Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
09.10.2013 , 12:35 PM | #71
I bought it and but I think this is great and welcome it. Nor do i expect anything in return because I happened to pay for it.

A lot of the games I used to play had this system, they launched DLC and then after a whiile It'd go free. That's just how it is so I see the purchase more as a VIP pass where you get to use it until it goes free.

Elminster_cs
09.10.2013 , 12:35 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More
I preorder it 5 month before the exit and i get:
3 items, a title and i have pay 8 euros.

People that buy it now will pay 8 euros and will gain 1050 CC for a value of 8 euros and a title

People after the 13 September will gain it free.
---------------

IS THIS FAIR?? Tell me that is fair, people that have preorder it pay MORE than other player, for the other player is ZERO, for US is 8 euros. This is the respect for loyal player that are here since launch? That have always preorder everything?

THIS IS RIDICUILOS
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 12:35 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Of course you'd +1 that. Defenders have each others backs no matter what!
So, anyone who disagrees with you MUST be either a defender or a BW/EA employee? Living your life that must get exhausting after a while...
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 12:36 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakebelow View Post
..... sigh...

I honestly feel like this is a slap in the face. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but let me share my take anyway. I pre-ordered this game day 1. Been a subscriber since launch. Stood by this game at it's lowest point, when we literally had NOTHING to do but hard mode E.C. and the same 4 warzones for 6 months straight. I defended this game to everyone who was thinking about quitting. I told people that it would get better....growing pains..... stick with it....

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1. Screw us right? We're Bioware/SWTOR fanboys/girls. We'll spend our money on anything piece of crap they put on a plate in front of us... they don't need to take care of us.

I've withstood a lot of crap with this game because I love Star Wars and Bioware. I played an inferior MMO as far as quality of life features ( can they seriously fix the GCD skips in raids already) because I so wanted this game to succeed. In the grand scope of things.. this in a vacuum is not that big a deal. But to me, I think it's the straw that breaks the camels back...

I
Hot. A face slap and last straw in the same post. Thumbs-up to you, sir! You have mastered the Art of Foruming!

TheNahash
09.10.2013 , 12:36 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Of course you'd +1 that. Defenders have each others backs no matter what!
Nope, I just don't like people like you, that's all
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 12:36 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I bought it and but I think this is great and welcome it. Nor do i expect anything in return because I happened to pay for it.

A lot of the games I used to play had this system, they launched DLC and then after a whiile It'd go free. That's just how it is so I see the purchase more as a VIP pass where you get to use it until it goes free.
^Agreed.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

DocWookieChris
09.10.2013 , 12:36 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I bought a Ford Mustang about 6 months ago. Just today, Ford announced that everyone who owns any Ford vehicle would be given a free Mustang in 3 days. Those of us who already own a Mustang, we'd get a special license plate cover to put on ours.

But that's just fine, because I got to drive my Mustang for 6 months longer than everyone who's about to get one for free.

Here why don't I give you a much more realistic example for you to work with. you bought an ipone when it came out. you paid unrealistic amounts of cash for it. you loved it and flaunted it in your friends' face because they didnt have it. 6 months later you heard a rumor about a super secret space project....errr i mean a new version of the iphone...before you know it the price on that iphone you paid butloads for is going out for free to people buying new plans. THE OUTRAGE. HOW DARE THEY. Good thing stuff like this doesnt actually happen.

Kilawpilath
09.10.2013 , 12:36 PM | #78
I'm irritated that all I get is a title..

I'm irritated MORE that the people who Pre-orderd it.. getting all the goodies that came with the preorder are ************ that all they get is a title..

If you preordered it, you got goodies!

Those of us who get screwed are the ones who bought it after the fact..

Where's my T-Shirt that says "I bought RotHC and all I got was this stupid Title!"?
"Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blaster warms up, meatbags." ―HK-47

Hunter Killer

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 12:37 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
I preorder it 5 month before the exit and i get:
3 items, a title and i have pay 8 euros.

People that buy it now will pay 8 euros and will gain 1050 CC for a value of 8 euros and a title

People after the 13 September will gain it free.
---------------

IS THIS FAIR?? Tell me that is fair, people that have preorder it pay MORE than other player, for the other player is ZERO, for US is 8 euros. This is the respect for loyal player that are here since launch? That have always preorder everything?

THIS IS RIDICUILOS
yes, it's fair, you got to play it for 5 months, people who bought it within the last month probably haven't even gotten to play it yet.

if you don't think it's fair then i will trade you my 1050 CC for 5 months of back pay at my job

DocWookieChris
09.10.2013 , 12:37 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakebelow View Post
..... sigh...

I honestly feel like this is a slap in the face. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but let me share my take anyway. I pre-ordered this game day 1. Been a subscriber since launch. Stood by this game at it's lowest point, when we literally had NOTHING to do but hard mode E.C. and the same 4 warzones for 6 months straight. I defended this game to everyone who was thinking about quitting. I told people that it would get better....growing pains..... stick with it....

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1. Screw us right? We're Bioware/SWTOR fanboys/girls. We'll spend our money on anything piece of crap they put on a plate in front of us... they don't need to take care of us.

I've withstood a lot of crap with this game because I love Star Wars and Bioware. I played an inferior MMO as far as quality of life features ( can they seriously fix the GCD skips in raids already) because I so wanted this game to succeed. In the grand scope of things.. this in a vacuum is not that big a deal. But to me, I think it's the straw that breaks the camels back...

I
You got to enjoy a game you valued the entire time. A few preorder goodies. First dibs at many new challenges. 6+ months access to new content. But yeah, poor you.