Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Help - Not sure where to post this

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Help - Not sure where to post this

jedimurtha's Avatar


jedimurtha
09.07.2013 , 06:58 PM | #1
Hello, I am having issues with my Jedi defeating Valis at the abandoned mining facility. I have tried many times with different methods and still cannot beat this character.

Is there any player with a high level Jedi characterthan can help me beat Valis?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
09.07.2013 , 08:10 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimurtha View Post
Hello, I am having issues with my Jedi defeating Valis at the abandoned mining facility. I have tried many times with different methods and still cannot beat this character.

Is there any player with a high level Jedi characterthan can help me beat Valis?

Please let me know.

Thank you.
1. Force Stasis is your friend, use it wisely
2. It's possible to "cheat" and swap Kira out for T7 just before the fight starts. Timing is everything though.
3. Try and position your back against a wall so he doesn't throw you 40m away.
4. Use your Heroic moment.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

jedimurtha's Avatar


jedimurtha
09.07.2013 , 09:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
1. Force Stasis is your friend, use it wisely
2. It's possible to "cheat" and swap Kira out for T7 just before the fight starts. Timing is everything though.
3. Try and position your back against a wall so he doesn't throw you 40m away.
4. Use your Heroic moment.
Thank you Ashla. I have read the posts here and other websites with the same kind of advice. I have tried this without any success. The cool downs seem to be too long, and I can't seem to come close to doing enough damage to Visla. At this point I have invested more time on this part of the game than I would consider reasonable, in my opinion. I am just looking for some help, defeat this character and move on.

I have only been playing this game for a short while, and this is my first MMO game and I am only playing because I am a huge Star Wars fan. I had hoped they were going to do a console or non-MMO version of this game but no luck.

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
09.07.2013 , 11:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimurtha View Post
Thank you Ashla. I have read the posts here and other websites with the same kind of advice. I have tried this without any success. The cool downs seem to be too long, and I can't seem to come close to doing enough damage to Visla. At this point I have invested more time on this part of the game than I would consider reasonable, in my opinion. I am just looking for some help, defeat this character and move on.

I have only been playing this game for a short while, and this is my first MMO game and I am only playing because I am a huge Star Wars fan. I had hoped they were going to do a console or non-MMO version of this game but no luck.
I do sympathize with you that boss is tough, but interrupt is your friend as well. Especially with casting abilities he uses. However, hoping that their will be a single player version and console version of this game is waste of time because it won't happen.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

jedimurtha's Avatar


jedimurtha
09.08.2013 , 10:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
I do sympathize with you that boss is tough, but interrupt is your friend as well. Especially with casting abilities he uses. However, hoping that their will be a single player version and console version of this game is waste of time because it won't happen.
I agree that it is there is no hope in a single player version of the game, which is why I am hoping someone is willing to help me out, it won't take a lot of time if someone is willing.

cabled's Avatar


cabled
09.09.2013 , 01:31 AM | #6
well, the fights are designed to allow you to learn the mechanics of the game. however, since you're basically saying that you've given up on that and just want to clear the encounter, letting us know which server you're on would be a start. didn't see the info... although i might have missed it. reading on a mobile screen does thjat sometimes
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
09.09.2013 , 04:47 AM | #7
All of the above helps also:

1. Make sure your gear is completly up to date for you and your companion.
2. Make sure you have items in the slots for both Implants, earpeices and relics as these are not common drops so people tend to run about without up to date items in this slot. There are LS vendors on the fleet that sell relics and the others can be bought from GTN.
3.You can send your companion in first so that they grab the hits from Valis even if they end up fainting.
4. All else fails try running some level appropriate Heroics or flashpoints to gain a few levels.

morfius's Avatar


morfius
09.09.2013 , 04:54 AM | #8
It is so easy - bring a friend (no mater the class - if JK again both need to enable same class phase) with melee companion (ads die only from base melee attack - so friend has to kill them with base melee attack or has to turn all other on companion off & use it to kill them) that would kill ads ASAP.
Rest - interrupts ... don't remember exact cast that one-shots (it is tied with ads staying live long) but it is mandatory to interrupt.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

chasinginfinity's Avatar


chasinginfinity
09.09.2013 , 06:38 AM | #9
Use interrupts, use force stasis as an interrupt, use force leap as an interrupt (back up and leap if he is channeling lightening). You will neuter him then.

I went into with mine fully 2 levels ahead and got smacked down about 5 times....until I looked around and found out how to use the interrupt. If you stop his big attacks, he doesn't bring a whole lot of pain.

And if you can't interrupt, pop your barrier. Hope this helps it can be a tough fight

...and if you happen to be on the Progenitor server, I've got a high level scoundrel who can keep you healed up while you fight...
< Chrome Legacy > Jedi Covenant

Sapphire (pyro merc)
Ruby (assault commando), Diamond (sentinel)

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
09.09.2013 , 11:58 AM | #10
I had similar problems.

I kind of fixed them by self-crafting Jedi armor especially for Kira up to the best point I could do (blue, even purple), and getting her a new, much better weapon.

I updated my Jedi's gear in a similar way, too (buying newest modifications from planetary commendations).

Edit : As mentioned before, the "Heroic Moment" is a very good tool as well.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)