Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Archeonn's Avatar


Archeonn
09.11.2013 , 05:03 PM | #601
I bought the expansion on August 8th... I'm pissed off there was no warning, and I know if I send a message to GMs asking for the cartel coins they will just send me a ****** copy and paste response.

Soulles_Void's Avatar


Soulles_Void
09.11.2013 , 05:10 PM | #602
So wait..if it's now free to subscribers, why does it still say "
$9.99 for subscribers" when i go to the Rise of the Hutt Cartel site, as a subscribed player....

lironBD's Avatar


lironBD
09.11.2013 , 05:17 PM | #603
hmm ok I'll never purchase anything bioware ever again also unsubbing swtor as I see I can get everything for free.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

RiVaN_'s Avatar


RiVaN_
09.11.2013 , 05:19 PM | #604
Sooooooo
Stop me if you have read this already, but people who have just now bought the expansion get $10 worth of cartel coins and those of us who pre-ordered the expansion get a Title worth nothing...
Yes we have been enjoying the expansion for a while now, but now what we paid for is free, the game we paid for... New subscribers get for free. Long term subscribers have, potentially, paid over $100 - $150 for this game and the expansion. New subscribers get it all for free...

Thanks for the Title BW, I love you too...

spectreclees's Avatar


spectreclees
09.11.2013 , 05:28 PM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
hmm ok I'll never purchase anything bioware ever again also unsubbing swtor as I see I can get everything for free.
Okay? Bye? Don't ever play on STEAM they do this all the time with some titles.

jedip_enguin's Avatar


jedip_enguin
09.11.2013 , 05:45 PM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
hmm ok I'll never purchase anything bioware ever again also unsubbing swtor as I see I can get everything for free.
You forgot to say it was a slap in the face
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Exly's Avatar


Exly
09.11.2013 , 05:51 PM | #607
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
You forgot to say it was a slap in the face
So you decided to slap him just to make sure that he knew that he had been. Wow, that was really nice of you.

Sydth's Avatar


Sydth
09.11.2013 , 05:57 PM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulles_Void View Post
So wait..if it's now free to subscribers, why does it still say "
$9.99 for subscribers" when i go to the Rise of the Hutt Cartel site, as a subscribed player....
Here, I'll copy and paste it from the homepage:

"Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a new Subscriber benefit beginning September 12th!"
Khajjo'panåkaShahi'palåk Aloo'palak
The Shadowlands

"There is no greater challenge than to change from within. But that is what we all must do to survive" - Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan

RiVaN_'s Avatar


RiVaN_
09.11.2013 , 06:10 PM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
Do you HONESTLY think they thought they'd be giving it away for free 6 months ago? Do you also think they planned to make this game f2p? They're changes made for the better and to keep the game alive. If you want a dead game then yeah, make everyone pay. If you don't then why are you complaining about something that doesn't affect you?
The problem is that is does affect us all.
Why? Because Cartel coins cost REAL MONEY. The thing of it is that cartel coins aren't real $ and the items we buy with them are't a real comodity. Therefore giving ALL subscribers 1050 cartel coins wouldn't cost BW a dime and would have been a very nice gesture.
Argue all you want about the price of cartel coins and how much it would "take out of BW's coffers." the fact remains the Cartel Coins don't cost BW any money at all to create. It isn't like they have to go to the bank and exchange Dollars for Euro's and pay some child laborer in a former soviet country to stamp out cartel coins. They would be just adding fake currency to our accounts so that we can buy fake products.

Trase-Kor's Avatar


Trase-Kor
09.11.2013 , 06:12 PM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by BBCHiyde View Post
A reason to complain on the forums?

If you're so unhappy..why are you still playing and how would 1050CC make up for how much you don't like it?
Oh yes, that isn't a strawman at all. /sarcasm

I never said I was unhappy with the game; and I never specified that I wanted 1050CC as compensation specifically. The post you responded to was directed at spectreclees, who thinks I somehow magically got more than early access for the money. I didn't, thus making what he said stupid, so I pointed it out as being stupid.

As for the compensation; as I've said two times already: if this is how they intend to do expansions, then it is not worth buying them. I won't miss the content if I can't access it for six months, ten dollars is not worth only getting early access, and a simple title (one that few people seem to even like - I certainly don't) does not make up for the wasted "early access" money.

It was not advertised as 6 months early access. I did not spend 10 dollars for 6 months early access. As it stands now I am forced to assume that buying future expansions is not worth spending the money.

I lose ten bucks for nothing, and Bioware/EA gets less money from me and everyone else who feels affected by this in the future.