Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith all sound British??

Zaxem
09.12.2013 , 03:42 PM | #11
i actually never really noticed the British accent the only time i did was when i got the 2nd companion on the trooper story
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Kaedusz
09.12.2013 , 08:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But anyway I like the Imperial feel, any other theme would have just seemed wrong. Even the original KOTOR games drew heavily on established Star Wars themes on the Empire and the Republic.[/COLOR]
Yet they were not copy-paste.They were perfectly balanced.SWTOR should have done something similar.
I would imagine the perfect models for uniforms and ships(1) for this timeline would be a combination of Great Hyperspace war ,Jedi Civil War and the models/themes as they are now.

(1) Obviously the republic ships are fine.talking about the imperial ones.

http://media.moddb.com/images/articl.../Sf-battle.jpg

Check out Malak's ships next to the Star Forge.They don't give me the quiet and persistent presence of the movies's influence in my consciousness, that this Sith Empire's ships do.And they are still Star Wars and they are still awesome .I despise the smell of the movies present in SWTOR.

Beniboybling
09.13.2013 , 03:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Yet they were not copy-paste.They were perfectly balanced.SWTOR should have done something similar.
I would imagine the perfect models for uniforms and ships(1) for this timeline would be a combination of Great Hyperspace war ,Jedi Civil War and the models/themes as they are now.
Is that not exactly what's been done?

Here is an Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

Here is a Harrower-class Dreadnought.

They are notably different, because BioWare has taken the original design and given it some ancient and more insidious themes with the sharp edges etc. making it seem more like a Sith warship than an Imperial vessel.

The same can be said of the Moffs, a title I would point out that has been around since pre-Republic eras. And the Sith Troopers (who look nothing like Imperial Stormtroopers) also have a unique feel.

Kaedusz
09.13.2013 , 10:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

They are notably different,
And notably similar.If i didn't know SWTOR existed i would say that this ship is from Palpatine's Empire.

The Imperial Troopers are fine,although i am having mixed feelings about the helm.
The Republic high level trooper armor is not fine.
This is fine and in order: http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joy...rogression.jpg

But this, http://www.republictrooper.com/wp-co.../ss01_full.jpg
while being perfectly awesome and cool looking,from an aesthetic pov,still has too much clone trooper and SW movies vibes.It shouldn't be something a republic trooper should wear 1700ys before the New Sith Wars,2700 ysbefore Bane and 3700ys before the movies.

It's a moot point now.And i am used to all this.But when i used to overthink it , first few months after swtor came out,it made me furious.

AlrikFassbauer
09.16.2013 , 07:19 AM | #15
I was replayi9ng Esseles a few days ago.

What I noticed - and this time I tried to listen - was, that the imperial Moff didn't have any British accent - it would have been difficult in the German-language version of SWTOR anyway.

But what he had was an exalted voice/tone of high society class members. Those which - according to the cliché - would use to put themselves apart from the lower classes.

I found this interesting - does this mean that imperials in the game try to be members of a higher social class ? Or are they perhaps all members of a higher social class ?

That what I was thinking, then.
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.