Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Join the Battle Now and Get Rewarded!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Join the Battle Now and Get Rewarded!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YeahrRght
09.27.2013 , 04:59 PM | #121
BW to the players:

~If you pre-odered you got 3 things nobody else in the game can get,

~If you sub up in the month prior to October 12 we'll give you 1000 CC for you're purchase of the RotTC,

~if you are in the group between those,SFTU

That's how I feel anyway.

The 500 CC for returning subs, active subs get that every month anyway.

ODTONE
09.28.2013 , 03:34 AM | #122
cool video but hey you forgot your dumb stun locks in ...

KennBot
09.29.2013 , 12:39 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by athynz View Post
Agreed! While the expansion is pretty cool selling it to us and then making it free for all and NOT granting the cartel coin bonus to ALL who purchased it is pretty much screwing over those of us who purchased it prior to August 11th. Yes IIRC those who preordered did get some credits as a preorder perk but the cartel coins should be another perk - an additional 1050 credits. Greedy you say? Not really, not when it's the subscribers and the ones who preorder that are supporting this game. I'm good with a F2P option, I'm good with the expansion being free as long as some love is being shown to those who subscribe. THAT should not be too much to ask.
By pre-ordering it, your $10 got you .. what ... half a year of playing it ahead of everyone waiting for it to go free? Wouldn't you pay $10 to play fresh content ahead of all your f2p friends? Well, I did. Even if they guaranteed every expansion would be free after six months, I would still be paying the $10 to play them six months ahead with everyone else. Now, if the expansions were $100 I might wait. If the "free" wait time was just a week, I'd wait. But it's just $10, and six months is a long time not enjoying something that's available.

I'm guessing there's a large number of f2p that just won't purchase the expansion, and EA/Bioware thinks this is the solution to them dropping out after they're bored at lvl 50. I am not a game designer / producer, so my opinion that it won't change anything might be completely wrong, and doesn't count. But I see no point complaining about your hurt feelings you didn't get the expansion for free, you get something extra when you bought it, either as a sub or f2p: Being able to play it sooner.

KB

AbsolutGrndZero
09.29.2013 , 06:48 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by KennBot View Post
By pre-ordering it, your $10 got you .. what ... half a year of playing it ahead of everyone waiting for it to go free? Wouldn't you pay $10 to play fresh content ahead of all your f2p friends? Well, I did. Even if they guaranteed every expansion would be free after six months, I would still be paying the $10 to play them six months ahead with everyone else. Now, if the expansions were $100 I might wait. If the "free" wait time was just a week, I'd wait. But it's just $10, and six months is a long time not enjoying something that's available.

I'm guessing there's a large number of f2p that just won't purchase the expansion, and EA/Bioware thinks this is the solution to them dropping out after they're bored at lvl 50. I am not a game designer / producer, so my opinion that it won't change anything might be completely wrong, and doesn't count. But I see no point complaining about your hurt feelings you didn't get the expansion for free, you get something extra when you bought it, either as a sub or f2p: Being able to play it sooner.

KB
I've given up on trying to explain it to them, Kenn. This and at least 3 other threads about it. The fact is, if Bioware gave them all the 1050 cartel coins, they'd just find something else to complain about. 1050 Cartel Coins? We don't want to buy your worthless pay to win crap...
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

WisTexOfficial
10.01.2013 , 09:34 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
If you pre-ordered RotHC you got a Markrin Seedling pet, a Scourge of the Hutts title, a Dr Oggrurobb statue so you can train your skills anywhere you like, all on every character you make now and in the future.

In addition you got early access to the content which you have been playing for the last six months.
Where do I get that stuff? I purchased the expansion and never received any of that. All I got was a title "The Risen" and a debit on my credit card. I haven't even gotten to the planet yet, since none of my characters are level 50 yet. How do I get the pet and the statue?
Agent Nomi Ausland, Strategic Information Service / Imperial Intelligence, Sniper
Deputy Mymi Ausland, Smuggler, Gunslinger
Jedi Mokinomi Ausland, Jedi Consular, Sage
Captain Jaqs Ausland, Smuggler

WisTexOfficial
10.01.2013 , 09:46 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
They've been able to play it as long as they owned it. You've had your cake, now you want to eat it? I will agree the people who bought it just before the cut-off date are getting a bit shafted. The reward should have tapered of gradually rather then being all or nothing.
I actually never got to play it yet. I am not level 50. I bought it because it was a special price for subscribers. I thought I was getting a 50% discount being a subscriber. Instead I got 100% over-charged. So I never received the benefit of having it early.
Agent Nomi Ausland, Strategic Information Service / Imperial Intelligence, Sniper

WisTexOfficial
10.01.2013 , 10:14 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by YeahrRght View Post
BW to the players:

~If you pre-odered you got 3 things nobody else in the game can get,

~If you sub up in the month prior to October 12 we'll give you 1000 CC for you're purchase of the RotTC,

~if you are in the group between those,SFTU

That's how I feel anyway.

The 500 CC for returning subs, active subs get that every month anyway.
According to the announcement, the only thing that early adopters get that is different is a title. Otherwise, everything else is the same as people who got it free.

"Players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12, 2013 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase."

What are the three things that early adopters get that no one else gets?

AbsolutGrndZero
10.03.2013 , 12:37 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by WisTexOfficial View Post
According to the announcement, the only thing that early adopters get that is different is a title. Otherwise, everything else is the same as people who got it free.

"Players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12, 2013 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase."

What are the three things that early adopters get that no one else gets?
Scourge of the Hutts title and the Dr. Ogurrobb Hutt Holostatue... and I forget what the 3rd thing was. Again, it was as he said PRE-ORDERS that got those though.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Vinjar
10.05.2013 , 05:42 AM | #129
When do we get the items?

ZNICK
10.05.2013 , 03:42 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinjar View Post
When do we get the items?
I'm wondering the same thing... I upgraded and I didn't get the pet or mount. I don't care beans about the expansion, all I do is pvp, but I'd like the stuff all the same, lol.

Z
You don't stop playing games when you get old... you get old when you stop playing games!