Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Exly
09.10.2013 , 01:02 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
you got 5 months of content for $10, thats $2 a month.
if you're THAT butt hurt about it, i'll trade you 1050 cartel coins for all gear, loot, silver titles story missions lvl 55 characters and everything else you've accumulated from lvl 50+ in the last 5 months....

what's that? you don't want to give me you several lvl 55 characters, your pvp/pve lvl 55 armor sets, have to redo all the story missions again for the characters who've already done them, and give me several million dollars worth of in game money and the stuff you bought with it for a measly 1050 cartel coins? well boo on you >=|
You don't seem to get it. They are giving coins to people that just bought the expansion out of appreciation. The fact that they are not doing this for everyone who bought it demonstrates a lack of appreciation to those of us who had the audacity to purchase it outside of their arbitrary date range.

Benfynyn
09.10.2013 , 01:02 PM | #132
LOL

Bioware, you so crazy.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Darth_Nemisis
09.10.2013 , 01:03 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
you got 5 months of content for $10, thats $2 a month.
if you're THAT butt hurt about it, i'll trade you 1050 cartel coins for all gear, loot, silver titles story missions lvl 55 characters and everything else you've accumulated from lvl 50+ in the last 5 months....

what's that? you don't want to give me you several lvl 55 characters, your pvp/pve lvl 55 armor sets, have to redo all the story missions again for the characters who've already done them, and give me several million dollars worth of in game money and the stuff you bought with it for a measly 1050 cartel coins? well boo on you >=|
Why? Because any normal person would think this is BS, I know my guild did. And so what if I got it 6 months ahead of people? So what, im supposed to be punished for buying the expansion earlie on and putting cash in their pockets? Think of the money they made for keeping me around 6 months longer when I was buying CC coins, items on the store, and my general subscription fee, vs what they would have lost if I got bored because of no new content and went to Guild Wars 2?
THE SITH CODE - Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.Through Power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.The force shall set me free...

Pietrastor
09.10.2013 , 01:03 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by VedaRa View Post
Yes; anyone that has worked in marketing can tell that this move is to get more players to lv55, so they can sell them the 2nd expansion. I would still put my CC on Spring of 2014.
Folks at Reddit are saying that they told some fans they have 2 expansions in pipeline at one of recent cantina tours. It really could be SSSP for Decembber and then the normal planetary/story expansion in Spring like ROTHC was. We'll see, either way the announcement should come soon

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 01:03 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nemisis View Post
Why? Because any normal person would think this is BS, I know my guild did. And so what if I got it 6 months ahead of people? So what, im supposed to be punished for buying the expansion earlie on and putting cash in their pockets? Think of the money they made for keeping me around 6 months longer when I was buying CC coins, items on the store, and my general subscription fee, vs what they would have lost if I got bored because of no new content and went to Guild Wars 2?
You got what you paid for, you paid for access to the content and you're not losing that. You aren't being punished. Nothing is being taken away from you, I don't think you know what punishment is or you're just exaggerating thinking someone will pity you.

So you're saying if you didn't pay for the content and coins you would've been bored and left? Thanks for proving my point, you can leave the thread now.

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 01:05 PM | #136
it's apparent that at this point, everybody who's butt hurt obviously has not thought this thru at all (or not enough)
both not from a company stand point or a customer stand point.

you paid $2 a month ($10 / 5 months) for expanded content, unlocks, you also got some perks if you order early as well.
that's a pretty good deal for any subscription plan regardless of where, hell the news paper charges $2 a week in my area, i wish i could get it for $2 a month.

people who bought it less then 30 days ago, find out it's free, they just wasted $10, that they could have spent on 1050 cartel coins instead.

by giving EVERYBODY 1050 cartel coins you're basicly slapping new purchasers in the face because they've now lost out on that 5 months of bonus content because they waited, or are new comers, etc etc.

honestly i've not heard 1 person in this forum yet give a reason WHY they want those 5 months back, all it's been is "OMG I'M BUTT HURT COZ I TRADED 1050 CC FOR 5 MONTHS OF PLAY D: WWWAAAAHHH!! BUTT HURT IS HURTFUL! D: "

NivekRo
09.10.2013 , 01:05 PM | #137
EA/BioWare make money from these things: boxed game, digital expansion, subscription, cartel market purchases.

If they give everyone who ever bought the expansion 1050 cartel coins; they're potentially drastically reducing their income from every single subscriber who purchased the expansion.

People paid for the expansion to gain access to content. They received access to that content. BioWare are compensating the people who purchased the expansion very recently and potentially haven't actually been able to access that content; or at least not for any significant time.... I really don't see the problem with that.

There's more they could do to make something like this more palatable to some of their subscribers; but the reality is you paid to access content and they gave you that content... they've not taken anything away from you.

Many of you really need to grow up.

RaiderMid
09.10.2013 , 01:06 PM | #138
I can't complain too much. Sucks that I bought the expansion on August 9th and will miss out on the cc's though.
Oh well, life goes on.

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 01:06 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
You got what you paid for, you paid for access to the content and you're not losing that. You aren't being punished. Nothing is being taken away from you, I don't think you know what punishment is or you're just exaggerating thinking someone will pity you.

So you're saying if you didn't pay for the content and coins you would've been bored and left? Thanks for proving my point, you can leave the thread now.

So let's assume you have some knowledge or ability to anticipate how gamers, and specifically MMO gamers, react to things like this announcement.

Do you, Kalshic, think this move is a bright or not so bright PR move?

LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 01:07 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post

^Seconded.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.