Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skilledhands
09.10.2013 , 02:46 PM | #271
Poor Bioware and their lack of common sense. Did you honestly not see this blowing up in your face? Do you not have at least one person in the marketing department with just a handful of common sense? Common sense approach to this would have been to offer anyone who bought the expansion in the last 14 days prior to being free a complete refund. 15 to 30 days out you get a one month free sub. All other current subscribers get 250 cartel coins for each month they have owned the expansion. And for all of those that pre-ordered get coins and the title.

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 02:46 PM | #272
i wonder if people will get this butt hurt if the collectors edition speeder was made available to FTPers.
yes? no? opinions please!

ALSO SEE POST #427!

spectreclees
09.10.2013 , 02:47 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
I don't care if it was 0.99. The issue is not the cost. The issue is OUR money paid for the expansion, and now it is being given to people for free when I had to pay for it.

Imagine you bought a special one item per person muffin for $5. The friend standing next to you says "screw that. I ain't paying $5 for a muffin" and leaves. Then 3 months later on the shop owner offers that same special one time muffin to people for free. You both got to enjoy the same muffin however not only did you pay for your muffin 3 months ago, but part of that $5 went towards offering more muffins for free to others.

Is that fair? The answer is no. Had you known the muffin would have been offered for free in 3 months you probably would have waited.
You are very self entitled to your 10 buck purchase you made months ago. You ever hear of sales? I bought a TV for 600 bucks a few months back. Now it's on the market for 300 bucks. Someone else is able to get my exact same TV for 300 bucks less. You are talking about 10 bucks. You must have some financial troubles if you are this broken up about 10 bucks. How have you got by in life with this happening all the time?

Another example, I bought a meal at a local drive thru. I go by next week and see people getting the meal and a free sample of something new. This happens all the time... Grow up and get over it, I say.

Brittaany_Banks
09.10.2013 , 02:47 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
People buying the expansion didn't pay for it. Money was being spent on the expansion long before it was announced. You don't own the licensing to RotHC because you bought the game.

To the example you presented: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_adjustment_(retail)
DURR
The developers spent money developing the expansion. Every $10 spent on it (including mine) was put towards recouping the costs to make the expansion. All money received over what it cost to make the expansion was put into the profit margin of EA/BioWare.

So yes I and others in the same boat purchased the expansion for you. Lrn2business.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 02:47 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by skilledhands View Post
Poor Bioware and their lack of common sense. Did you honestly not see this blowing up in your face? Do you not have at least one person in the marketing department with just a handful of common sense? Common sense approach to this would have been to offer anyone who bought the expansion in the last 14 days prior to being free a complete refund. 15 to 30 days out you get a one month free sub. All other current subscribers get 250 cartel coins for each month they have owned the expansion. And for all of those that pre-ordered get coins and the title.
Nothing blew up in their face. This will blow over in a week and no one will care. I think by common sense you mean "the approach that would benefit me"

Quote:
The developers spent money developing the expansion. Every $10 spent on it (including mine) was put towards recouping the costs to make the expansion. All money received over what it cost to make the expansion was put into the profit margin of EA/BioWare.

So yes I and others in the same boat purchased the expansion for you. Lrn2business.
I need to lrn2business yet I'm not the one who doesn't understand price protection? You realize when you bought it you forfeited that money, you don't get to decide on what business decisions they make with your money. You don't get to decide if they want to give it up for free.

If you don't like it become a stockholder in EA. Otherwise you're nothing more than a customer.

Why don't you respond to anything else? Realized I destroyed your example that was built on nothing more than rotting wood?

DarkDisturbed
09.10.2013 , 02:48 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post

Tell me, do you go and demand your money back when a movie you saw in theaters comes out on Netflix 6 months later?

spectreclees
09.10.2013 , 02:50 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Tell me, do you go and demand your money back when a movie you saw in theaters comes out on Netflix 6 months later?
This is another good example I should have put in my previous post. +1

A lot of self entitled posters ITT.

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 02:50 PM | #278
welp i'm off work now and can actually log in to play the game so i'm going to leave everybody with my parting argument i previously posted on post #247

feel free to PM me once you're account has been reset to prior your purchase of the expansion and i will provide you with the cartel coins.

if i get no PMs i will assume everybody who is butt hurt is just being a whiny face for the sake of having a tantrum.....

good day

Seraphaim
09.10.2013 , 02:52 PM | #279
I cant help but feel that this is giving the middle finger to all those that purchased RoTHC when it launched.
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 02:53 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
welp i'm off work now and can actually log in to play the game so i'm going to leave everybody with my parting argument i previously posted on post #247

feel free to PM me once you're account has been reset to prior your purchase of the expansion and i will provide you with the cartel coins.

if i get no PMs i will assume everybody who is butt hurt is just being a whiny face for the sake of having a tantrum.....

good day
Nah, you should probably assume you demanded an impossibility. EA CS aren't going to reset anyone's accounts.