Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vexdagon
09.10.2013 , 08:44 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
Makes perfect sense to me, they just bought it and its now free. Usually things come with money back guarantees for short periods. You had the expansion for 6 months and could get a head start on everything. None of this really affects you if you bought it 6 months ago. The only thing you'll see is more people that are level 55 and you can play with. Is that SO bad?

Do you HONESTLY think they thought they'd be giving it away for free 6 months ago? Do you also think they planned to make this game f2p? They're changes made for the better and to keep the game alive. If you want a dead game then yeah, make everyone pay. If you don't then why are you complaining about something that doesn't affect you?
Well said. I started playing this game about two months ago and bought this expansion about a month ago. Now it's free? *sigh* I guess when the next expansion is released, if ever, we should all just wait until it's free.

Shirx
09.10.2013 , 08:46 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
So she's selfish, greedy, and not a loyal fan of the game even though she has spent a lot of money on it through the monthly subscriptions and by actually purchasing the expansion????

That makes NO sense whatsoever.
Makes sense if you are witty enough to get the message.

One that cries out I'm a true fan who only wants best for the game...but then clearly goes hey you giving that away I want it too....at every occassion ....like I said not a real loyal fan just someone who plays and wants handouts that don't justly belong to them....all merely because I pay each month.

Well I pay my mortgage each month you can say I'm loyal to my mortgage...but just because my neighbor that just bought their house got away with no closing costs....doesn't mean I have the right to go..."hey 13 years ago you made me pay closing costs....I'm a loyal customer refund my costs!"....

Exly
09.10.2013 , 08:46 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirx View Post
Nice...I just bought it last week guess I'm getting 1k coins.

Also...really people really? You don't get the business reason to re- imburse folks within the last month of paying for a product going free vs folks who paid for it months and months ago? You people never did well in accounting or book keeping I'd wager. Does even the concept of depreciation mean anything to you? You already derived value from the product over months of use...you arguaby got your $10 of value. The new buyers are just getting a refund in the form of cartel coins since the product is free now. The concept is rather easy to grasp.
This is not an accounting issue, it is a customer service issue, and the thing that made it a customer service issue is the fact that BioWare has stated that their reason for giving recent buyers the 1050 CCs was "in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel". If on the other hand it was an accounting issue based on a depreciation cycle as you suggest, then even you might want to admit that some sort of pro-rata refund system should have been worked out for anyone who purchased the expansion after its official launch date.

Vexdagon
09.10.2013 , 08:49 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatheadMonster View Post
I feel like the title "The Risen" doesn't even make any sense in the context of what "The Rise of the Hutt Cartel" was. How exactly did our characters become "The Risen" during the story? That must have taken like what 5 minutes to think up? And another 5 to create?

More to the point, the title should be something that more accurately reflects the situation here today. I suggest that they change the free title to "The Sucker", "The Naive", "The Exploited", "The Cash Cow", or "The One Who Should Have Seen It Coming".
I am 'Darth Sucker' and I approve this post.

Shirx
09.10.2013 , 08:49 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
This is not an accounting issue, it is a customer service issue, and the thing that made it a customer service issue is the fact that BioWare has stated that their reason for giving recent buyers the 1050 CCs was "in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel". If on the other hand it was an accounting issue based on a depreciation cycle as you suggest, then even you might want to admit that some sort of pro-rata refund system should have been worked out for anyone who purchased the expansion after its official launch date.
Um yeah no.

Exly
09.10.2013 , 08:54 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirx View Post
Um yeah no.
No, um yeah.

Exly
09.10.2013 , 08:58 PM | #427
Edited and removed

jprife
09.10.2013 , 09:00 PM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Nice. First you rub it in that you got yours, and then you go trolling.
Obvious hypocrite.

MidichIorian
09.10.2013 , 09:13 PM | #429
To those who seemingly are unaware of how a lot of DLC works.

Or how about this, seeing how it's a BW product.

Or how about all the games you buy that after a while will come out with all the expansions included and often to a reduced price?

Huge steam sales and give-aways, anyone? Not sure what you expect when it comes to DLC/expansion, everyone should know by now that it has a history of either becoming totally free, included or to a vastly reduced price. The time between full price and free varies a lot and can be as little as 2 months regardless of it being a highly successful game (see: Halo map packs).

bbates
09.10.2013 , 09:20 PM | #430
Since this is where we leave comments I'll leave my feedback.

Hire new marketing people.... Seriously.

Who was sitting around the office saying you know what I want to insult everyone that has been sticking with this game and purchased the expansion on preorder, even though we are no where near meeting the goals we outlined when we went F2P and lets just give the expansion away now and tell them guess what you got a title..... This tells me two things either the expansion isn't good enough to stand alone, or it shouldn't have had a cost in the first place.

Seriously Bio you guys have a great game but every decision you makes digs a bigger hole for yourselves. When your last NM content came out within 2 months half the guilds on our server had broken up and moved to new games or hated each other so much they had to move on by recruiting replacements. Playing with people since launch and watching it fall apart from your constant blunders is a gut wrenching experience.

#hopewildstarcomesoutsoonerthenexpected
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!