Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LtGeneralGezlin's Avatar


LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 01:59 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's OK...originally I thought it was 1050 coins for all...which I thought was very generous and perfectly handled...but I was mistaken.
Who knows? Maybe, after reading this thread, BW might just decide to give all of us the 1050 CC. (Something I think we all should get, btw.) I say wait and see, and save the Pitchfork and torches for later in the week.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 01:59 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
So those who purchased it prior to August 11th get nothing as compensation. A title for $10 is robbery. If you put a title for sale on the cartel market for $10 people would laugh at you.

People who bought the expansion between August 11th and September 12th get their $10 BACK PLUS the expansion. How is that fair?
Not really. They put a title (well, achievement) on the CM that costs several hundreds of dollars to acquire and people have that.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Exly's Avatar


Exly
09.10.2013 , 02:00 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's OK...originally I thought it was 1050 coins for all...which I thought was very generous and perfectly handled...but I was mistaken.
And you would have been right if they had done it the way that you thought that they had.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.10.2013 , 02:02 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Who knows? Maybe, after reading this thread, BW might just decide to give all of us the 1050 CC. (Something I think we all should get, btw.) I say wait and see, and save the Pitchfork and torches for later in the week.
I'd be happy with 100 for each month I owned it...hell, I'd be happy with 500 or less...just more than nothing.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

BadOrb's Avatar


BadOrb
09.10.2013 , 02:03 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's OK...originally I thought it was 1050 coins for all...which I thought was very generous and perfectly handled...but I was mistaken.
it was the wording of the article , the word "puchase" future tense but it's mostly past tense , the context is slightly skeewiff to say the least. Yeah so now not so sure about giving the most recent people who bought it 1050 cc for free now. I'm also not really sure what else they could have done , apart from giving everyone that bought it 1050 cc free. A really tough one for them now.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Greenify's Avatar


Greenify
09.10.2013 , 02:03 PM | #226
What the hell.

Brittaany_Banks's Avatar


Brittaany_Banks
09.10.2013 , 02:07 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
I get to repeat myself again for someone that doesn't want to read or think critically. You've had 6 months, you paid for content that you got access to and you did get access to it and will continue to. They get their $10 back because it would be a bait and switch for EA/Bioware to make it free when you just purchased it. You're not getting a title as compensation, you got RotHC as compensation for your $10. You get a title because they appreciate you playing the game they worked on, which you must have because you clearly have the expansion and are still paying a subscription. Correct?
I was never given a choice in the matter. THAT is the difference. Had it been announced back when pre-orders were being taken that they would be offering it for free in 9 months I would have at least had the choice to spend my ten dollars then, or suffer and not enjoy the content until it was made available for free.

ALL of us who purchased this believed that would always be the only way to enjoy that content... by buying it. Now I'm being told that's not the case. That is where the flaw in your argument resides.

Furthermore, now that it is available for free my $10 did not just go towards me enjoying the content. EVERYONE who purchased the expansion has now paid for it to be available for free to people who never intended on buying it ever.

Whether you realize it or not, that is a socialist game model. It will not be able to sustain itself. Now when the next expansion comes out a vastly less number of people will buy it because they know they will just get it for free in under a year.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

LtGeneralGezlin's Avatar


LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 02:08 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'd be happy with 100 for each month I owned it...hell, I'd be happy with 500 or less...just more than nothing.
I agree. I mean, for a completionist like myself, I'll take the title. But, I wouldn't mind something else along with it, be it 500 CC, or 1050 CC. Or even a free Speeder, (That last one might be a bit much.)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

bibobpipop's Avatar


bibobpipop
09.10.2013 , 02:08 PM | #229
Nice, so now we only have to wait till f2p's get rise too, and then the game is ready for the next expansion with an increased level-cap =)

Darth_Nemisis's Avatar


Darth_Nemisis
09.10.2013 , 02:11 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
I'm still waiting for a reason why you think that anyone who disagrees with you must work at Bioware......
Heres your reason. Why in the hell would the "Three" of you trouble yourselves with trying to put out the flames? Why set here and argue with people that feel unappreciated? Why take the abuse you direct at yourselves for acting like the Bioware Defence Team? Honeslty you 3, they have public relation people they pay weekly to lie to us, they don't need you 3 comming on here to antagonize their customers.
THE SITH CODE - Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.Through Power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.The force shall set me free...