Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency explosion during login

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Latency explosion during login
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 09:00 AM | #21
A quick news i just hit the 180k right now, of course i can't even move.
From what i can see from WTFast the connection is low, i just go at 1.5kb/sec in download and 0.5kb/sec in upload.

But this problem is only with swtor, i actually can play any other games online correctly, such as LFD2, Battlefield 3 and so on.

Another thing is that with WTFast after 3/4 minutes of big latency it start to drop and i can reach 100 ms, but is really oscillating between 100 and 2k as maximum. Without WTFast it never start to drop but it always grow.

Any help will be appreciated thanks.
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Naugor
09.11.2013 , 10:35 AM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Another thing you could check are whether your Antivirus and Firewall settings are good and all ports (step IV) are opened correctly?

A longshot would be power-cycling your router and flushing your DNS cache.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Elminster_cs
09.14.2013 , 05:23 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Another thing you could check are whether your Antivirus and Firewall settings are good and all ports (step IV) are opened correctly?

A longshot would be power-cycling your router and flushing your DNS cache.
I have done all, i can't really understand why this latency. 2 years of game, same provider, never had problem.

Elminster_cs
09.14.2013 , 07:36 AM | #24
New update i found that:

- if i use another account from this pc, it is all fine.
- just if i use my account, even from the laptop, the latency explode

Elminster_cs
09.14.2013 , 10:21 AM | #25
I tried to catch jitter differences between my girlfriend's account and mine, with ping plotter.

Same pc, same connection.
Here is the result using my girlfriend's account:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9493/03zc.png

And the result with my account:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5589/v2np.png

Her account works very well on my pc, without latency issues, but, when I try to log in with mine, latency reappears.
I'm in a cleft stick! Any suggestion?

Elminster_cs
09.15.2013 , 03:58 AM | #26
bump of course

Elminster_cs
09.16.2013 , 09:57 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
I tried to catch jitter differences between my girlfriend's account and mine, with ping plotter.

Same pc, same connection.
Here is the result using my girlfriend's account:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9493/03zc.png

And the result with my account:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5589/v2np.png

Her account works very well on my pc, without latency issues, but, when I try to log in with mine, latency reappears.
I'm in a cleft stick! Any suggestion?
BUMP still having problem

Hellprawn
09.16.2013 , 11:55 AM | #28
Bump again... as that might point to a cause. is your character carrying/wearing any of the new gear from patch 2.3?
Very curious why a new account would be fine but an old one lags so much (from server side).

Naugor
09.16.2013 , 01:35 PM | #29 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
You have deleted the DiskCacheArena file ?
Hi again Elminster_cs,

Can you confirm that you have done this? From your description, this help may help resolve the issue you are seeing, but I am unsure if you actually ended up deleting the file.

Thank you for checking and confirming.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Elminster_cs
09.16.2013 , 05:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hi again Elminster_cs,

Can you confirm that you have done this? From your description, this help may help resolve the issue you are seeing, but I am unsure if you actually ended up deleting the file.

Thank you for checking and confirming.

Yes for sure I have try all. More than one time, i also try to disable and try various configuration of my adapter, removing QoS packet scheduler, IPv6 and so on.

I can't understand why i lag with one account and the other one i don't have any problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hellprawn View Post
Bump again... as that might point to a cause. is your character carrying/wearing any of the new gear from patch 2.3?
Very curious why a new account would be fine but an old one lags so much (from server side).
No because it lags with all the characters in my account i have 14 toons.
My girlfriend with her account, same connection (from here), same pc, don't have any problem.

I also try my account from another Pc with a different connection (at my girlfriend home) and it works fine. I can't really understand where the problem is. Sigh is about one week or more that i can't play well, and in these 2 years never had problem

EDIT:
What i think is that i have problem with "heavy load" place, things, and so on so my latency explode. My girlfriend account have lesser information to load on login and so she don't have any problem from here.
It seams something like this, but i don't have any proof of it of course.

Please let me know if you need additional information.