Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
09.10.2013 , 01:48 PM | #201
I'm not happy about this at all.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

RexBactapack
09.10.2013 , 01:49 PM | #202
Are you freaking kidding me? So I spent $10 on that and now everyone gets it for free? Give me my $10 back...

Rhex'or Bactapack, Level 55 Vanguard
Harbinger

JefferyClark
09.10.2013 , 01:51 PM | #203
Yeah, I'm a bit miffed at this too. Yes, there is always the argument that we paid for 6 months of early access to the content, however, that is nullified by the fact that content expansions were supposed to be free for subscribers anyway. All you are giving the loyal customers who supported the game before a month ago is a title? Seriously, it'd be better to give us nothing and say "You had 6 months of access, that is your reward." Most of us don't use titles much anyway. In pvp they just highlight your name even more. In pve, nobody is paying attention anyway. Why not give us a useful Legacy item instead, like a token to turn into a new vendor that sells things like a Legendary Relic that is Bind on Legacy or a unique weapon variant that has some new special visual effect.

So, now, in essence, those who supported the game and preordered and bought it anytime before a month ago, is getting screwed. Way to show appreciation to customers who supported the game and preordered. So when the next expansion comes out, guess what I'm going to do? Yep, that's right. I'll just wait instead of sending you more money.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

fitzwell
09.10.2013 , 01:51 PM | #204
It's like donating to kickstarter and not getting any rewards! You rock BW! Guess how many of us will wait till the next expansion is free....

nachoshark
09.10.2013 , 01:52 PM | #205
What about people who pre-ordered?
Server- Jedi Covenant - Bilzar- lvl 50 Sorcerer, Archannis- lvl 35 Sage,
Deforestar- lvl 20 Mercenary, Macklemorous- lvl 6 Warrior, Tranchlus- lvl 4 Knight,

Brittaany_Banks
09.10.2013 , 01:52 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More
So those who purchased it prior to August 11th get nothing as compensation. A title for $10 is robbery. If you put a title for sale on the cartel market for $10 people would laugh at you.

People who bought the expansion between August 11th and September 12th get their $10 BACK PLUS the expansion. How is that fair?
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

barcrow
09.10.2013 , 01:52 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by barcrow View Post
Or they could just give people who supported the game to begin with the cartel coins too and not just give them to waffling part timers or perhaps even smack-talking arseholes..that would work.
Upon reconsidering I do kind of understand their logic. People that pre-order or purchased a while ago have had adequate time for value..whereas those that just bought the game have not had the same amount of time to fully experience the content..though most probably have...so they are compensating for value lost.

Still..i'll take the coins too..lol.

TUXs
09.10.2013 , 01:52 PM | #208
It's not the measly $10...it's that I feel like I'm getting shafted for not waiting. I understand Bioware giving it away, and I agree with that...I also agree with the refund via Cartel Coins for newer purchases...I just don't think a freaking "title" is a good "thank you" to those who supported the game the past 9 months....
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

BadOrb
09.10.2013 , 01:53 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Oh come on lol...for the whole 36 hours you think enough people will be buying it that they need to single them out?! That's silly.
Meh I just realised I read it wrong , my mind was thinking it was ( for some reason ) from now until in a months time , not sure why , sorry about that I will have to rethink my position on this matter now.

EDIT - it was the wording of the article , the word "puchase" future tense but it's mostly past tense , the context is slightly skeewiff to say the least.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Eillack
09.10.2013 , 01:53 PM | #210
This is a joke right?

So...current subs who had to pay for this are getting Cartel Coins right....right...?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.