Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 12:53 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nemisis View Post
Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just not getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

P.S How much does EA pay you to troll unhappy customers?
you got 5 months of content for $10, thats $2 a month.
if you're THAT butt hurt about it, i'll trade you 1050 cartel coins for all gear, loot, silver titles story missions lvl 55 characters and everything else you've accumulated from lvl 50+ in the last 5 months....

what's that? you don't want to give me you several lvl 55 characters, your pvp/pve lvl 55 armor sets, have to redo all the story missions again for the characters who've already done them, and give me several million dollars worth of in game money and the stuff you bought with it for a measly 1050 cartel coins? well boo on you >=|

LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 12:53 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nemisis View Post
Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just now getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

P.S How much does EA pay you to troll unhappy customers?
I want to ask you something, truthfully. Why do people think that ANYONE that disagrees with them MUST work for BW/EA? Really? Why do you think this?
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

AlaricSevGirl
09.10.2013 , 12:56 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by DocWookieChris View Post
You got to enjoy a game you valued the entire time. A few preorder goodies. First dibs at many new challenges. 6+ months access to new content. But yeah, poor you.
As you could have too. But people who just don't bother buying it because they didn't want to, now get it free and those of us who paid for it, well.....
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiorden, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 12:57 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Gee, I wonder if there's a way they could have both attracted new subscribers and manged to not piss off old, extraordinarily loyal ones. I mean, a way that's not already posted in this thread half a dozen times...
if only they could also do it in a way that's not making them lose several thousand (possibly millions) of dollars aswell,

nobody's suggested it but maybe giving everybody 1050 cartel coins and then giving people who bought it more then a month ago an extra 150 coins for every month they've already owned the expansion.

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 12:57 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
As you could have too. But people who just don't bother buying it because they didn't want to, now get it free and those of us who paid for it, well.....
Please, find me 10 people that have been playing for 6 months, didn't buy the expansion, and have paid for a subscription. I'd like proof too. Chances are you're just using conjecture to get what you want, which is free stuff.

jprife
09.10.2013 , 12:58 PM | #126
Whut? I prepaid for the expansion early in the year as a longtime continuous subscriber since launch, and I'm only getting a title instead of the 1,050 cartel coins????

That's just a bunch of hooey! Poor show, Bioware! Poor show!

Darth_Nemisis
09.10.2013 , 01:00 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
I want to ask you something, truthfully. Why do people think that ANYONE that disagrees with them MUST work for BW/EA? Really? Why do you think this?
Why? Because any normal person would think this is BS, I know my guild did. And so what if I got it 6 months ahead of people? So what, im supposed to be punished for buying the expansion earlie on and putting cash in their pockets? Think of the money they made for keeping me around 6 months longer when I was buying CC coins, items on the store, and my general subscription fee, vs what they would have lost if I got bored because of no new content and went to Guild Wars 2?
THE SITH CODE - Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.Through Power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.The force shall set me free...

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 01:00 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
if only they could do also do it in a way that's not making them lose several thousand (possibly millions) of dollars aswell,

nobody's suggested it but maybe giving everybody 1050 cartel coins and then giving people who bought it more then a month ago an extra 150 coins for every month they've already owned the expansion.
Except they wouldn't be losing several thousand dollars by giving everyone who bought RotHC 1050CC's. They would only be losing the value of what those subscribers would have purchased but choose not to because of the "free" CC's.

How many subscribers would have purchased 1,050CC's but instead would not because they're getting it for free? Some percentage, sure. And some will buy another 1,050 on top of the free ones. At $10 for that purchase it's not going to be a significant revenue loss.

It's like a store giving you a coupon. Yep, if someone comes in and buys JUST that thing, you miss out on some revenue. But those very few cases are more than made up for by others who come in and buy more stuff than just the couponed item.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

DarrelK
09.10.2013 , 01:02 PM | #129
Good move. Really, RotHC is getting old so Subscribers having it for free is really good and gives others incentive to subscribe. As a matter of fact, I subscribed last month for the exact same reason - to get RotHC (better deal to have sub+RotHC than just RotHC). I can see why the people who bought the expansion early might be pissed off by the lack of rewards, but seriosly, if you bought it 5-6 months ago, why should you be pissed that it is becoming sub perk? I mean, purchasing it like 1-2 weeks before it went free would have been extremely annoying, since almost anyone would have prefered to wait for such a short time and save some money. However I doubt any of the early adopters would have preferred to stay restricted to lvl 50 and practically half of the content for 6 months to wait for free expansion.

yoshua
09.10.2013 , 01:02 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
You realize thats the hamster wheel EVERY MMO has right? Vanilla comes out, grab top tier gear etc etc. New expansion comes out, old gear is worthless grab new gear. Rinse, repeat and in Biowares case throw in extremely terrible armor designs while putting better looking stuff on a cash shop.
True, but they give more than 2 days notice that it is going live and do not give cartel coins/in game currency as recompense to only a portion of the people they sold it to.

It either goes free, or is bundled with the next expansion. This is not a well though rolled out plan, and it alienates the people who HAVE been loyal by showing NO loyalty to them.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!