Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

shamfurdispray
09.11.2013 , 03:43 AM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
so being able to play RotHC months before the rest of the subscribers did isn't enough justification for the $9.99 you paid almost half a year ago?

besides, 1000 CC doesn't seem like a lot anyway, specially when everything important is available on the GTN
I can live without this 1000 CC reward but if its continue like this in the future, I'm going to cancle my subscription. Since alot of people including myself are subscribers for long period of time even before they announced the expansion.

We also have purchase the expansion for a long time ago and keep paying to contribue this game while the recent subscribers just now making the effort to support this game, yet receive a reward with "real value".

I'm fine with the fact this expansion goes free to all subscribers, and I think its good way to bring new people into this game encourage more subscription & expand it community, but to me the real problem are the distinction between two group, a players who bought the expansion last month and players who bought it a long time ago like mentioned before. This show how poorly they handle this matter, and treated the customers with double standard.

Well, I'm just express my own thought.

hillerbees
09.11.2013 , 03:48 AM | #462
You can stick your title up your ****. And the next "expansion pack" that gets realeased and you are looking for early subscribers you can count me out...I'll sit it out until its free.

I'm disgusted. And you have the cheek to call this a subscriber benefit.

Frenesi
09.11.2013 , 04:04 AM | #463
Really, guys, you sell it to us, only to declare a few month later that now it's free. What the hell were we paying for? Isn't it a bit not honest? Dont you owe something for people who bought it?

Xsorus
09.11.2013 , 04:12 AM | #464
Rofl..

What a bunch of silly silly people.

I'm sure most of the whiner's will slit their wrist when they learn about Steam Summer Sales.

Or omg..

Black Friday.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus?feature=mhee
Guild Wars 2 Ranger PvP Movies

Bravotwentynine
09.11.2013 , 04:12 AM | #465
What about us people who just bought it? We getting some sort of refund? I seriously just bought it twice last week for my 2 accounts.

GARhenus
09.11.2013 , 04:21 AM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by Bravotwentynine View Post
What about us people who just bought it? We getting some sort of refund? I seriously just bought it twice last week for my 2 accounts.
you'll be getting 1000 sumthin CCs for each account

NeonShadower
09.11.2013 , 04:30 AM | #467
So people who bought it August 10th get nothing but a title which they can choke on for all that matters, but you buy one day later and get 1050 CC. So the first person gets 1 day of extra access, while the second loses one day but gains 10 dollars worth of CCs. Hmm seems fair, bought mine August 1st and honestly I play at night and they had two nights completely blocked off for maintenance, so I barely get any extra play time. It should just go to all that bought it, honestly if I knew about this then I would of waited the 10 freaking days.

Sharee
09.11.2013 , 04:41 AM | #468
Basically, this reward scheme means punishing people for buying the expansion early.

That seems a bit... counter-productive for any future expansion sales.

JediFollowerJ
09.11.2013 , 04:55 AM | #469
It really sucks that they decide to make the expansion free to new subscribers. I bought the expansion shortly after it came out. Along with many other people it seems to me to be a rip-off for those who spent actual money on the expansion. Also, those people who said "you got six months of playing time on it, that is reward enough" should realize that it is not really a big benefit since new subscribers can play through the content within a matter of days and would not take six months for some/most of the players to play through what the expansion had to offer. Basically, new subscribers could be at the same point in the game with the same gear and everything else in a short period of time. To me that seems unfair.

Additionally, all the loyal subs who have been subbed for many months or longer only get a title? That is pretty much useless since a lot of people don't even care about titles anyway! Instead, the developers should give the loyal subscribers the cartel coins that new sub buyers are getting if they bought the ROTHC expansion months ago also. Or they can give the new expansion away for free to the people who bought ROTHC months ago when it came out.

Either way, I hope at the very least that Bioware apologizes to the loyal subscribers who paid real money to get access to the ROTHC expansion.

LordExavion
09.11.2013 , 05:17 AM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by JediFollowerJ View Post
It really sucks that they decide to make the expansion free to new subscribers. I bought the expansion shortly after it came out. Along with many other people it seems to me to be a rip-off for those who spent actual money on the expansion. Also, those people who said "you got six months of playing time on it, that is reward enough" should realize that it is not really a big benefit since new subscribers can play through the content within a matter of days and would not take six months for some/most of the players to play through what the expansion had to offer. Basically, new subscribers could be at the same point in the game with the same gear and everything else in a short period of time. To me that seems unfair.

Additionally, all the loyal subs who have been subbed for many months or longer only get a title? That is pretty much useless since a lot of people don't even care about titles anyway! Instead, the developers should give the loyal subscribers the cartel coins that new sub buyers are getting if they bought the ROTHC expansion months ago also. Or they can give the new expansion away for free to the people who bought ROTHC months ago when it came out.

Either way, I hope at the very least that Bioware apologizes to the loyal subscribers who paid real money to get access to the ROTHC expansion.
Agreed! Bioware needs to take point and give their fans a little more appreciative things than a title that holds no merit to the expansion, whatsoever. It is almost like an 'f u' to the fans to be doing something like this all of a sudden.. hardly fair. Hardly constructive. More of a money grabber move having happened.. Unless the desired intend was getting the heat of the fans... which is surely well done.

But of course hopefully it is fixed, as many have said. Or perhaps not repeated in the future. For by this logic, if it nothing was said, we might as well just wait the few months for it to be free once more on the next expansion that follows. I'm sure it hasn't crossed the minds of players around here.. *sarcasm*