Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nafka
09.10.2013 , 12:49 PM | #111
How could they have thought any of this was a good idea there is going to be soo much backlash

WillCaedes
09.10.2013 , 12:50 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Covaltage View Post
That would be incredible! especially If it doesn't have a level cap increase on it, then I won't have to buy it at all! (I know, some of you guys really like space combat, I'm just not really into star fox). The implication of another paid expansion coming so soon is the only part of this announcement that bothers me, because based on what happened to the level 50 gear after ROTHC came out, I'm really not looking forward to my gear becoming worthless again.
You realize thats the hamster wheel EVERY MMO has right? Vanilla comes out, grab top tier gear etc etc. New expansion comes out, old gear is worthless grab new gear. Rinse, repeat and in Biowares case throw in extremely terrible armor designs while putting better looking stuff on a cash shop.

Pietrastor
09.10.2013 , 12:50 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Also, it would a first, in the MMO world, I think.
But would fit if we think of their expansion model more as DLC/Episodes, rather than WOW $40 bi-annual expansions. That expansion model is very archaic and only MMOs bbasically still bother with it.

yoshua
09.10.2013 , 12:50 PM | #114
Seriously?

As a loyal subscriber I do not get the 1050 cartel coins because I supported your game and purchased the expansion at early release?

You can say 'you got your monies worth' but in reality you are saying 'your loyalty means less than pissing off the new player that started in august and picked it up'

Get ready for the next exodus of irritated subscribers moving to free to play.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 12:50 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Nafka View Post
How could they have thought any of this was a good idea there is going to be soo much backlash
There's a key word in your post...

WillCaedes
09.10.2013 , 12:51 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshua View Post
Seriously?

As a loyal subscriber I do not get the 1050 cartel coins because I supported your game and purchased the expansion at early release?

You can say 'you got your monies worth' but in reality you are saying 'your loyalty means less than pissing off the new player that started in august and picked it up'

Get ready for the next exodus of irritated subscribers moving to free to play.
So basically going by your logic, in a move to gain new subscribers, they have inevitably pissed off the old subscribers and are losing them?

Jekan
09.10.2013 , 12:52 PM | #117
I've played since beta, been a subscriber 90% of the time since then, and at first I was pissed. I'm still highly annoyed and think a grant of 1050 coins to all subscribers who have it before it goes free would be nice.

A title...is weak.
Jekana - 55 Sniper(Eng/Leth) | T'vor - 50 Powertech (Shield) | Docfeelgood - 44 Sorc (Healer)
Jīnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

I've heard there are worse snipers on the Bastion than me, but I don't believe it. I elevate being a scrub to a whole new level.
Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 12:52 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nemisis View Post
Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just not getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

P.S How much does EA pay you to troll unhappy customers?
You got what you paid for, deal with it. You do think you're entitled whether you're accepting that fact or not. Don't be a child.

EA is avoiding a lawsuit by giving recent purchasers the coins. They can't just sell things to people one day and give it out for free the next. You don't apply to this because you've been a happy customer for the past 6 months apparently.

LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 12:52 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
This is because the average MMO player feels they are entitled to everything in the world, they are the same ones that would cry as a child because they saw a kid walking down the street with an ice cream and they didn't have one.
Ah... that makes a lot of sense.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 12:52 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
So basically going by your logic, in a move to gain new subscribers, they have inevitably pissed off the old subscribers and are losing them?
Gee, I wonder if there's a way they could have both attracted new subscribers and manged to not piss off old, extraordinarily loyal ones. I mean, a way that's not already posted in this thread half a dozen times...