Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

homsikpanda's Avatar


homsikpanda
09.11.2013 , 10:51 AM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
No, it's not. Especially by the legal definition of "refund". That's why they're not calling it a refund.

Here's a more common-language definition of the term to assist your comprehension.

if you say so, pandataun doesn't really care, it is calling it a refund as it's the one getting it, and feels it can call it what it wants.

Exly's Avatar


Exly
09.11.2013 , 11:04 AM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Your characterizing cartel coins as a refund is absolutely, 100% wrong.

A refund is cash back. They could spend it on a toaster or gas or a beer. Or even hold onto it and use it to buy the next expansion pack. That's a refund.

What they're actually being offered is an in-store credit that's not even going to be good to use to purchase the next expansion pack. If they are disinterested in the cartel market, the 1,050 CC's are beyond worthless to them.

That is, of course, unless they exercise their consumer rights (protected under the laws in the various regions SWTOR does business) and demand an actual refund.
I wonder, could they get both? Lets say they wait until the 14th to ask for a refund, do you think that would cause BioWare to take back the CC grant that they are giving to recent buyers?

BoneyWeeevil's Avatar


BoneyWeeevil
09.11.2013 , 11:05 AM | #533
See i see this in an optimistic light. Maybe this is a good sign that another expansion is in the works to be released and give us some awesome new in game content.... or maybe realistically this is just a terrible move on Biowares part in the fact that now every single person has what a limited number of people had..... hmmm optimism or pissed off masses...

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
09.11.2013 , 11:15 AM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post

english and politics does not seem to be their strong points....but then again EA did win the consumerist worst customer service 2 years in a row (which nobody has ever done before) so i think at this point they're just trying for a 3rd year in a row (now that the bar has been set they need to make sure they meet everyones expectations of a 3rd year in a row, keep up the prestige and all that )
Maybe they need to take the class I am taking for my associates degree. "Effective Business Writing and Speaking"
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Devrius's Avatar


Devrius
09.11.2013 , 11:15 AM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
They should have actually said refund instead of appreciation. I believe most (not all) would have understood that but using the word appreciation gives a bad impression that one set of subscribers is more valued than the other. They should have worded it where it was clear it was a refund and not clouded it with the word appreciation. They need to learn how to use words correctly.
Yup, it's not refund it's his retarded cousin no one likes: store credit.

homsikpanda's Avatar


homsikpanda
09.11.2013 , 11:18 AM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
I wonder, could they get both? Lets say they wait until the 14th to ask for a refund, do you think that would cause BioWare to take back the CC grant that they are giving to recent buyers?
it could be possible, but i strongly think that EA would argue they refunded you by means of the CC as an "in-store credit" and as the refund has already been done they can refuse to refund you the $10

Exly's Avatar


Exly
09.11.2013 , 11:19 AM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by BoneyWeeevil View Post
See i see this in an optimistic light. Maybe this is a good sign that another expansion is in the works to be released and give us some awesome new in game content.... or maybe realistically this is just a terrible move on Biowares part in the fact that now every single person has what a limited number of people had..... hmmm optimism or pissed off masses...
Some people think that the space thing that they are working on will be sold as an expansion. Personally, I hope so, because that way I will not feel like I am missing out on anything when I decide not to purchase it.

Exly's Avatar


Exly
09.11.2013 , 11:23 AM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
it could be possible, but i strongly think that EA would argue they refunded you by means of the CC as an "in-store credit" and as the refund has already been done they can refuse to refund you the $10
Maybe, but BioWare is calling it a grant not a credit, so I wonder how they could defend themselves if pressed on the matter.

homsikpanda's Avatar


homsikpanda
09.11.2013 , 11:37 AM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Some people think that the space thing that they are working on will be sold as an expansion. Personally, I hope so, because that way I will not feel like I am missing out on anything when I decide not to purchase it.
what space thing?

Couchpotatoes's Avatar


Couchpotatoes
09.11.2013 , 11:38 AM | #540
Honestly I don't see why anyone is complaining, they are willingly giving subscribers rewards for no reason whatsoever! I understand where you guys are coming from but really....if you don't like the GIFT you are receiving from them then don't take it.

I personally like it but if you do not, well that's your issue and not mine.
Paliatin