Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tmanarl
09.10.2013 , 07:30 PM | #401
Apparently you did not learn from your past mistakes Bioware. Many people will not have been around from this, and you conveniently deleted the original post from the source news article, but back in April of 2012 you decided to award a fraction of your player base for having a level 50 character, which in turn alienated and infuriated the remaining population. It is a shame that you did not learn from this, so I will spell it out for you: IT IS BAD BUSINESS TO REWARD A SMALL FRACTION OF YOUR PLAYERBASE, especially when this fraction does not include your most loyal customers. The players that purchased the expansion when it launched helped support your company and the work you did. If ANYONE deserves the most from this, it would be all customers who have purchased the expansion up until now.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Cinnagar 65 Sith Sorcerer | Viceptus 67 Sith Sorcerer | Calvaria 65 Sith Assassin | Shiian 65 Sith Juggernaut | Rolorra 65 Sith Marauder
Sevri 65 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Maris 70 Imperial Operative
Leelu 65 Jedi Sage | Mallavik: 65 Jedi Shadow | Brénn: 65 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 65 Jedi Sentinal | Lumanni: 65 Smuggler Scoundrel

VIZIOO
09.10.2013 , 07:37 PM | #402
My hat goes off to the creators..they sure's hell know how to make their money...

jprife
09.10.2013 , 07:39 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
If people would pause and take a minute to read and think, rather than just repeat what someone said on pages 1-15 then I wouldn't be repeating myself. Instead its the same discussion on every page leading nowhere, which is what will happen. People that bought it 6 months ago will get their title and they will cope.

Squawk
Or perhaps you're just refusing to accept that about 80% of the folks sounding off on this thread just vehemently disagree with you and your compadres and you refuse to accept it.

Squawk!!!

nevenavasovic
09.10.2013 , 07:42 PM | #404
Honestly? If that is your plan, no thanks. You can keep the title. I'm good.

jprife
09.10.2013 , 07:55 PM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
Why do you care if I'm getting something for free? Or is it that you care that someone is getting something you aren't/didn't get?
The fact that you don't see a problem with this speaks volumes about your own "I got mine at your expense-screw you" mindset. The analogy of taxpayer vs. takers/non-contributors is spot on correct.

jprife
09.10.2013 , 07:58 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
i'll also pose the question of "if bioware gave everybody 1050 CC coins, what do the new purchases get to help offset their butt hurt?" (the butt hurt being that they didn't get to be lvl 55 for the last 5-6 months)
Ridiculous assertion. They could have subscribed, bought the expansion, and reached level 55 rather quickly like everybody else who did.

SithEmpress
09.10.2013 , 08:05 PM | #407
I’m happy for those getting it free, I do get why there doing it, but as someone who did pre-order I do feel irritated. It’s not so much the ten dollar, but I keep getting the feel they couldn’t care less about the customer who actual supports the game.

As for the title it just feels weak or cheap, how about a cool mount or a unique emote, or funny neat toy to use in game. Something to show you do care and appreciated those that did spend money in support of the game. Something that feels like you put a little effort into it. I think the game could really benefit form a loyalty program. I’ve seen them in many MMO and it an easy way to say thank you, for a customers continue loyalty to the game.

PS I do known I will be thinking very careful on pre ordering the next expansion, I'll be asking myself it it worth it or should I wait till it goes free.

nimwit
09.10.2013 , 08:05 PM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Lots of people here don't seem to grasp how capitalism works. As a product ages the price drops, whistles and bells get added to it and at the end the remaining stock gets thrown out. What's next, people that buy a new car model at launch get to moan cos the same model is later being sold with huge comparative benefits cos the next model is right around the corner?

Not to mention the fact this CC "perk" is no perk. It's a bandage they hope will keep the people that bought the expansion in the last few weeks from exploding cos it's about to be free.

Christ do you lot have ZERO empathy? Put yourself in the shoes of someone that dinged 50 and bought rothc last week reading these news and then tell me again how wronged you got as a preorder guy that got half a year and preorder items for your 10$ compared to this newbie and his 10$. I'm all ears to hear the grave injustice and under appreciation bestowed upon thee.

It's not appreciation it's a "we're sorry we took your money for something we're giving away for free tomorrow". Something BW had to do if they had a shred of decency in them. And you're throwing a fit cos you're not getting the same. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
well said sir i was afraid swtor was full of self entitled brats but there is a few out there who believe as i do no way in hell could i spend 10 dollars and get 5 months entertainment from it hell movie tickets are like 11 dollars where i am. if someone asked me to pay 10 dollars now and i get an expansion and in 6 months it will be free id say take my money ill get more than my moneys worth before it goes free!

Shirx
09.10.2013 , 08:08 PM | #409
Nice...I just bought it last week guess I'm getting 1k coins.

Also...really people really? You don't get the business reason to re- imburse folks within the last month of paying for a product going free vs folks who paid for it months and months ago? You people never did well in accounting or book keeping I'd wager. Does even the concept of depreciation mean anything to you? You already derived value from the product over months of use...you arguaby got your $10 of value. The new buyers are just getting a refund in the form of cartel coins since the product is free now. The concept is rather easy to grasp.

nimwit
09.10.2013 , 08:20 PM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirx View Post
Nice...I just bought it last week guess I'm getting 1k coins.

Also...really people really? You don't get the business reason to re- imburse folks within the last month of paying for a product going free vs folks who paid for it months and months ago? You people never did well in accounting or book keeping I'd wager. Does even the concept of depreciation mean anything to you? You already derived value from the product over months of use...you arguaby got your $10 of value. The new buyers are just getting a refund in the form of cartel coins since the product is free now. The concept is rather easy to grasp.
Im blaming this new generation of parents they coddle and give in to them while they are young so they expect everything handed to them. Im glad bioware has done this it will bring new and old players to the game i got more than my money worth from preording it if someone told me hey give me 10 dollars and for the next 5 months you get this but after 5 months it goes free for everyone id say take my money only a brain dead moron would say no to that lol.