Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Czerka Corporate Labs: Chief Zokar encounter vs. latency

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Czerka Corporate Labs: Chief Zokar encounter vs. latency

Laurreth
09.09.2013 , 04:28 AM | #1
I think Chief Zokar's "rocket launcher" ability needs to have a bit more telegraphing, or the encounter needs to be made more robust against latency in other ways. I can only describe the current erratic behaviour as a bug (which is why I'm posting it here), and it's really a fun breaker in that flashpoint.

The issue is that the delay between a random target GTAE rocket launcher attack, which can and frequently does one-hit group members if they're not at 100% health, is too short to evade it if even a minimal amount of latency is involved. I've often found myself fleeing (Sage) from the ground marker across the entire room, only to be teleported back to the impact site on death. Observing other party members, I've seen them move well out of the marker before the same happened to them.
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

Never_Hesitate
09.09.2013 , 05:18 AM | #2
Yes, please give us a bit more time, it's so frustrating.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Laiov
09.09.2013 , 09:30 AM | #3
This has happened to me a handful of times as well. Although I don't often encounter this problem, there have been a few instances when I've been well outside of the red reticle - and I don't just mean 'technically' outside, but two or three full character lengths away from it - and I find myself teleported back and killed anyway. It seems like a bug because I've noted my ping when this occurs and it has been 43-48ms, which is normal for me, and I am not regularly encountering this issue.

It might be the case that the hit is being assigned when the missile is fired rather than when it lands, or something like that.
Main: 55 Sorcerer @ The Shadowlands
Origin: 50 Sniper @ Thana Vesh

Zohkar
09.09.2013 , 03:13 PM | #4
It's called the rubber-band effect. The game will rubber-band you back to where you started a hard cast and cause you to take the damage as you never moved. Introduced a long time ago and commented several times in other venues, like player vs. player and operations like Explosive Conflict on Zoth and Toth fight red circles. Only way I manage the fight as a healing sorcerer, is use my bubble, 2 instant cast spells and hope someone else gets the red reticle so I can do a hard cast other wise im running around like a school girl.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

midianlord
12.31.2013 , 11:35 PM | #5
Still happening on the Security Chief in Czerka Corp. Labs [HARD].

Just had like 3 wipes on him and 25k cred repair-bill, and I and the other party members were well out of the reticle when the effect landed, but we still got one-shotted.

Fix this.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

rantboi
01.01.2014 , 06:42 AM | #6
if you jump when running out of the circle you don't get pulled back into it

vadess
01.05.2014 , 01:40 PM | #7
Agreed, this bug needs to be fixed and/or the red circle part done away with as it is making the boss in some ways unbeatable.
Noxturna- DPS Juggernaut, Begeren Colony
Caedusios- Tanking Assassin, Begeren Colony
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

prairieprof
01.06.2014 , 08:12 AM | #8
/signed.

Yes please resolve this issue.

Bstr
01.07.2014 , 10:07 AM | #9
Had this Monday on my Mercenary.

I had used Hydraulic Overrides and was on the other side of the room from the red circle, yet the rocket hit me.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

Kunovega
02.04.2014 , 05:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
if you jump when running out of the circle you don't get pulled back into it
I can confirm this works.

The bug is still annoying; but I was able to solo the encounter with Chief Zokar by jumping out of the circles. Without jumping out of the circles it was impossible to try soloing him because there was no way to avoid the missiles, some of them would always snap you back in and kill you.

I looked like a jumping idiot, but once you avoid the missiles he's a pretty easy 1v1 encounter
This is not the signature you're looking for...