Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 12:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
My first thought is that the title is really lackluster.

My second was that they really don't owe us anything and its nice to get something at all.

But my third thought is pretty much the same as yours 'a title, really?' Honestly they might as well have just given us nothing.

My fourth thought is: 'wait, why are people that are buying the expansion 6 months late getting CCs and I, a loyal customer who preordered it, am not?'

Sigh. Oh well, its really not worth getting annoyed about.
you got to do the expansion for 6 months, get a lvl 55 character and all the perks, probably several characters.
wheres the new people (like myself ) bought it less then a month ago and probably haven't even had a chance to even use it yet (my highest character is 42) and to have it now free less then a month later was a waste of $10,
i feel that giving me the $10 amount of cartel coins to offset my purchase of the expansion is appropriate (it's within the 30 day return policy that 99% of stores these days have after all ) look at it like you paid $10 for a 5 month head start above everybody else.

also, question to devs: what happens if/when my subscription runs out? do i lose access to the hutt cartel?

edit: butt hurt early subscribers who want cartel coins to offset 5 months worth of entertainment make me lol at their logic.
i'll give you my 1050 cartel coins if you give me 5 months of overtime at my job

Tenebram
09.10.2013 , 12:15 PM | #22
Yeah it seems like if people that bought it in the past month get cartel coins everyone that has purchased in should get coins.. that seems really crappy..

A head start doesnt mean anything.. if i could have gotten it for free i wouldnt have paid for it regardless of the wait

Bazarov
09.10.2013 , 12:16 PM | #23
Just give every subscriber that bought and/or pre-ordered the expansion the same amount of cartel coins that you're offering to the new buyers. You can even keep the title.
Fortune Legacy - POT5

Nothematic
09.10.2013 , 12:16 PM | #24
Why don't we subscribers who already bought it get the coins? Seems a bit unfair seeing as we paid for it too..
Coastas - 60 Marauder | Enaico - 60 Sorcerer | Enairo - 60 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

bamapark
09.10.2013 , 12:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
You realize it was probably a different department than the developers that decided to give the expansion to subscribers, right? So while they could be working on that someone else can give out an expansion for free.
I fully understand this, but it would be nice to see that those of us unable to play our toons will get some kind of compensation for the frustration (or even acknowledgement it's happening) instead of seeing them just giving away the game. The handling of this latest patch and the ensuing problems does not go over well when they turn right around and give away the game. Makes one wonder if they actually care about those that have faithfully paid to play the game.

DElKyiv
09.10.2013 , 12:16 PM | #26
Really, Bioware, why not to give Cartel Coins to every active subscriber who already bought this expansion before august???

Crazydone
09.10.2013 , 12:17 PM | #27
A tittle?

are you serious?

Inflicktion
09.10.2013 , 12:17 PM | #28
Title might be a little underwhelming for those who bought it early but it's certainly a good deal for everyone else. Anyone that's been playing since RotHC launched and hasn't gotten their money's worth will never be satisfied. Those of us that pre-ordered already got a bonus anyways.

Very smart move by BW with 2 other expansions being mentioned as in the works. If that's how they plan on dealing with digital expansions (meaning only one active at a time and eventually turning into subscriber benefit) I heartily approve! Heck even if it's not this is still a great one-time thing. Perhaps this means we're a bit closer to the next expansion than most of us thought.

FintonStack
09.10.2013 , 12:17 PM | #29
I don't understand BioWare's decision on this at all. They're rewarding people who buy their expansion, which is 8 euros (6 or so), which is cheap as it is, and not giving those who bought it ages ago anything for a reward for further commitment. Yeah we get 500 per month of subscription, and yeah that's nice, but it doesn't necessarily cost 'em anything to give Cartel Coins to people yet we, the people who have had this expansion and game for a good while, almost since release in my own case. And yet, I feel we are being disregarded in a horrific fashion because we have bought all there is to buy from them, yet we are still giving our good earned money to them to play this game.

Trimaxion
09.10.2013 , 12:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
You paid for 6 months of access to RotHC.
I wouldnt mind so much if I'd been told that when I paid,.