Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eillack
09.11.2013 , 06:43 AM | #481
You know what would make me not as pissed by this (and probably a lot of others)....an actual vet reward program that most, if not virtually all mmo's have to customers that are loyal.

Looking at the fact that TOR doesn't even have anything close makes me think that EA/BW doesn't even want people to play / pay more than a month or so.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

ImmortalLowlife
09.11.2013 , 06:43 AM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinko View Post
People will now think twice before buying the new expansion - wait until it will be announced free and either buy it for a title and cartel coins or wait little longer and just play free. Very smart decision guys.. lets forget about loyal subscribers to whom me owe possibilty to further game development - lets just give them sh**y title and lets give cartel coins to people who bought it now... thats so awesome business decision.
IKR....So when the next expansion is released, I won't bother pre ordering or buying it. Unless y'all plan on giving it to anyone who bought ROTH before it went free for $1 or something
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

wainot-keel
09.11.2013 , 06:47 AM | #483
They should have just made the expansion free and said they were going to reimburse with CCs those who bought it last month. Period.
The word "appreciation" should not be there at all. A worthless title noone will ever show shouldn't be their meassure of how much they "appreciate" their subscribers. Seriously.

rhiarose
09.11.2013 , 06:52 AM | #484
Really? we are complaining about a $10 expansion pack that everyone who purchased at early access had access to for 6 months?

First off you are not "entitled" to anything, the agreement you accepted when you accepted the TOS etc is for Bioware to provide a product and give you access to it for the fee agreed on. Legally they don't even HAVE to offer you a refund, because the agreements do not include a "refund for whatever I feel i'm entitled to" clause. Bioware offered a product for a price, you purchased that product, they delivered it.

I suppose I should drive down to the dealership where I purchased my car and demand a refund since the model year has now depreciated in value and is being sold for less than I Bought it for.

Bottom Line, Rise was priced at $10 when you purchased it, its now depreciated in value and is now $0 dollars to people who pay monthly for the game.

Let me give you a little perspective for those of you who are complaining and are unfamiliar with what a real "rip off" scam is.

That OTHER Star Wars MMO, you remember it? Star Wars Galaxies? well any of you who played it remember Trials of Obi-Won.

a $20 expansion pack released on Nov 1, 2005, one that was advertised with content for all the wonderful classes SWG launched with, classes that on the SAME DAY as the xpac launch were REMOVED from the game by the infamous NGE after they had happily taken our money and promised us content for those classes, KNOWING all along they were going to remove them. a radical game overhaul like NGE doesn't happen in a week.

That is a willfully perpetrated scam if I've ever seen one.

Giving what amounts to a six month early access to an xpac for a piddly $10 bucks is NOT a willfully perpetrated scam, its called, well Early Access. It may not have been intended to be early access, but that's what it is.

But the bottom line is, they owe you absolutely nothing. You are "entitled" to exactly what the contract you signed with Bioware outlines, you pay, they give you a product. Loyalty rewards are a wonderful idea, but they are hardly required by law, No company has to offer you any kind of "loyalty" rewards. I dont get a discount on my gas just because I fill at the same station every time.

I would even possibly go so far as to say they DO owe people who bought the game within the last 30 days a refund because the decision was probably made within those 30 days and not announced till 3 days before it happens. But hat is of course my opinion, and im sure many will disagree.

What isn't is that purchases of Rise were a Business Transaction, that is all this is, not "arent we special, we stuck with you, now reward us". Your reward is that you get to keep playing the game your paying for and enjoying and they get to keep producing more content for it. Content they are now NOT charging subscribers for.

rhiarose
09.11.2013 , 06:58 AM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by Brexten View Post
. Then you give it out to new customers for free and they also get CC, while the people who actually preordered get a frakking title? Seriously BW?!
No, they are giving people who PURCHASED IT and are SUBSCRBERS a refund if they did so in the last 30 days, and not even a real refund, Cartel Coins, so basically people who bought the game in the last 30 days get enough cartel coins to NOT unlock even some of the most basic adaptive armors, enough to unlock ONE race and almost eough for another or perhaps a few QoL upgrades for their ship or legacy.

zImperium
09.11.2013 , 07:10 AM | #486
WTT "The Risen" title for 1050 CC.

Gah.

xAZUREx
09.11.2013 , 07:18 AM | #487
Everytime i get low on free CC BW give me them for free lol
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
Ace Squadron (Member)
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

atomic_coffee
09.11.2013 , 07:19 AM | #488
thank u eaware you're my greatest ally (・ω・`)
≖‿≖

cDUser
09.11.2013 , 07:19 AM | #489
Frustrating. I only bought this not too long ago as a current subscriber, for it to only become available to me for free soon after...

xAZUREx
09.11.2013 , 07:21 AM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by xAZUREx View Post
Everytime i get low on free CC BW give me them for free lol
**** OFF i misread i preordered ROTHC so i dont get coins WHAT THE ACTUAL **** surely the people who got it first should get CC as well i dont want no crap title
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
Ace Squadron (Member)
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH