Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Snakebelow's Avatar


Snakebelow
09.10.2013 , 12:31 PM | #61
..... sigh...

I honestly feel like this is a slap in the face. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but let me share my take anyway. I pre-ordered this game day 1. Been a subscriber since launch. Stood by this game at it's lowest point, when we literally had NOTHING to do but hard mode E.C. and the same 4 warzones for 6 months straight. I defended this game to everyone who was thinking about quitting. I told people that it would get better....growing pains..... stick with it....

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1. Screw us right? We're Bioware/SWTOR fanboys/girls. We'll spend our money on anything piece of crap they put on a plate in front of us... they don't need to take care of us.

I've withstood a lot of crap with this game because I love Star Wars and Bioware. I played an inferior MMO as far as quality of life features ( can they seriously fix the GCD skips in raids already) because I so wanted this game to succeed. In the grand scope of things.. this in a vacuum is not that big a deal. But to me, I think it's the straw that breaks the camels back...

I

Nothematic's Avatar


Nothematic
09.10.2013 , 12:32 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Folks who bought an Iphone 5 when it came out just found out they can either get the same basic phone for 1/2 the price or a better phone for the same price. I've not heard one person complain they are being mistreated.

You got what you paid for. You are entitled to nothing else.
If you buy a phone you can expect it to go down in value over the period of around a year. When we bought that expansion we didn't expect it to be going FREE 6 months later.
Coastas - 55 Marauder | Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Enairo - 55 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Exly's Avatar


Exly
09.10.2013 , 12:32 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Covaltage View Post
Really? I would argue that anybody who enjoys end game content of any type would want the expansion. Imagine if you had been told ROTHC would be going free, would you have really stuck it out for 5 months farming EC and playing WZs in the 30-54 bracket? Paying for these mini-updates is just a ticket to access new content that comes out, and ROTHC isn't just Makeb.
Yes!!

Maybe next time they try this I should just unsub and wait until the content is free to resub. I will probably need a break from the game by then anyway.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
09.10.2013 , 12:32 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakebelow View Post
..... sigh...

I honestly feel like this is a slap in the face. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but let me share my take anyway. I pre-ordered this game day 1. Been a subscriber since launch. Stood by this game at it's lowest point, when we literally had NOTHING to do but hard mode E.C. and the same 4 warzones for 6 months straight. I defended this game to everyone who was thinking about quitting. I told people that it would get better....growing pains..... stick with it....

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1. Screw us right? We're Bioware/SWTOR fanboys/girls. We'll spend our money on anything piece of crap they put on a plate in front of us... they don't need to take care of us.

I've withstood a lot of crap with this game because I love Star Wars and Bioware. I played an inferior MMO as far as quality of life features ( can they seriously fix the GCD skips in raids already) because I so wanted this game to succeed. In the grand scope of things.. this in a vacuum is not that big a deal. But to me, I think it's the straw that breaks the camels back...

I
We also got the Doctor Juvard Illip Oggurobb holostatue ACCOUNT wide.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

LtGeneralGezlin's Avatar


LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 12:32 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Theyre not the trolls...theyre just voicing their opinion but don't want to put it on here in case defenders like you scare them off
Right, you keep telling yourself that. Also, pretty sure I'm not defending. I just think the whining is stupid. Should we subs also get the Cartel coins? Of course. But, acting like we deserve more? That is just too much.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
09.10.2013 , 12:33 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
lol
+1
Of course you'd +1 that. Defenders have each others backs no matter what!

Lesaberisa's Avatar


Lesaberisa
09.10.2013 , 12:33 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Covaltage View Post
Really? I would argue that anybody who enjoys end game content of any type would want the expansion. Imagine if you had been told ROTHC would be going free, would you have really stuck it out for 5 months farming EC and playing WZs in the 30-54 bracket? Paying for these mini-updates is just a ticket to access new content that comes out, and ROTHC isn't just Makeb.
Well, speaking only for myself, with the move away from class stories towards more repetitive and generic content (the macrobinoculars and seeker droid were okay the first time, less so every time afterwards, and I really didn't like the story on Makeb), it actually does matter to me a bit. I'm probably a lot more likely to hedge my bets and wait to get the next expansion unless people are blown away by it, because more than likely I'll be able to get it for free at some point. I don't run ops and FPs are not that big a deal to me either. Probably makes more sense to just drop down to preferred, really.

RotHC was worth $10 to me, but it also made me feel like the game was slowly turning into the generic MMO experience I played TOR to avoid. If I had had to wait a few months to get it for free it probably wouldn't have impacted me much. *shrug*
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
09.10.2013 , 12:35 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakebelow View Post
Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day
Well, that's not entirely true. You (and I, and everyone else who bought RotHC) did get all the things that came with it, 6 months prior to the rest. It's not like we paid $10 for nothing.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Izorii's Avatar


Izorii
09.10.2013 , 12:35 PM | #69
In fairness we all knew this would happen. They don't want to split content between lv 50 and 55, this way they can make all dailys and end game content lv 55. However what did shock me was the speed and the crappy title those of us who bought rise of the Hutt cartel on release are getting.

I wonder if the next thing we will see is lv 55 for everyone, but free to play players wont be able to go to mekab so will have to grind it out doing dailys.

Oh and I can kinda see the next update "Lots of new lv 55 operations and flashpoints and daily areas, yes all the ones which are currently lv 50 will be revamped to level 55, and that's it!, welcome to game update 2.5"

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
09.10.2013 , 12:35 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Right, you keep telling yourself that. Also, pretty sure I'm not defending. I just think the whining is stupid. Should we subs also get the Cartel coins? Of course. But, acting like we deserve more? That is just too much.
Well I think we should get cartel coins, a worthless title isn't enough for me imo, its hilarious they actually gave us a title lmao