Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

twistedmonk
09.12.2013 , 01:27 PM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by BBCHiyde View Post
This.

Marketing/Legalise to Real World Translator: (tm)

"..appreciation for recent purchase.." = compensation because we dropped the price on a product you just bought. (a very common business practice and usually set at 30 day mark)

Hate the way they worded it, but twisting this into "bioware hates long-term players" is nothing more than a ploy to demand unwarranted cartel coins.

Oh..and shutting down access to the xpac for 30 days ahead of making this bundled offer has got to be the silliest thing I've read yet. I wonder how many pages of BW flaming we'd have gotten if they'd been dumb enough to do that.
The fact it this is what they stated

" Subscribers who purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel in the last 30 days will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel"

No ones twisting words its exactly what they said, if they had stated we will compensate anyone who purchased the game due to some legal obligations do you think people would have cared?

And I never said shut down access to the xpac I said stop selling it not lock people out who have bought it! even if they announced it 30 days prior to it going free how many people would have bought it? They could have stated due to the xpac being free in 30 days no compensation will be given to people who buy the game between now and the launch of it being free.

I don't think your 30 day compensation is as common as you think, not in the uk anyway Its like buying a dvd online, 10k buy it at 14.99 20 days later the price changes who do these 10k people claim against the retailer? are the retailers obliged to compensate those 10k people? do the retailers claim there suppliers? then there supplier has to claim etc.

Exly
09.12.2013 , 01:38 PM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by mfourcustom View Post
For god sake ya us long time subs only get a title is it a cheap way out for them? ya but really come on the game is failing they need more subs this is a move they have to make.
You're right, the game could use some more subs, and adding RotHC to the list of subscriber perks certainly makes sense. As a matter of fact, it makes just as much sense today as it did from the beginning.

So, now five months have past since launch, and they have decided to make this change and to show there appreciation for all of those who actually paid for this now free content, but they set up a two tiered appreciation scheme that disrespects the early adopters, and gives greater rewards to those who held out and bought it months after launch.

Let's face it, there are reasons that this game is "failing" as you put it, and the lack any of real respect for long term and loyal customers is one of those reasons.

Dedrayge
09.12.2013 , 02:08 PM | #673
Can I opt for the title "The Fallen" instead?
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

ZeroPlus
09.12.2013 , 03:17 PM | #674
Wow... so much bile in this thread...

So current and new subscribers who haven't bought the expansion yet, get it for free? Great news! (F2Pers still have to pay full price!)

Do I feel cheated because I didn't get it for free and pre-ordered it? Not at all! It cost me 8. Only 8! And has provided me with HOURS of fun since it was released. Fun that others haven't been able to have because they didn't have the expansion...

What's more, people who pre-ordered the expansion got a title, a pet and trainer hologram on ALL their current and new toons. If they were like me, they actually pre-ordered BEFORE any of this was announced. Now they get a new title. Cool! What is there to complain about?

Bioware is even compensating people who bought the expansion in the last 30 days before this went live with the subscriber value of the expansion in Cartel Coins. I think this is great! Do I feel I should also receive this because I bought the expansion way back on the first day that it was announced? No! I've been playing it since it was released and gotten my money's worth... IF ANYTHING, people who bought the expansion 31 or 32 days ago are the ONLY ones who might feel "cheated" at this point, but even so: it cost them 8; they have had a full month to play; they have gotten their money's worth...

Seriously people... lighten up...
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

timskijwalker
09.12.2013 , 03:55 PM | #675
I resubbed today... too late for the title. now its going F2P and because i pre-ordered i am not getting extra cartel coins...
this sucks =(.
(glad that i resubbed though, especially with the new speeder i get! which looks freaking amazing, thanks for that guys! )

OOH BTW!
ERIC MUSCO! you still owe me a copy of SWTOR =P
won it during the http://www.torocast.com/ competition
▂ ▃ ▅ Tim Skijwalker ▅ ▃ ▂
⋘PRIME DEFENSE⋙

ScarletBlaze
09.12.2013 , 04:11 PM | #676
I still will say Bioware needs to learn to write. Maybe a course in Business 101 or Effective Business Communication Writing and Speaking would be helpful for them in the future.

You don't use the word appreciation for compensation , simple as that.

They need to learn this and maybe just maybe this would not have happened.

The expansion going free to subscribers is great the wording on the cartel coins sloppy work.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

get_shredded
09.12.2013 , 04:19 PM | #677
My *opinion*:

Those who bought the expansion early have gotten their money's worth. You have paid to have access to content that others didn't unless they themselves had paid too. You have been using that content over a period of time (those that pre-ordered have had the longest use) and thus you have received your money's worth.

The cartel coins are ONLY being given to customers that have purchased the expansion in the last month. These customers have arguably been treated the most unfairly as they may not feel they have received their money's worth (if I had known the expansion would be free in a month I'd have probably waited and not paid for it). Therefore, the cartel coins are being given to compensate them.

It seems the only mistake here was to award the loyal customers with a mere title (I do agree that is lame btw). I personally believe it would have been better to not have given those customers anything. Nevertheless many of the complaints here are unjustified. You have not been left out of pocket.

*Afterthought*

Having been a console gamer for years, I've become accustomed to paying for expansion packs, usually multiplayer maps, and then discovering months later that the content was now free. However, I never complained. The way I see it is that I paid to have early access to it. This has been common practise throughout the games industry for quite some times.

DarthBatemanJ
09.12.2013 , 04:54 PM | #678
I'm sure this has been expressed many times, but why are people who pre-ordered and have been with the game since launch, like myself being punished for having bought the expansion early and supporting this game as quickly as we can! Seems very very unacceptable.

get_shredded
09.12.2013 , 05:00 PM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBatemanJ View Post
I'm sure this has been expressed many times, but why are people who pre-ordered and have been with the game since launch, like myself being punished for having bought the expansion early and supporting this game as quickly as we can! Seems very very unacceptable.
Being punished?

"Supporting the game"? You've being paying to *play* the game.

chuixupu
09.12.2013 , 06:29 PM | #680
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBatemanJ View Post
How are you being punished? You got your holostatue, title, and pet for pre-ordering. Now you are receiving a title, pet and speeder. You got 500 CC's a couple of months ago as a subscriber perk. You get 500-650 monthly as a subscriber. You got several thousand coins, a tauntaun pet, and a party jawa in the F2P transition. You pay for this game because it's fun. At least, that's my assumption.

How were you punished again?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant