Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game not starting after clicking play in launcher

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game not starting after clicking play in launcher
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Napalm_AKI
09.11.2013 , 12:31 PM | #1
Today started SWTOR launcher as usuall, been playing for about a month now. The launcher downloaded some update and was in the process of applying it, when the computer crashed. Restarted PC, restarted launcher, it finished aplying the update with no error messages.

Sevreal attempts now, including restarting the Computer, simply nothing happens when I click play. The are no proceses associated with SWTOR running, nothing. Tried repait tool, also tried fix launcher tool. No result, same Problem. The repair command in the launcher itself is not selectable, because apparently there are no errors.

Really, really, really don't want to re-download the entire thing again. How do I manually force the launcher to check all the files? Because obvously something did go wrong during the patching.

Bronholz
09.11.2013 , 12:33 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Napalm_AKI,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please can you check the reliability report for any swtor errors. Please see the steps below:
  1. Hold the 'Windows Key' and press 'R'
  2. Type in: perfmon /rel
  3. Click on any Red circle with a white X and see if there is any reference to Star Wars: The Old Republic, either swtor.exe or launcher.exe
  4. If there is one, right click on the entry and choose "view technical details"
  5. Choose copy to clipboard (at the bottom) and paste this in here.

Please also provide a DXDiag report.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Napalm_AKI
09.11.2013 , 12:43 PM | #3
so here is the reliability Report from today, have about 10 of exacly same ones:

Spoiler

and DxDiag

Spoiler

Napalm_AKI
09.11.2013 , 12:44 PM | #4
Had to cut part of DxDiag out to fit in 50k character limit

Bronholz
09.11.2013 , 12:51 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the logs.

I would recommend making sure that you have the latest version of your Graphic's card drivers. Yours are dated from July and there maybe new versions available.

The cause of the error in the reliability report (MSVCR90.dll) is generally due to your C++ being outdated or incomplete. I would advise going to Windows Update and checking to make sure you aren't missing any updates. It may also be worth downloading this.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Napalm_AKI
09.11.2013 , 11:47 PM | #6
Updating didn't help

No newer drivers available

C++ Redistribution package install did not help

Deleted a Folder with BitRaider, this caused the SWTOR to download and install stuff, I think it was mostly installing something, took couple hours (just left PC running overnight). Today I could get to the character selection, so it seems to work now. Will check after I get back from work.

There has to be a better way tho then deleting a 2 MB Folder and then having to wait for like 3-4 hours for the launcher to do whatever it did then? Or is it just repair function so horribly slow?