Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Dyes Added, Then Removed?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
09.09.2013 , 09:33 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Daynna View Post
By using the force. Geez pull your head out and get with the program.
Of course, how could I have been so ignorant! With the force you can do anything.... or so Ashara says...

anesvik's Avatar


anesvik
09.09.2013 , 09:33 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric
That is pretty messed up. Because when the servers came up they were not there. Then later that same day, there they are. Cool. Then I go to buy one, THE SAME DAY, and they are gone. Now I understand limited availability. Like with the Revan title, 24hrs. But the Dyes were on the market for 4 hours...hopefully you now have a few job openings for this mistake...
Death to all whom oppose us!

Darth_Exar's Avatar


Darth_Exar
09.09.2013 , 09:38 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric
If something has a Limited time in store, cant you create a clock timer on the specific item in big flashy yellow lights with LIMITED TIME ONLY ? Would probably be helpful in the future
"So this is how Liberty dies....With thunderous applause."

manchusabre's Avatar


manchusabre
09.09.2013 , 10:01 PM | #164
Wow, so Bioware feels the price is right. Funny how they won't really discuss the reason for the absurd price for a one time use item. This is just crazy that so many other mmos have more customizations options that aren't such a blatant price gouge. I have been a sub since launch and am feeling so cheap and used right now. I guess I don't matter unless I'm buying stuff off the cartel market.

Eisley's Avatar


Eisley
09.09.2013 , 10:10 PM | #165
Some of you seriously believe this hog wash "limited time" crap? What planet are you on? The prices were obviously astronomical and the immediate uproar whipped their idiocy back to reality. More likely than not, when they're re-released the prices will be lower. $20 USD for a single colour dye kit... /facepalm

Seriously EAWARE... seriously...
Light sabers dont kill Sith... I kill Sith.

Kurgun's Avatar


Kurgun
09.09.2013 , 10:11 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by manchusabre View Post
Wow, so Bioware feels the price is right. Funny how they won't really discuss the reason for the absurd price for a one time use item. This is just crazy that so many other mmos have more customizations options that aren't such a blatant price gouge. I have been a sub since launch and am feeling so cheap and used right now. I guess I don't matter unless I'm buying stuff off the cartel market.
It really is a kick in groin to those of us who are still subscribers. The enter dye debacle could have easily been avoided had it actually been what the players asked for, and NOT some gimmick to just rake in more cash for Bioware. I am all for a reasonable amount for profit but they have taken it all to an entirely new level. This is slowly becoming one of my most frustrating experiences since I have been gaming. It is even getting worse than my experiences with Ubisoft and there asinine decisions.
"He's No Good to Me Dead"

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
09.09.2013 , 10:24 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Eisley View Post
Some of you seriously believe this hog wash "limited time" crap? What planet are you on? The prices were obviously astronomical and the immediate uproar whipped their idiocy back to reality. More likely than not, when they're re-released the prices will be lower. $20 USD for a single colour dye kit... /facepalm

Seriously EAWARE... seriously...
They said the prices will be the same on their return. But hey if you wanna live in your delusional fantasy go right ahead.

CO_DAIGO's Avatar


CO_DAIGO
09.09.2013 , 10:32 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Mister_Awesome View Post
I wish I would of known it was temporary, I would have considered forking up some CC's for it. Very disappointed in in the lack of communication. At this point in the game's life, things like this, in my opinion, are a tad inexcusable.
^Bump
DAIGO
Revan's Legacy
"You keep what you kill"

Arenatah's Avatar


Arenatah
09.09.2013 , 10:36 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric
Not gonna lie, it's really skeezy that you did that, even if it was "unintentional".
The right thing to do is put them up again for a little while, this time LETTING PEOPLE KNOW when they'll be removed.

I didn't want to buy any myself, as I'm not interested in paying twenty fraking bucks for a one-use dye, but I feel bad for anyone who bought cartel coins with the intent of p*ssing their money away on dye only to have them removed, leaving them with twenty bucks' worth of funny money they can't even spend on what they wanted to.

Quote: Originally Posted by manchusabre View Post
Wow, so Bioware feels the price is right. Funny how they won't really discuss the reason for the absurd price for a one time use item. This is just crazy that so many other mmos have more customizations options that aren't such a blatant price gouge. I have been a sub since launch and am feeling so cheap and used right now. I guess I don't matter unless I'm buying stuff off the cartel market.
I know, right? Glad to know I'm a valued customer
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

DarthVengeant's Avatar


DarthVengeant
09.09.2013 , 10:42 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
No the rumor was people were saying these got pulled because Bioware was gonna re-price them, which wasn't true, and as such I laughed.
And I said nothing about that in my post. So, your comment is irrelevant.