Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

agrippa
01.13.2012 , 12:36 PM | #21
The first flashpoint drops one I think

Khadroth
01.13.2012 , 12:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by agrippa View Post
The first flashpoint drops one I think
Nope.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Divona
01.13.2012 , 12:52 PM | #23
Hmm odd, on my server i bought from market for 4k credits lower level orange techblade

Not sure where it came, but i was quite happy as it was cheap.

Khadroth
01.13.2012 , 01:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Divona View Post
Hmm odd, on my server i bought from market for 4k credits lower level orange techblade

Not sure where it came, but i was quite happy as it was cheap.
Doubtful, as orange indicates that you can remove all pieces. Given that no +AIM hilts exist in the game, there's no way you could remove the hilt from such a weapon, meaning that it couldn't be orange.

You're either confusing it with a vibrosword or electrostaff, or it wasn't moddable at all.

Tiberiousfox
01.13.2012 , 02:37 PM | #25
A fully moddable techblade drops of the last heroic of the belsavis bonus series level 44 i have 2 of them one i got off the GTN and the other i got from a drop, happy hunting.

Khadroth
01.13.2012 , 02:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiberiousfox View Post
A fully moddable techblade drops of the last heroic of the belsavis bonus series level 44 i have 2 of them one i got off the GTN and the other i got from a drop, happy hunting.
Please don't post misinformation. This is completely untrue.

A.) The belsavis bonus series is lvl 50 only.
B.) The quest in question gives an option to choose a lvl 50 moddable version of every single companion's weapon EXCEPT for Techblade wielding characters. In which case their weapon is a lvl 50 blue unmoddable item.

It really irks me when people troll like this.

Ackmanya
01.13.2012 , 03:27 PM | #27
It IS annoying but honestly it doesn't have much of a impact on the whole. I mean while you're leveling nearly every planet has one you can buy. As far as level capped content he is only used for dailys and/or gathering runs. Not to mention the fact that if you must have a moldable weapon now...there are quite a few other companions to chose from.

Onager
01.13.2012 , 03:51 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackmanya View Post
It IS annoying but honestly it doesn't have much of a impact on the whole. I mean while you're leveling nearly every planet has one you can buy. As far as level capped content he is only used for dailys and/or gathering runs. Not to mention the fact that if you must have a moldable weapon now...there are quite a few other companions to chose from.
That, and I retired Qyzen the second I got Tharan. Just jockey aggro with him and you're fine.

Healing specced sages have pretty decent dps anyways, I'm sure it takes me longer than a pure dps class to kill stuff (especially a gunner lol) but I don't really find myself roiling in frustration over my kill speed, and I pretty much can't die if I watch my pulls. (Which is a big 'if'. I still do die all the time, but it's always my fault when it happens.)
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Streamweaver
01.16.2012 , 01:18 AM | #29
I think this is because until very late in beta Qyzen was using a Vibrosword. They didn't really seem to plan much for him, it was a bad match for a weapon, they switched him over to techblade and then never adjusted the game so they appear. Armature mistake and really hurts the Healing Sages where he's the only real viable pet.

kphutchison
02.02.2012 , 08:48 AM | #30
That excuse doesn't hold water though since Tanno Vik uses a techblade too and I believe he's always been Aim based.
If this just affected Qyzen I could understand, but it affects Vik and other companions too, not sure on which others since I've only played a Sage and a Commando.