Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Final Wave Today Done?

Equus
12.13.2011 , 03:39 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Niliu View Post
Well, I figured something like this would happen. I expected it not to be a just and fair "First come, first serve" system. They made it random I guess. I hope your hubby was a gentleman and offered to wait for you, or better still, offered to let you play.
Thanks. I would never deprive my hubby of such a thing! LOL! I'll just watch lol. I have a final I need to be studying for anyway!
Equus

Guild Leader
-Shadow of Eclipse-

Celwinn
12.13.2011 , 03:40 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by knocho View Post
this is why you don't let a console production team make a MMO they should of asked rift how they got 1 mill players on in 1 day with no server restarts on day 1.. fail of a company
While I wouldn't call Bioware fail, I'm wondering the same thing.

Trion did it perfectly with Rift (True there were some queues, but that's because everyone tried to pile on the same server) so why can't Bioware do it with TOR?

Again, I'm not calling Bioware out but I am genuinely curious about this.
Don't let the past define you

Equus
12.13.2011 , 03:40 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDevilsOwnHand View Post
We only got 5 waves today so the devs would have plenty of time to high five each other over what an awesome jobby they did... >.>
Preorder code went in the 28th, pretty disappointed they didn't even get through July today...
Ours was the same day. My husband got the invite, but I didn't.
Equus

Guild Leader
-Shadow of Eclipse-

Pthulhu
12.13.2011 , 03:40 PM | #114
Originally Posted by Kinegos
This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

COPY AND PASTE!

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Niliu
12.13.2011 , 03:41 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Thanks. I would never deprive my hubby of such a thing! LOL! I'll just watch lol. I have a final I need to be studying for anyway!
lol, yea, i have exams all week... but eff em i want star wars

Corvasio
12.13.2011 , 03:44 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Pthulhu View Post
This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

COPY AND PASTE!

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I agree.
The cake is a lie!

Jathera
12.13.2011 , 04:00 PM | #117
I was hoping it would be a continuous phase in with waves every 2-3 hours until all were invited. I know it is 'Early' access, but playing it too safe is pointless since on the 20th you will be pummeling your servers when they come back up anyway. Better to crash in EGA than on live launch day.
For enough credits ANYTHING is possible.

Laugh it up fuzzball! - Han Solo

dendaros
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Pthulhu View Post

COPY AND PASTE!

i dont agree. so since you bought the CE your intitle to erly acess more then me?hell no.If you want to play a game where real money will give you a adventage go back to blizzard and wait for diablo 3 and its real money AH.
I find your lack of faith disturbing

Cfullard
12.13.2011 , 04:14 PM | #119
What part of - WE MOVED IT UP FROM THE 15TH - does everyone not understand? This blows my mind. I mean I hate to sound like a fan-boy here but come on they are doing us a favor by moving the early access date forward. Rest assured you will get in some time before the 15th ( I hope so I don't end up eating crow).

The bad part is some of you are being downright disrespectful of the developers in this situation. I mean, with all the work they put into this and now you're being troglodytes about two days. Come on, seriously I can't harp on this enough that you were not even supposed to be in before the 15th and this was a recent change. If by some weird fluke you somehow do NOT get in on the 15th then you have all the right in the world to complain. Right now? I'd be pleased you were receiving this gift and not be slapping it in the face.

Equus
12.13.2011 , 04:19 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Cfullard View Post
What part of - WE MOVED IT UP FROM THE 15TH - does everyone not understand? This blows my mind. I mean I hate to sound like a fan-boy here but come on they are doing us a favor by moving the early access date forward. Rest assured you will get in some time before the 15th ( I hope so I don't end up eating crow).

The bad part is some of you are being downright disrespectful of the developers in this situation. I mean, with all the work they put into this and now you're being troglodytes about two days. Come on, seriously I can't harp on this enough that you were not even supposed to be in before the 15th and this was a recent change. If by some weird fluke you somehow do NOT get in on the 15th then you have all the right in the world to complain. Right now? I'd be pleased you were receiving this gift and not be slapping it in the face.
LOL! You said it all!!!!
Equus

Guild Leader
-Shadow of Eclipse-