get that high dps. Some tipps on rotatioin or keybinds on mous and keyboard?
T3-M4
Xerhion
Viise

Panzerfire
09.13.2013 , 09:09 AM | #15
Do u use dmg trinkets or ap relics? What is your apm? Can u send me a torparselink? Maybe you can send me a pm or post it here how you get that high dps. Some tipps on rotatioin or keybinds on mous and keyboard?
I have a jugg alt and the rotation is basically using everything on cooldown and using your basic attack + the attack that costs 2 rage as often as possible. Try to use smash/force scream with 3 stacks to save rage for more dps. Apm isn't a great tool to compare. Dps per fight and the bonus damage from power/str is better.

Rahizm
09.13.2013 , 09:25 AM | #16
Actually, maybe it's best if we get to see a group torparse link from your group. If you stick to good positioning then you're rooting out every other problem except for low DPS issues.
Nae'palm - Gunnery Commando | Rh - Sentinel Deeps | Rev'movak - Shadow Tank | Sutchadik - Dirty Kicker
<Phobos> @ The Harbinger

Ceades_End_Game
09.13.2013 , 11:29 AM | #17
If you are having Dps issues, Solo tank it? We've Done it since day one. We don't even use the forth generator half of the time.

Also as a Sin/Jugg Tank who has cleared all current NiM Content and has titles, I would not what so ever budget accuracy into my gear. If your dps are having dps issues your issues is with your dps not the 100 or so dps more u could bring as a tank.
<Dictator ~ Raid Leader>
Mithril
Dragon Slayer ~ From Beyond ~ Eternal Warrior

KeyboardNinja
09.13.2013 , 11:42 AM | #18
Accuracy isn't going to help you very much with your DPS as a tank. It's a multiplicative stat, and since tank DPS is already quite low, the occasional miss doesn't actually have a very significant effect over time.

Your best bet is to push your damage dealers a bit more. My advice in no particular order:
  • Practice getting back from the Sandstorm as quickly as possible. There is no position which requires more than 40 seconds to return, and most require 30 seconds or less. All classes and specs are capable of this.
  • If you're using Snipers, make sure they're using Entrench during the channeled moments of their rotation whenever it's up.
  • Move quickly between shield points. Keep damage up as much as you can, but the priority is speed.
  • Only put a single DPS on Xuvva duty, and then only part-time. Especially if you have Flyby available to you, half of a DPS should be more than sufficient. Experiment with giving the Xuvvas less and less attention until they eat the shield. Spend as little time on them as possible. Ignore them for most of the 4th shield.
  • Have your healers DPS a little. Thanks to the SA double-proc bug, it will actually help their healing to DoT the boss periodically (unless they're a merc). A single shield is trivial to solo-heal. Have one of your healers DPS full-time in the fourth shield. I've actually healed this fight successfully with a sage who spent nearly *all* of her time DPSing. It's not that terrible if you have decent tanks, good positioning and proper Womp Rat management.

If all else fails, the solo tanking suggestion is a pretty good one.

The DPS check on this fight *is* fairly hard. My guild has some very high parsers in our DPS group (all except our Focus Sentinel are over 3k, and one is at 3.2k), and we still consistently come right down to the wire. We can kill him before the shield falls in the fourth position, but it's close. Our first few kills happened well after the shield fell, relying on unused personal shield orbs and gunslinger raid shields.

If you're consistently getting him to 5%, then you've seriously got the fight. Just sharpen up on a few things (especially the Sandstorm return and a bit of healer DPS) and you'll down him.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Selenial
09.13.2013 , 03:29 PM | #19
Your DPS are using Adrenals right?

Sounds simple, but you'd be surprised how many don't.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Xxthor
09.13.2013 , 04:13 PM | #20
In my opinion tanks need to do their job heals do theirs and dps do theirs...im not gonna drop a bunch of mitigation or endurance on my TANK to deal more damage. also healers can put AoEs down or dots but i wouldnt do much more...its your dps that need to work harder or get more gear. Only thing i do on dash'roode on my sin tank (when offtanking) put my dots on and use all my best damage abilitys until its my turn to taunt...wich im sure you are doing