Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

homsikpanda
09.10.2013 , 12:47 PM | #101
maybe if all the butt hurt, early/pre-order people who bought the release prior to the 11th could make a petition to have bioware engineer a time machine so you could go back in time and tell yourself to not spend the next 5 months playing expanded content for $10 because it's going to be free in 6 months
that's a savings of nearly $2 a month! =o HOLY **** YOU'RE RICH NOW!

Nafka
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #102
***!!?? did you realy think us Subbers who have been there since day one and preordered the expansion are going to just lay here and take it without lube??

Im calling total b******t on you EA/BIO you suck and this shows just how much you REALY appreciate us subscribers and the people who stuck with it and even did the preorder.

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
What is it with some MMO players and the term "Slap in the face"?
This is because the average MMO player feels they are entitled to everything in the world, they are the same ones that would cry as a child because they saw a kid walking down the street with an ice cream and they didn't have one.

Covaltage
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
I hope that they do make the space thing an expansion. That way I will not feel bad when I decide not to purchase it.
That would be incredible! especially If it doesn't have a level cap increase on it, then I won't have to buy it at all! (I know, some of you guys really like space combat, I'm just not really into star fox). The implication of another paid expansion coming so soon is the only part of this announcement that bothers me, because based on what happened to the level 50 gear after ROTHC came out, I'm really not looking forward to my gear becoming worthless again.
Mozze - POT5

VedaRa
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
First thought - they're getting ready for announcement and release of the 2nd expansion. I still think it's gonna be in Spring but now I'm starting to wonder if they're making SSSP into a Christmas expansion
Yes; anyone that has worked in marketing can tell that this move is to get more players to lv55, so they can sell them the 2nd expansion. I would still put my CC on Spring of 2014.
Lieutenant Commander Veda Ra
The Imperial Guard
http://www.imperialguard.org

WillCaedes
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I came here thinking, "This is going to be so entertaining."

And it will be.

Oh yes. It will be.

Rewarding late adopters and non-adopters to a far greater degree than early adopters ensures the entertainment value of this decision and this thread.
I shall join you in the lols as Bioware crashes and burns upon the rocky shores of their crafting. *munches popcorn*
Audio Customization for Weapons:
Thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...45#post7864645
Poll: http://goo.gl/Y1Mvfk

chuixupu
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #107
I expected this, it's honestly pretty normal. Though I was expecting it to just go down to like $2.99 rather than free. Just like you can buy all 4 previous editions of WoW for $5 total for all of them together. I'm not angry that I bought all those editions for $40 each when they came out.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

PorsaLindahl
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #108
Maybe they made some off-the-wall deal with Arenanet...

Risen.

Now we can all be undead minions.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power. I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony. Immortal in the Force.

JaingSkiratapwns
09.10.2013 , 12:48 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatheadMonster View Post
I feel like the title "The Risen" doesn't even make any sense in the context of what "The Rise of the Hutt Cartel" was. How exactly did our characters become "The Risen" during the story? That must have taken like what 5 minutes to think up? And another 5 to create?

More to the point, the title should be something that more accurately reflects the situation here today. I suggest that they change the free title to "The Sucker", "The Naive", "The Exploited", "The Cash Cow", or "The One Who Should Have Seen It Coming".
I love this post. +10
[
Plays on POT5

Darth_Nemisis
09.10.2013 , 12:49 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
You got a statue, you got 6 months of entertainment. Is that not what you wanted when you purchased it?

Dude, stop acting entitled to everything under the sun. You paid for the content and you got it, you got 6 months of being entertained. If you weren't entertained you could've left 5 months ago, but it seems like you were since you stayed so I'm going to assume you got what you paid for too.
Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just now getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

P.S How much does EA pay you to troll unhappy customers?
THE SITH CODE - Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.Through Power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.The force shall set me free...