Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bounty Event (new player help)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
The Bounty Event (new player help)

JudgaSma
09.12.2013 , 09:29 PM | #1
Hey everyone. I'm a relatively new player. My highest level is 26 but i still dont understand this game a whole lot. My hand gets held by my guild a lot. I want to get to the friend category with the Bounty Brokers Association, but I only have 3 "toons" that are high enough level to do the event (my 26, 15, and 15). I get a 50% boost to the reputation for being a subscriber and a 5-10% guild boost. Our guild has 200+ people so I thin the boost is relatively high. Will i make it to friend with the BBA by the end of the month? I think I have 6k weekly reputation left and I'm almost the "newcomer" rank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

NOTACTICS
09.13.2013 , 01:53 AM | #2
You may not have time to make it to Friend status with only three chars as the Bounty is a week long event so I think ends this Sunday. Remember you can only do one contract per char per day. You will certainly get to newcomer status and you can get a far amount of gear once you reach that stage anyway so would not worry too much about it. That is my target also aslong as I can get to newcomer I will be happy enough.

Bstr
09.13.2013 , 06:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NOTACTICS View Post
You may not have time to make it to Friend status with only three chars as the Bounty is a week long event so I think ends this Sunday. Remember you can only do one contract per char per day. You will certainly get to newcomer status and you can get a far amount of gear once you reach that stage anyway so would not worry too much about it. That is my target also aslong as I can get to newcomer I will be happy enough.
It ends on Monday night / Tuesday morning depending on time zone. I'm guessing you won't make Friend rank this month. I didn't last month and I have 3 lvl 50+ characters, but I made it this month. (I have a 4th character, but I'm not using her on the BH event because she is way overlvled.)

It will come around again next month. You can get Friend status then.

Besides the title "For Hire," Friend status doesn't have much going for it. Most of the items require "Newcomer" or "Hero" or above standing.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

JudgaSma
09.13.2013 , 06:48 AM | #4
I dont want titles i just want the hat lol. If i brought up a 4th toon would i make it then?

Bstr
09.13.2013 , 07:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JudgaSma View Post
I dont want titles i just want the hat lol. If i brought up a 4th toon would i make it then?
I forgot about the hat: its one of the few things the Friend rank has.

Did some calculations. If you currently have 6k reputation total and no complete bounty contracts, with three characters doing the maximum amount of bounty missions (1 henchman / character / day + 2 extra Kingpin missions,) you could get Friend rank in 3 days even if you were not in a guild. (16980 rep total) However, you would have to save your rep tokens on day 3 and a few on day 2 to use next week, because you would be over the cap for this week.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.

JudgaSma
09.13.2013 , 08:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
I forgot about the hat: its one of the few things the Friend rank has.

Did some calculations. If you currently have 6k reputation total and no complete bounty contracts, with three characters doing the maximum amount of bounty missions (1 henchman / character / day + 2 extra Kingpin missions,) you could get Friend rank in 3 days even if you were not in a guild. (16980 rep total) However, you would have to save your rep tokens on day 3 and a few on day 2 to use next week, because you would be over the cap for this week.
How do i start kingpins? And woohoo theres hope!! yea the hat is awesome and would look really cool on my bounty hunter. I have 6k rep left and im almost a newcomer so i maybe be able to make it idk.

Bstr
09.13.2013 , 08:29 AM | #7
How do i start kingpins? And woohoo theres hope!! yea the hat is awesome and would look really cool on my bounty hunter. I have 6k rep left and im almost a newcomer so i maybe be able to make it idk.
  1. Complete 5 henchmen bounties.
  2. Mail the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" to one character.
  3. Turn the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" into the man standing next to the bounty board and choose a Kingpin mission.
  4. Wait for your character to read the long document and sign.
  5. Pickup the Kingpin bounty from the board.

The second time you do this, on step 2, mail the "Completed Bounty Contracts" to a different character. On step 3, choose a different Kingpin mission. Note that the Kingpin mission are labeled as [GROUP] missions, but can be soloed if you play your class excellently and have good gear. (The Kingpin is a weaker Champion boss that calls in adds. Healer companion or you being a healer is almost required for the 3-5 minute fight with the Kingpin.) Also, Kingpin missions take longer, but they have a better storyline than the Henchmen missions.

Also, if you have 6k rep left, you should have about 6k rep now. If you have 6k rep now, you can make it if you do the maximum amount of quests.

JudgaSma
09.13.2013 , 10:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
  1. Complete 5 henchmen bounties.
  2. Mail the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" to one character.
  3. Turn the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" into the man standing next to the bounty board and choose a Kingpin mission.
  4. Wait for your character to read the long document and sign.
  5. Pickup the Kingpin bounty from the board.

The second time you do this, on step 2, mail the "Completed Bounty Contracts" to a different character. On step 3, choose a different Kingpin mission. Note that the Kingpin mission are labeled as [GROUP] missions, but can be soloed if you play your class excellently and have good gear. (The Kingpin is a weaker Champion boss that calls in adds. Healer companion or you being a healer is almost required for the 3-5 minute fight with the Kingpin.) Also, Kingpin missions take longer, but they have a better storyline than the Henchmen missions.

Also, if you have 6k rep left, you should have about 6k rep now. If you have 6k rep now, you can make it if you do the maximum amount of quests.
Ok im trying but i still have yet to become a newcomer. Once i hit the weekly reputation point what do i do? Or when should i stop using the reputation items?? Should i use a kingpin one right before i go over?

Bstr
09.13.2013 , 11:31 AM | #9
Ok im trying but i still have yet to become a newcomer. Once i hit the weekly reputation point what do i do? Or when should i stop using the reputation items?? Should i use a kingpin one right before i go over?
Start going on Kingpin missions as soon as you get 5 completed contracts.

Stop using reputation items if the item's rep gain would put you over the weekly limit. Then, save the rep items to use next week after the weekly limit is reset. (You can use the rep items after the event is done.)

If you've done one Henchmen mission per character per day and you have three characters and you only had 6k left to Newcomer when you started, you should be past Newcomer after the first day of doing bounties.

Adric_the_Red
09.13.2013 , 11:41 AM | #10
Hit Y to open your Legacy window, then click on Reputation. Mouse over the BBA "meter" at the top of the list to see your current points accumulated/needed for the next reputation level, plus your remaining "Weekly Reputation Available" (how many points left before you reach the weekly cap).

Pay attention to how many reputation points you get for each item (green, blue or purple), and how close you are to the weekly cap. Get as close as you can without going over, then use a "purple" rep item to get the most for the week. (if you have just one pont left before hitting the cap, and use an item that grants, say, 1000 reputation, you will get the full 1000 points, even though you will technically go 999 points over the cap). Then keep doing the bounty missions, and just save the rep items. When the weekly counter resets, repeat the process. If you are doing missions with a lot of characters, you could potentially save up enough rep items to max out your reputation gain for another week.

Note that you can still use the reputation items after the event ends for the current week. Then next month, you can do it all again for another week, including saving up extra reputation items to use in bewtween event weeks.