Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't launch the game. Help me please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can't launch the game. Help me please?

Hostility
12.21.2011 , 04:10 PM | #1
Okay, so I have installed the game fine and am running the program as an administrator, but the game just will not seem to launch. Everything downloaded fine but when I click play nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yorc
12.21.2011 , 04:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
Okay, so I have installed the game fine and am running the program as an administrator, but the game just will not seem to launch. Everything downloaded fine but when I click play nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
same me and my friend downloaded the game. and when we launched it. the game would run the first video and then the game crashed. now it will not even run the pre game video and it will just crash. plz help

Hostility
12.21.2011 , 04:16 PM | #3
It won't even start up for me. I press play, then the play button greys out, and nothing happens haha I'm just sitting in the welcome menu.

Staticclean
12.21.2011 , 04:17 PM | #4
Temporarily turn off your anti-virus/internet security. See if it launches.

Most AV programs have a "Learning" option, you could set that instead of turning it off completely and it should work also.

I'm saying this because I had the same problem, and switching to learning mode worked for me.

Aztrazolo
12.21.2011 , 04:19 PM | #5
What happens for me is once I click play from the launcher everything just goes away and the game won't launch. If I try to relaunch the game tries to open but gets stuck on a black screen and I have to force the client to close.

I am also having to grant the game permission from windows every time I open it, whether I launch it as administrator or not.

Hostility
12.21.2011 , 04:44 PM | #6
Now when I click the play button I get a triangular caution symbol in the bottom left side and text that reads "Was not able to launch this game."

Nothematic
12.21.2011 , 04:55 PM | #7
On the first start up it takes a while to start. Took mine 10 minutes before anything happened, just don't mass click etc. or it might freeze.

Hostility
12.21.2011 , 04:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
On the first start up it takes a while to start. Took mine 10 minutes before anything happened, just don't mass click etc. or it might freeze.
The launcher window is opening just fine. Right now I'm just stuck at the point where I hit play and in the bottom left it says "Was unable to launch the game."

Hostility
12.21.2011 , 05:09 PM | #9
bumpp